British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/seafood-express-loafy-chris12-488210/)

Gremmie Nov 7th 2007 1:30 pm

Re: SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 5525965)
okey dokey:)

okey dokey:rofl::rofl: no one say's okey dokey:ohmy:

Sue Nov 7th 2007 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5526058)
okey dokey:rofl::rofl: no one say's okey dokey:ohmy:

except me :)

I also say TTFN

Ta Ta For Now :D

Gremmie Nov 7th 2007 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 5526141)
except me :)

I also say TTFN

Ta Ta For Now :D

Spoken like a true Jimmy Young fan:eek:

andy_sheila Nov 7th 2007 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5526151)
Spoken like a true Jimmy Young fan:eek:

Jimmy who????????????????????????????????????

Gremmie Nov 7th 2007 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by andy_sheila (Post 5526176)
Jimmy who????????????????????????????????????

JIMMY YOUNG... a radio 2 "DJ" of bygone years i think:confused:
He had that jinngle.....Its the jimmy Young show so turn up (we allways sung off) your radio:eek::eek: i guess Sue didnt turn Off but Up:rofl:.

havent heard English radio in over 20 years so i dont know who is still current.
DLT the hairy cornflake did the breakfast show, Simon Bates did his true love thing,Steve Wright had Mr Angry,John Peel played unknown music from unknown bands Peter Powel got on my nerves,Mike Reid also did a TV program, Paul Burnett did miday i think. Noel Edmunds was on Sunday mornings. Are they all still there????

andy_sheila Nov 7th 2007 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5526209)
JIMMY YOUNG... a radio 2 "DJ" of bygone years i think:confused:
He had that jinngle.....Its the jimmy Young show so turn up (we allways sung off) your radio:eek::eek: i guess Sue didnt turn Off but Up:rofl:.

havent heard English radio in over 20 years so i dont know who is still current.
DLT the hairy cornflake did the breakfast show, Simon Bates did his true love thing,Steve Wright had Mr Angry,John Peel played unknown music from unknown bands Peter Powel got on my nerves,Mike Reid also did a TV program, Paul Burnett did miday i think. Noel Edmunds was on Sunday mornings. Are they all still there????

All way before my time mate:rofl:this was in the 1900's right?:rofl::rofl:

marcustandy Nov 7th 2007 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5526209)

I'm sure you could find a bit of spare time and listen to any of the BBC radio stations online. You can even choose to 'listen again' whereby programmes that have finished are still available to listen again online. Obviously, works better over a broadband connection.

My, my, hasn't technology moved on in these last 20 years!! :p Gremmie, did you know you can now get DAB digital radio??:thumbup: Non of those big transistors like your old wireless had!!!! :rofl::rofl:

andy_sheila Nov 7th 2007 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by marcustandy (Post 5526587)
I'm sure you could find a bit of spare time and listen to any of the BBC radio stations online. You can even choose to 'listen again' whereby programmes that have finished are still available to listen again online. Obviously, works better over a broadband connection.

My, my, hasn't technology moved on in these last 20 years!! :p Gremmie, did you know you can now get DAB digital radio??:thumbup: Non of those big transistors like your old wireless had!!!! :rofl::rofl:

:rofl: Gremmie still gets reports on whats happening on the Russian front on his radio, thats why he was in Switzerland, he doesn't want to get involved and decided on a neutral country............ he only just discovered the war was over and moved to Canada.:rofl::rofl:

DAVIE_MAC Nov 8th 2007 2:05 am

Originally Posted by andy_sheila (Post 5527621)
:rofl: Gremmie still gets reports on whats happening on the Russian front on his radio, thats why he was in Switzerland, he doesn't want to get involved and decided on a neutral country............ he only just discovered the war was over and moved to Canada.:rofl::rofl:

Gremmies Computer / Radio Room:

http://www.enigma846am.co.uk/jpegs_gifs/old_radio.jpg

andy_sheila Nov 8th 2007 2:28 am

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC (Post 5528215)

Thats great Davie but even enigma couldn't decipher Gremmies writing :rofl:

koogar Nov 8th 2007 2:36 am

Gremmie will be mad when he sees that picture :mad:

You know very well you're not supposed to post pictures of his son

Gremmie Nov 8th 2007 5:18 am

How kind off you all......

lilacheart Nov 8th 2007 5:35 am

Handled with such finesse

I must admit I didnt realise how old you were, explains the failing eyesight !!

DAVIE_MAC Nov 8th 2007 5:38 am

What about:

http://www.sirius.com/

ou can get time shiffted Radio 1 on it is it a good system?

Someone mentioned somewhere (I cant remember where) that it gets very repetative??

If it's live radio is that possible or do they just repeat broadcasts.

How do you listen to the Playboy channel on the radio???

UGH UGH UGH UGH...YA YA YA YA suppose can be repetative.

:p

koogar Nov 8th 2007 5:51 am

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC (Post 5529081)
What about:

http://www.sirius.com/

ou can get time shiffted Radio 1 on it is it a good system?

Someone mentioned somewhere (I cant remember where) that it gets very repetative??

If it's live radio is that possible or do they just repeat broadcasts.

How do you listen to the Playboy channel on the radio???

UGH UGH UGH UGH...YA YA YA YA suppose can be repetative.

:p

I had it so I could listen to live football from the old country mate (125-126). There's also a pretty good show called 'world soccer daily', which is on 10am-12 noon Pacific time.
Blue collar comedy (jeff foxworthy, Larry the cable guy etc) is pretty good (channels 103-105) but does get repeated.
BBC world news (141), 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, (5-8), lots of oldie stuff (for gremmie ;) ) radio 1 (11?) rock, pop, country, playboy, weather (184-185), travel for big US cities, disney, NFL, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, SPL :unsure: ..... anyway, pretty good.
$12.95US a month (I think), billed to a credit card, and you need a US address to register (or at least you did when I registered in Aug/Sept 06 (I just used our LA terminals address)).
The actual receiver/transmitter cost me $100US back then, but you can get cheaper/more expensive versions.