Driving jobs in Canada

Old Nov 3rd 2011, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Driving jobs in Canada

There are pakistani/indian oo's in Winnipeg recruiting and leased on to H&R
Old Nov 4th 2011, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
There are pakistani/indian oo's in Winnipeg recruiting and leased on to H&R
Lol Dave, I've already seen plenty of them pulling H&R trailers around AB, so there must be plenty of work for the employed drivers as well!
Old Nov 4th 2011, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Does it matter they are Indian ?
Old Nov 4th 2011, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Does it matter they are Indian ?
yes, that's like working for a polish company in UK or as a train driver for Ronnie Biggs. They have some awful equipment with the worst drivers and a total disregard for the law. They slash rates, take on jobs that no one else can do, cram 3 or 4 drivers in the truck with only 1 licence.
So get off your high horse curt you have no idea how much they damage the industry here in N America...........

Last edited by dave_lol66; Nov 4th 2011 at 11:11 am.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta agree with Dave on this one,they're a blight on the industry and a menace to other road users.His comment regarding 3/4 to a truck with only one valid license is totally correct.
Can generally spot them a mile away in their plain Freightliner/Volvo and van trailers,then it's time to give them a wide berth before they take your mirrors off or cut you up.Even had one of their trucks overtake me on the shoulder at 110kph going eastbound on the Yellowhead,it was so tempting to close the door!!!
Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

Isn't it funny how people's words come back to bite them in the arse
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
Isn't it funny how people's words come back to bite them in the arse
Whos ?
Old Nov 6th 2011, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Whos ?
Old Nov 6th 2011, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Whos ?
Someone once said that long haul was for mugs......that city work was much better money.....that they would never again sleep in a tin box in a truck park that stank of piss......that they enjoy being with their family too much to leave them.....that it's no wonder people go OTR when you look at the women they leave behind......

I find it all a great source of amusement
Old Nov 7th 2011, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Who said that then, Mark?

You find it amusing? I find it hilarious, especially the last bit. See, the person who said the thing about long haul being for mugs was sort of seeing your daughter at one point. Nobody has ever said city work pays better, have they?

I am guessing the jibes are aimed a little here, well the person I am working for knows the person Dave is working for well enough, so I am sure he will enjoy the racist comments.

And the women they leave behind... well yes, I can understand why some drivers would want to be away weeks at a time. Personally, I shall be away a week then home a week. 7 days home with my young lady then 7 days away for the duty free and a good income. Being a single dad does have advantages at tax time.

As for H&R, well look at the attitude toward them on here. How interesting it is to hear how sneakily some have come back to Canada, only to go on flat decks.. Yeah, like they will handle that. Hell, none of you could handle decks.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bobthedog
Who said that then, Mark?

You find it amusing? I find it hilarious, especially the last bit. See, the person who said the thing about long haul being for mugs was sort of seeing your daughter at one point. Nobody has ever said city work pays better, have they?

I am guessing the jibes are aimed a little here, well the person I am working for knows the person Dave is working for well enough, so I am sure he will enjoy the racist comments.

And the women they leave behind... well yes, I can understand why some drivers would want to be away weeks at a time. Personally, I shall be away a week then home a week. 7 days home with my young lady then 7 days away for the duty free and a good income. Being a single dad does have advantages at tax time.

As for H&R, well look at the attitude toward them on here. How interesting it is to hear how sneakily some have come back to Canada, only to go on flat decks.. Yeah, like they will handle that. Hell, none of you could handle decks.
I'm away to Superstore to get me a big bag of popcorn
Old Nov 7th 2011, 8:07 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like this thread is getting a bit personal. Let's reign that in a bit please, no need for it.

Also it appears that there are issues going on here that are outside of BE, so please keep them away from BE and between the parties in question. Lets not bring it onto this thread.

Thanks all.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

It seems the mods are expecting battle to commence....again

Not from me, I'm a lover not a fighter

So this tax break thing must be good, either that or you have a really high cpm rate, essentially you're going to be working only half the year.

I do wonder why you chose Hit and Run, after all the bad press they recieve, even if a lot of it is sour grapes, where there's smoke you'll usually find a fire?

As for flat decking, I actually enjoyed it, I liked the challenge of securing things like a load from Valley or even Behlen and the variety of destinations is very good too, but I choose not to do it, I can earn more money on reefers and vans and that is why I go to work in the first place.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Well the mileage rate is pretty fair, but the way it works is a little different. Hard to explain but all will be good. See, as a single parent, and since I have earned less this year, it changes the tax for me next year. In fact, with the child tax credit rise I shall get, I should be doing well.

The reason I chose them is because where else can I find a gig that gives me half the year off? This sort of fell into my lap. Now I won't say I will be earning megabucks (I think it is 3cpm above the normal rates), but then you have to factor in what I won't be spending as well.. It cost me $12 a day to drive to work for example. The yard is in Steinbach so I can leave the car with Carla, and she will be looking after Mike for me.

I rarely listen to much of the gossip, and have nothing particularly bad to say about any of them. I did ask their ops manager about some people that have been there and was told some amusing things. As long as the paperwork is right then there should be no problems really, and the man I am working for has done the same run for 4 years. I will trust his judgement before I trust anyone who hasn't worked there, or some of those that have.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

I intend to have a good time. I generally do, as it goes... The forums are something I rarely visit. Thing is, I periodically get the nod from people that there is something I should see, so I go look and, sure enough, there usually is.

I would welcome you back to Canada, but since it is almost winter and you are on deck, maybe you will not be here that long.

Glad to see the original spite still flows. Also glad to see that the usual lack of knowledge is still there. At least some secrets are still safe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.