Driving jobs in Canada

Old Aug 19th 2011, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Driving jobs in Canada

Originally Posted by skwiotkamil
any advice gents??
i would like to hear something from experienced drivers
The best thing to do is get in touch with Siemens or whoever, best to make sure that you are what they're looking for before getting your hopes up.

After that, research, research, research, oh and research!

If you do get a start, don't make any long term decisions until you've been here for at least a year, what seems very good when you're full of adrenalin in the first few months can seem very different a year down the road. That can be something simple like changing your mind about which car to buy, or something as important as living somewhere you or your family grow to hate.

My personal opinion is that the companies that recruit from overseas are all crap jobs, I've been there and done it, so it is a considered opinion, so be careful what you sign up to. You don't want huge penalties imposed if you leave after a year or two, reimbursing training costs is fair, after all, they get your licence for you, but anything other than that is a rip off.

If you make the right decisions, the move could be the best thing you've ever done, but make the wrong decisions and the opposite is true.

Good luck
Old Aug 20th 2011, 3:54 am
Just Joined

skwiotkamil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
My personal opinion is that the companies that recruit from overseas are all crap jobs, I've been there and done it, so it is a considered opinion, so be careful what you sign up to. You don't want huge penalties imposed if you leave after a year or two, reimbursing training costs is fair, after all, they get your licence for you, but anything other than that is a rip off.
well i know but thats the only way to get there, if i could go there first and research for job then i will
Old Aug 20th 2011, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Apply for a BUNAC visa then, and go over for a year for work and travel.
Go and look it up on google, read until your hearts content.

With your 1 years experience it probably wont be enough to get a job at the minute though, and it definately wont be enough experience to apply for PNP in some provinces - if you want to make the move permanent.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Apply for a BUNAC visa then, and go over for a year for work and travel.
Go and look it up on google, read until your hearts content.

With your 1 years experience it probably wont be enough to get a job at the minute though, and it definately wont be enough experience to apply for PNP in some provinces - if you want to make the move permanent.
If i go to Toronto with BUNAC visa, will I be able to work as a trucker?
I can pay to obtain my canadian class 1. And if i can and i will find employer there, can i get extension to that visa after 12 months??
Old Aug 30th 2011, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

If i go to Toronto with BUNAC visa, will I be able to work as a trucker?
I can pay to obtain my canadian class 1. And if i can and i will find employer there, can i get extension to that visa after 12 months??
Ontario wont sponsor you for PR being a long haul truck driver. You could go out there for a year on your temporary visa, yes.
You may have trouble finding work if you dont have ''canadian experience'' though.

You cant extend a Bunac visa.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 11:38 am
Just Joined

Ontario wont sponsor you for PR being a long haul truck driver. You could go out there for a year on your temporary visa, yes.
You may have trouble finding work if you dont have ''canadian experience'' though.

You cant extend a Bunac visa.
how about Vancouver?
is it any way that i can get working permit there while i will be working on Bunac visa?
Old Aug 31st 2011, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

how about Vancouver?
is it any way that i can get working permit there while i will be working on Bunac visa?
how the hell would i know?

a ''working permit'' for what?

Where are you from?

Have you bothered your a.r.s.e to read up on anything?
Old Aug 31st 2011, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

how the hell would i know?

a ''working permit'' for what?

Where are you from?

Have you bothered your a.r.s.e to read up on anything?
Well I did but Im confused
Im thinking to obtain bunac visa and go vancouver , find job there as a truck driver, then when bunac will expire im hoping to obtain working permit if that will be possible,
Im from Bosnia, but Im british passport holder too, i live in uk for last 7 years.
excuse my language, english is not my native
Old Aug 31st 2011, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Well I did but Im confused
Im thinking to obtain bunac visa and go vancouver , find job there as a truck driver, then when bunac will expire im hoping to obtain working permit if that will be possible,
Im from Bosnia, but Im british passport holder too, i live in uk for last 7 years.
excuse my language, english is not my native
Sounds like a perfect plan, go for it.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Have you got in touch with any companies over there yet? you were originally asking about, yankee/siemens... what about them? I cant really help you much. sorry.

Last edited by CurtNIR; Aug 31st 2011 at 2:42 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

No he wont. and please remove that post or I will get the MODS to do it.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

LOL
you can dish it out but you cant take it can you
Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

LOL
you can dish it out but you cant take it can you
you are giving out false information thats why.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 1:32 am
Just Joined

yes i did ask about yankee/siemens earlier because i wanted to get some information about them from their drivers.
at the moment im just getting some information,
anyway in march im going to canada for 3 weeks,
and im planning visit vancouver, winnipeg and calgary, 7 days each
then i will make decision what to do
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 3:58 am
Just Joined

RickyBaker is an unknown quantity at this point

I am just wondering if training is provided to drive a bus,as I was a bus driver in England but my licence isn't valid here.I have emigrated here but I am a Canadian citizen because my mother is Canadian.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.