British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Driving jobs in Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/driving-jobs-canada-517636/)

oilsands Feb 27th 2008 5:43 pm

Driving jobs in Canada

Thought I would post this in case anyone was looking for info regarding driving jobs - Bus and Coach:

Fort Mcmurray - Day shifts (Home every night) - 3-4 hour morning run and 3-4 hour afternoon run.

Will train to get licence.

Guaranteed $210.00 per day. Working 24 days on, 4 off, but plenty of overtime if wanted.

In addition, every drivers receives a Fort Mcmurray Living Allowance of $1050.00 per month

In total that equates to around $70-80k per year without OT. Some of the top seniority drivers are on $100-$130k per year.

PM me if you would like any details.

bigwheels241 Feb 27th 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Driving jobs in Canada

All that $$$$ sounds too good to be true, but thats my view, still Iam no coach captain, I hate passangers:p

oilsands Feb 27th 2008 6:26 pm

I agree that there is nothing worse in the transport industry than hauling a load that talks back to you but the wages, allowances and shifts are true.

This is Fort Mcmurray .... or Fort Mc Money as it is affectionally called.

bigwheels241 Feb 27th 2008 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by oilsands (Post 5991039)
I agree that there is nothing worse in the transport industry than hauling a load that talks back to you but the wages, allowances and shifts are true.

This is Fort Mcmurray .... or Fort Mc Money as it is affectionally called.

Don’t want to hijack the post, but seeing we just covered talking livestock passengers’ thought I would tell you a true story.

If you haven’t discovered I am English but lived and did all driving in Australia, in 1980 I did get my Australian Bus Drivers License, well I got my 1st job working for Greyhound driving from Alice Springs to Darwin.

Before this had been driving LGV Road Trains all over the Northern Territory.

So, knowing the road, no problem I have just about a name for each white line we pass.

My passengers were collected from Ayres Rock, all 38 of them from America. I drove a Silver-Eagle with powerful GM -Turbo engine, nice sound when you have a semi-auto box, well, collected my freight, drove to next town 380 miles nth of Alice, in that time I was asked 1001 questions, all in my view stupid questions but being a coach captain you must answer to the best of your knowledge. About 60 miles from our next rest stop, I hit 4 kangaroos that just bounced off my bull-bar on the bus, straight after that I hit a small steer, (Little Bull which is cut) that also bounced off my bull-bar. By this time the passengers where concerned, so the next 50 questions was all about my road-kill.

My exchange driver, took over at that next stop, my 7 hours are up, well I jump in the rear and sleep for 4-hours, and my relief driver hands back at the ½ way to Darwin stop.

He drives and hits not a sausage on the road. :ohmy:

I take over, and only 25 miles into my second shift and I hit another kangaroo, well was abused by one passenger, I kept cool and kept driving, well ¾ hour later, YEP I hit another kangaroo.

My passengers were getting annoyed, so was I. One yelled at me each time they saw a kangaroo on the side of the road, this made me a little peeved off, so I stopped, got out, said my views that it’s the way things are here, they didn’t agree, so I drove to the next small town, called the depot manager, and quit on the spot.

Never been in a coach since and never want to either ;)

bigwheels241 May 27th 2008 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by oilsands (Post 5990845)
Thought I would post this in case anyone was looking for info regarding driving jobs - Bus and Coach:

Fort Mcmurray - Day shifts (Home every night) - 3-4 hour morning run and 3-4 hour afternoon run.

Guaranteed $210.00 per day. Working 24 days on, 4 off, but plenty of overtime if wanted.

In addition, every drivers receives a Fort Mcmurray Living Allowance of $1050.00 per month

In total that equates to around $70-80k per year without OT. Some of the top seniority drivers are on $100-$130k per year.

Have a UK driver who wants to apply......sent you a PM

ronis sister May 29th 2008 2:53 am

Originally Posted by bigwheels241 (Post 6401169)
Have a UK driver who wants to apply......sent you a PM

Class 1 drivers,2 years experience, no criminal record? ? Access Transportation Ltd in Winnipeg are recruiting direct (cutting out the expensive middle man!!!) If you are able to start with in the next few months (doesn't take long to get an approved work permit) call them on 001-204-654-1347

mcurtis_1999 Jun 7th 2008 5:05 pm

Hi Oilsands,

I've PM'd you..

Cheers

jasper62 Jun 8th 2008 7:33 pm

hi oilsands good money ,but what is the cost of living in the f.m area i have been told you can expect to pay around $400,000 dollars for a 2 bed static trailer home mobile home on blocks , is this true elo

DAVIE_MAC Jun 8th 2008 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by jasper62 (Post 6447601)
hi oilsands good money ,but what is the cost of living in the f.m area i have been told you can expect to pay around $400,000 dollars for a 2 bed static trailer home mobile home on blocks , is this true elo

Use the following link to search for houses throuout Canada:

www.mls.ca

2 bed condo from $250.000

The other property advertised in my opinion looks very poor quality for the amount of money.......then again you need to balance it up against wages which I have no idea about.

You are correct there are static type elongated houses for $430.000 upwards which look shite not something I would want to live in personaly...someone else may be able to offer advice on alternate areas which are better & cheaper.

Cheers

http://images.mls.ca/listings/reb122...71040110_1.jpg For Sale:$246,900

INVESTORS ALERT!!!! Prime downtown location - Close to all amenities! Cozy one bedroom one bath unit - Call today

jennymiki Jun 10th 2008 6:47 pm

Hi we're thinking of moving over to start a new life togeather we are Miki and Jenny we are bus drivers and we need info on how to go about this can you help the email address is [email protected]

ronis sister Jun 10th 2008 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by jennymiki (Post 6453886)
Hi we're thinking of moving over to start a new life togeather we are Miki and Jenny we are bus drivers and we need info on how to go about this can you help the email address is [email protected]

check out www.cic.gc.ca/immigration it may be that you would be better off applying for PNP

sarky marky Jun 17th 2008 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by ronis sister (Post 6407306)
Class 1 drivers,2 years experience, no criminal record? ? Access Transportation Ltd in Winnipeg are recruiting direct (cutting out the expensive middle man!!!) If you are able to start with in the next few months (doesn't take long to get an approved work permit) call them on 001-204-654-1347

Do you have an email address for this company? i'm hoping to be going over to Saskatoon in August/September for interview with Siemens but would like to try an arrange at least 3/4 other interviews for the time i'm there, i want to keep my options open and make a descision thats right regarding area/ housing/ schools etc.

Thanks, Mark

ronis sister Jun 17th 2008 9:47 pm

email [email protected]

berkoboy Jun 18th 2008 7:13 am

emailed them last week(Access) with resume,references etc. Not heard nothing. Is that usual.

bigwheels241 Jun 18th 2008 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by berkoboy (Post 6477412)
emailed them last week(Access) with resume,references etc. Not heard nothing. Is that usual.

The poster was last on

Last Activity: May 30th 2008 7:21 pm