any advice

Old Dec 25th 2008, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: any advice

Gremmie wrote:
"Why not ??? 1000s of truckers make a good living why should you be any different ???? without been months away at a time,i do 10n days on 3-4 at home and my pal at H&R the same,,Kev(kb33) at West can is home every nite and earns bloody good money.. So whats ya problem"

Had some info from someone working for Westcan that he takes $1500 fortnighly. I do not call that good money. Also from a guy I do not know well, but says he earns £400 ($800) working 6 full days a week for Bison. 1 off, then 6 again. He does alot of Walmart deliveries which he says are a nightmare. That I call utter crap. I'll do months away if required, but I expect to be paid for it. You balance the above with the cost of the driving test & various exams you are required to finance then i'd say the figures don't add up.

That is my problem.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alandoug
Gremmie wrote:
"Why not ??? 1000s of truckers make a good living why should you be any different ???? without been months away at a time,i do 10n days on 3-4 at home and my pal at H&R the same,,Kev(kb33) at West can is home every nite and earns bloody good money.. So whats ya problem"

Had some info from someone working for Westcan that he takes $1500 fortnighly. I do not call that good money. Also from a guy I do not know well, but says he earns £400 ($800) working 6 full days a week for Bison. 1 off, then 6 again. He does alot of Walmart deliveries which he says are a nightmare. That I call utter crap. I'll do months away if required, but I expect to be paid for it. You balance the above with the cost of the driving test & various exams you are required to finance then i'd say the figures don't add up.

That is my problem.
So $1500 is not good money,, driving test if you are bad will cost about 1500$,, i think your problem is that you compare canada to the UK price wise,,big mistake
Old Dec 25th 2008, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Exactly ... If you can live comfortably on $3000 a month whats the problem ?

Not sure you can in the Calgary area but in other parts of Canada you could

I bet a lot of truckers in the UK don't earn much more than that. (1500 pounds a month)
Old Dec 25th 2008, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kb33
Exactly ... If you can live comfortably on $3000 a month whats the problem ?

Not sure you can in the Calgary area but in other parts of Canada you could

I bet a lot of truckers in the UK don't earn much more than that. (1500 pounds a month)
I think they earn about £450pw clear. I charge £120/day casual. Have worked all this month....
Remember boys, you gotta have your toys......

Paddock Hill bend, Brands Hatch this September. I'm on a GSXR1000.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Then stay in the UK pal
Old Dec 25th 2008, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Then stay in the UK pal
We got there eventually. Good luck guys.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not padock hill bend, but Morris snow mobile races
Old Dec 25th 2008, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/h...t=101_0431.jpg

Not padock hill bend, but Morris snow mobile races
Bloody hell. Now I'd fancy some of that!!

Took my eldest daughter (now 19) to Kiruna in Swedish lapland a couple of years ago. We took sled dogs out into wilds for a week with a guide. Bloody superb. Do they do any of that in your area? I know the most famous race is held in Alaska... http://www.iditarodtours.com/iditarod.htm Plenty of Canadians in it I should imagine.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bloody hell. Now I'd fancy some of that!!

Took my eldest daughter (now 19) to Kiruna in Swedish lapland a couple of years ago. We took sled dogs out into wilds for a week with a guide. Bloody superb. Do they do any of that in your area? I know the most famous race is held in Alaska... http://www.iditarodtours.com/iditarod.htm Plenty of Canadians in it I should imagine.
yes they do it all here,all of my neighbors have snow mobiles,or go of with sledges,,,but as you say as a trucker only on $1500 you could not afford that
Old Dec 25th 2008, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

http://www.snowyowltours.com/

Bout an hour from me (by car not plane !)
Old Dec 25th 2008, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

about 1 hour from me,,,

http://www.snowmuchfun.com/rentals.htm
Old Dec 25th 2008, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

This thread is turning into a "My brother can pi$$ further than your brother " type thread
Old Dec 25th 2008, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kb33
http://www.snowyowltours.com/

Bout an hour from me (by car not plane !)
Now that looks the dogs danglies. Makes you wanna go there for a holiday. I did try a snowmobile in Sweden, I thought it would be like a bike. Wrong. They felt awful on the front end to my beginner's rectum (on a bike you want a confidence inspiring front) daresay we'd get the hang of it.

Gremmie: $1500 pcm? I spent £10k+ on trackdays alone last year including 3 days in Almeria (crashed & burned on the 2nd day). The last time out at Brands one of the instructors told me to go racing. He is putting together a team to do the Hottrax endurance championship & asked if I fancied being in it.....http://www.hottrax-motorsport.co.uk/

I guess everything is relative, I'll have to go back to the calculator....
Old Dec 25th 2008, 8:59 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

I think they earn about £450pw clear. I charge £120/day casual. Have worked all this month....
Remember boys, you gotta have your toys......

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...g/ALX_6995.jpg

Paddock Hill bend, Brands Hatch this September. I'm on a GSXR1000.
You wanna be careful you don't hurt your knee, rubbing it on the ground like that.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 9:54 pm
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: any advice

Originally Posted by koogar
You wanna be careful you don't hurt your knee, rubbing it on the ground like that.
That's the sort of thing I'd have expected my (very) old dad to say!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.