any advice

Old Dec 20th 2008, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any advice

Originally Posted by spockil
thanks but what is ment to be will be.
i just fing it strange they will not even say why.
but I have got my name in list for other companies in new year.
so il see what happens
I don't whether it is practical for you.Have you considered looking into transit
driving in Calgary or Edmonton.?Just a thought and good luck.
http://www.calgarytransit.com/ct_emp...or_081210.html
http://www.edmonton.ca/transportatio...s-careers.aspx
Yoong
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spockil
hey well i was at interview with kersely i.e siemens and for some reason I was not offered job. and I was looking at working on edge so i dont know what happened.
I've been invited out by Kindersley for an interview. But they did say they were not looking for me to start before the summer. Westcan bulk will see me but they want you to pay an awful lot (your own driving test for example) to earn $1500 a fortnight. Spoke to Steve at H&R, he said come out & see him. He did NOT offer a job.

I've put up a couple of posts under the "Snow" thread. Might jog the thought processes abit.

The US is slowing down as is the rest of the world. Employers are going to be cautious about hiring new people right now. They are going to be choosy & not tolerate too much complaining. Better the devil you know IMO. I don't think any employer has to give a reason for saying "no".
Old Dec 21st 2008, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alandoug
I've been invited out by Kindersley for an interview. But they did say they were not looking for me to start before the summer. Westcan bulk will see me but they want you to pay an awful lot (your own driving test for example) to earn $1500 a fortnight. Spoke to Steve at H&R, he said come out & see him. He did NOT offer a job.

I've put up a couple of posts under the "Snow" thread. Might jog the thought processes abit.

The US is slowing down as is the rest of the world. Employers are going to be cautious about hiring new people right now. They are going to be choosy & not tolerate too much complaining. Better the devil you know IMO. I don't think any employer has to give a reason for saying "no".
I have never heard of any company paying for your driving instruction and tests,, some pay up front maybe but they recoup the funds from ya wages,or tie you to a 2 year contract Truck jobs are still plentyfull, and many a driver has allso screwd the trucking company......
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:41 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alandoug

But isn't the point of moving to Canada that it's a better country to live in rather than that they have better jobs?
If you're just looking for a better job, go drive for a different company near where you live. It's a lot easier than selling your house and moving thousands of miles away.
If, on the other hand, you really want to go and live in Canada, surely you're willing to work a bit harder/earn a little less/drive a truck which might not be the best for a couple of years in order to realise your dream of living there.
And why shouldn't you pay for your own driving test anyway? I've held HGV/CDL licences and driven trucks in 5 countries (UK, Isle of Man, New Zealand, Canada and the USA) and I've had to pay for my own licence every time. It's my licence. Why should someone else pay for it?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
But isn't the point of moving to Canada that it's a better country to live in rather than that they have better jobs?
If you're just looking for a better job, go drive for a different company near where you live. It's a lot easier than selling your house and moving thousands of miles away.
If, on the other hand, you really want to go and live in Canada, surely you're willing to work a bit harder/earn a little less/drive a truck which might not be the best for a couple of years in order to realise your dream of living there.
And why shouldn't you pay for your own driving test anyway? I've held HGV/CDL licences and driven trucks in 5 countries (UK, Isle of Man, New Zealand, Canada and the USA) and I've had to pay for my own licence every time. It's my licence. Why should someone else pay for it?
you tellem shorty

And incase i forget koogs have a super Christmass and a wonderful New year...
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:55 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
you tellem shorty

And incase i forget koogs have a super Christmass and a wonderful New year...
Actually, 4'8'' is pretty tall amongst certain jungle tribes, so less of the shorty, beardylocks.
Merry Christmas to you and yours too mate.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

My take on coming out here ... Sometimes you have to take one step backwards to take two steps forwards

And you can earn far more than $1500 a fortnight at Westcan Bulk

I paid for my own test back in 1981 (500 pounds) I have recouped that many many times over and its got me PR in one of the best countries in the world to live in. Nuff said ...

Some people are just so narrow minded

Merry Christmas Koogs and Graham and any one else reading this
Old Dec 21st 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kb33
My take on coming out here ... Sometimes you have to take one step backwards to take two steps forwards

I paid for my own test back in 1981 (500 pounds) I have recouped that many many times over and its got me PR in one of the best countries in the world to live in. Nuff said ...

To you too kev,,,hey what you buy t5he missus this year yet another pair of fluffy slippers
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:05 pm
Whatacomplete Member

Aren't you supposed to give it back when you reach 65?
Merry Easter and a happy whitsuntide to you too mate.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Aren't you supposed to give it back when you reach 65?
Merry Easter and a happy whitsuntide to you too mate.
I was 21 at the time and passed two months after passing my car test

But I'm actually younger than gremble
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:21 pm
Whatacomplete Member

But I'm actually younger than gremble
So's God.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

So's God.
Just nearly spat my coffee all over the keyboard
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just nearly spat my coffee all over the keyboard
hope you hung on to ya teeth
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gremmie
hope you hung on to ya teeth
Didnt have them in ....
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:52 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

merry christmas to you all, teeth or no teeth furry slippers or furry knickers have a good time over the holidays
kate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.