any advice

Old Dec 26th 2008, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any advice

Originally Posted by marcustandy
That's the sort of thing I'd have expected my (very) old dad to say!!

It only occured to koogs coz his knees are closer to the ground than ya average chaps knees
Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this more to your liking?

Old Dec 26th 2008, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alandoug
Koogs legs are shorter and hairier
Old Dec 26th 2008, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Koogs legs are shorter and hairier
Oh, I see. Is he one of these guys who you use to grease up a trailer? Put a pot of it on his head & tell him to run up & down underneath it?
Old Dec 26th 2008, 5:30 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Shut it!! Both of you.
And we'll have no mention of that little step I've got to help me climb into the cab either.
Alan:- I used to live in Tholt-y-will, on the isle of man and raced an R1, so I know what you mean about needing your toys. The roads are all pretty straight around here though and the nearest track in in Pueblo, Colorado, around 200 miles away, so I just play on the snowmobiles now and then and make do with that.
Gremmie:- just shut it.

Merry Christmas.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

deannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant future

Oh, I see. Is he one of these guys who you use to grease up a trailer? Put a pot of it on his head & tell him to run up & down underneath it?

Are they real, i thought this was one of those urban myths

Deanno
Old Dec 27th 2008, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by koogar
Shut it!! Both of you.
And we'll have no mention of that little step I've got to help me climb into the cab either.
Alan:- I used to live in Tholt-y-will, on the isle of man and raced an R1, so I know what you mean about needing your toys. The roads are all pretty straight around here though and the nearest track in in Pueblo, Colorado, around 200 miles away, so I just play on the snowmobiles now and then and make do with that.
Gremmie:- just shut it.

Merry Christmas.
Hi Koogar:
Try "Hard Roads" by Stephen Davison (Blackstaff Press, Amazon have got it). Its got abit in there about the IOM. Mrs gave it to me for Chrimbo. Primarily about the Irish road racing scene, the tragedy & the glory. I found it fascinating. He is a photographer foremost, but he was born into the sport & obviously loves it.
What class did you race the R1 in? Bloke I know called Steve Mercer is abit handy on an R1.
This guy is a truck driver (No1 bloke) had a long chat with him up at the bike show 3 weeks ago. http://www.mike-edwards.fsnet.co.uk/frames.htm . There is a cracking photo of him bouncing off the kerb at the NW200 a couple of years ago.

Have to say I'd miss the bikes terribly if I came to Canada
Old Dec 27th 2008, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by deannos
Are they real, i thought this was one of those urban myths

Deanno
They're called a grease monkey......
Old Dec 27th 2008, 5:28 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Koogar:
Try "Hard Roads" by Stephen Davison (Blackstaff Press, Amazon have got it). Its got abit in there about the IOM. Mrs gave it to me for Chrimbo. Primarily about the Irish road racing scene, the tragedy & the glory. I found it fascinating. He is a photographer foremost, but he was born into the sport & obviously loves it.
What class did you race the R1 in? Bloke I know called Steve Mercer is abit handy on an R1.
This guy is a truck driver (No1 bloke) had a long chat with him up at the bike show 3 weeks ago. http://www.mike-edwards.fsnet.co.uk/frames.htm . There is a cracking photo of him bouncing off the kerb at the NW200 a couple of years ago.

Have to say I'd miss the bikes terribly if I came to Canada
Used to have a mess around up at Jurby airfield with Andreas racing.
Not much of a track really. Rougher than a badgers arse in places, but it was fun for a while.
Had a lot more fun sitting at the square in Ramsey on the weekend with the other local nuts watching for bikes from 'across' (non-manx plates) and following them up onto the mountain to give 'em a lesson. Those Rensports got a bit interesting in the damp though.
I used to flag-marshal at the bungalow for the Manx. Best view of the racing by far but a bit nervy when someone comes out of Bungalow bridge/Drinkwaters with a wobble on. Always ready to take a quick dive into the ditch
I miss the bikes and the island in the summer, but it was an aweful place to live in the winter and cost a bloody fortune whenever you wanted to go back to England for a visit.
Much happier here now Alan. Snowmobiles and dirtbikes can be just as much fun and much less likely to kill ya.
Happy new year.