WTF in America

Old Oct 17th 2019, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

In January this year my wife found a half sister she never knew she had through the DNA matching. Lovely lady, great story and everyone is very happy. The lady knew she had been adopted as a baby in 1949, knew who her mother was but not her father. The lady's adopted parents apparently were fabulous, moved to Cornwall while she was small and she herself married a man down there 49 years ago and has children and grandchildren, but was always curious as to her father was.

Turns out that my wife's father had been seeing her, and then she was gone. (She lived in the next street in central Manchester and her parents shipped her off "to the country" as soon as they knew she was pregnant). This was 4 years before he met my wife's mother and we feel sure he can't have known as he was the the nicest, most honest person you are likely to meet.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 3:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Not saying this man is an innocent law abiding member of society, and he does have a past record and did run from police, but he didn't actually have drugs on him, but seems this jail is so bad, people have been known to plead guilty to get out of this jail, apparently even if it means 15 years in prison.

In August police attempt to pull man over on his bike for a traffic stop but man fled.
Cops catch man & find bag of white powder in his bag, police test powder and supposedly the field test says its cocaine.
Arrested and bail set at $50,000.
Man decides to plead guilty and sentenced to 15 years in prison.
2 months later lab results come back, powder in bag was powdered milk.
Man asks judge to vacate conviction which judge does.
Man tells judge he plead guilty so he would get out of Oklahoma City.

Apparently this jail must be so awful people have been known to plead guilty even when they didn't commit the crime just to get out of this jail as going to trial would be many more months waiting in jail if they can't afford the bail.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/innocent-man-pleaded-guilty-drug-charge-get-out-jail-it-n1067321?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma&fbclid=IwAR05ASGt4hc0 50iyuNN_6Nm9BveDt0587Wj2FufWNByx-iAPM2vhZLnE42g

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Oct 19th 2019 at 3:30 am.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 4:30 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by durham_lad
In January this year my wife found a half sister she never knew she had through the DNA matching. Lovely lady, great story and everyone is very happy. The lady knew she had been adopted as a baby in 1949, knew who her mother was but not her father. The lady's adopted parents apparently were fabulous, moved to Cornwall while she was small and she herself married a man down there 49 years ago and has children and grandchildren, but was always curious as to her father was.

Turns out that my wife's father had been seeing her, and then she was gone. (She lived in the next street in central Manchester and her parents shipped her off "to the country" as soon as they knew she was pregnant). This was 4 years before he met my wife's mother and we feel sure he can't have known as he was the the nicest, most honest person you are likely to meet.
Lovely when something like that works out well.
I learnt that I had a half sister out there some 10 hours after my Dad died. That person was virtually the same age as my own younger sister.
That did not turn out well . Not well at all.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Lovely when something like that works out well.
I learnt that I had a half sister out there some 10 hours after my Dad died. That person was virtually the same age as my own younger sister.
That did not turn out well . Not well at all.
Ouch, that must have been a shock to the family. Fortunately for my wife’s family this revelation came out 10 years after the death of her parents.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 5:35 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/919...ty-clinic.html
one of my OH's cousins is one of these children. Last I heard, she had met 11 of them - they were living all over the world and apparently very intelligent indeed. One of them is the children's writer Eva Ibbotson - who is the spitting image of the cousin.
Old Oct 19th 2019, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

HDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond reputeHDWill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/919...ty-clinic.html
one of my OH's cousins is one of these children. Last I heard, she had met 11 of them - they were living all over the world and apparently very intelligent indeed. One of them is the children's writer Eva Ibbotson - who is the spitting image of the cousin.
Interesting. From that article, "The same sperm donor should not be used to create so many children because of the risk that two of the offspring will unwittingly meet and start a family of their own, which could cause serious genetic problems in their children."

Even if you had three hundred secret opposite-sex half-siblings, in London, with a twenty year age range, the odds of marrying one were still very low.
Old Oct 28th 2019, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Off duty Dallas cop shoots his son thinking he was an intruder. Luckily the son only suffered non-life treating injury and is expected to survive, doesn't mention age of son so not sure if it was a child/teen or adult son.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6091972/o...c4BD5Nx9ttcIq4

In all my years I have never thought a family member was an intruder and even when I hear a noise, I don't jump to must be an intruder, must be horrible for these people living in such fear.
Old Oct 28th 2019, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Off duty Dallas cop shoots his son thinking he was an intruder. Luckily the son only suffered non-life treating injury and is expected to survive, doesn't mention age of son so not sure if it was a child/teen or adult son.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6091972/o...c4BD5Nx9ttcIq4

In all my years I have never thought a family member was an intruder and even when I hear a noise, I don't jump to must be an intruder, must be horrible for these people living in such fear.
Must be something in that Texan water. I suppose that having been given hell for waltzing into their neighbour's apartment and killing them and for shooting gamers through the windows they are having to look for new ways to satisfy their shooting lust.
Old Oct 28th 2019, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Must be something in that Texan water. I suppose that having been given hell for waltzing into their neighbour's apartment and killing them and for shooting gamers through the windows they are having to look for new ways to satisfy their shooting lust.
Excuse me, I test Texas Water.....well yeah you might just have something there!
Old Oct 29th 2019, 1:09 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody paid $334,000 for Kurt Cobain's cardigan.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50199103
Old Oct 29th 2019, 1:16 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter

I have a pair of strides that I split when I bent down to pull some weeds out, might try this second-hand clothes selling lark.
Old Oct 29th 2019, 1:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Fools and their money etc etc.
Old Oct 29th 2019, 1:50 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I have a pair of strides that I split when I bent down to pull some weeds out, might try this second-hand clothes selling lark.
Can you also sing and play the guitar poorly?
Old Oct 29th 2019, 4:04 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Can you also sing and play the guitar poorly?
Yep! And I dabble in some pretty potent drugs too. Off to the auction house I go.
Old Oct 29th 2019, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Yep! And I dabble in some pretty potent drugs too. Off to the auction house I go.
Load up on drugs and bring your friends

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.