WTF?

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 3:52 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF?

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I know! That had been in the works for a while (unbeknownst to me of course) and the Dr's report nearly threw a wrench in it. A conference was called and it was decided that instead of the whole thing being for my consumption only, it would be turned into a family meal and I was allowed one peice.

For those of you not my FB friends, this is what my daughter made for me as a Father's Day surprise dinner:

2lbs ground beef, 1lb bacon, 1/2 lb pepperjack cheese on a whole loaf of round sourdough..

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6274606_n.jpg
Do you have life insurance? Just wondering 'cause I'm pretty sure your kids think you do and are trying to bump you off....
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:12 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Your Kids made you share?!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:27 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

How about honey? Is that good for cholestrol? I had some on toast and liked it. There's a beekeeper down the road that sells it.
- you could always do what Dave Canterbury from Dual Survivor did and just shove your arm down a hive to gather some honey....

I used to hate oatmeal but have come to like it and will usually have it or plain cheerios for breakfast... add some banana and honey. I had my blood tested a couple of years ago and I am on the cholesterol cusp... should go and test it again sometime soon.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

I never used to like oatmeal either, but I add raisins, chopped walnuts or pecans or whatever other nuts I have, some cinnamon, some mixed spice and a little drizzle of maple syrup - it's not like the ole plain salty stuff of years gone by lol.

I just got tested and all my cholesterol levels were where they should be but my ECG showed that I have some minor abnormalities in my heart rythmn
As I've never had one before I have no idea if this is how it's always been or it's something new but apparently I need to go to the doc and have it checked out
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I know! That had been in the works for a while (unbeknownst to me of course) and the Dr's report nearly threw a wrench in it. A conference was called and it was decided that instead of the whole thing being for my consumption only, it would be turned into a family meal and I was allowed one peice.

For those of you not my FB friends, this is what my daughter made for me as a Father's Day surprise dinner:

2lbs ground beef, 1lb bacon, 1/2 lb pepperjack cheese on a whole loaf of round sourdough..

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6274606_n.jpg
WOW!!!! yum!!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 8:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Health food isn't all shit...grill more stuff...savour the bacon as a treat...

And whatever people say, porridge/oatmeal is still gummy baby food crap
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:48 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Health food isn't all shit...grill more stuff...savour the bacon as a treat...:
That's my plan.

Originally Posted by Bob
And whatever people say, porridge/oatmeal is still gummy baby food crap
As I'm eating a heaping bowl of it right now, I can agree. A little honey made it better, not sure I could choke a bowl down in the morning though.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I'm one of those weirdos who loves oatmeal and rabbit food, I only make meat dishes to be sociable. My husband recently had the raised cholesterol though, I do think stress plays its part. Hope everything goes well for you ABY.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 3:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

That's my plan.

As I'm eating a heaping bowl of it right now, I can agree. A little honey made it better, not sure I could choke a bowl down in the morning though.
I tried oatmeal for the first time a few months ago...I managed to swallow about 2 spoonfulls. I thought I was going to throw up...I threw the rest away. It was the texture...I'd put too much water in it and stirred it too much...so it was too mushy.

A few weeks later I tried again...used less water and just gave it a quick stir. I also put in a spoonfull of cinnamon...even though the oatmeal was already cinnamon flavoured.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:09 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Dear ABY.

I was reading this old thread about what people eat on a daily basis.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=552589

You describe one of your breakfasts as, "Coworker brought in doughnuts... so breakfast so far is four cups of coffee and three doughnuts."

One minute later (literally) you posted this - "Four doughnuts..."

I think this may explain some.

Last edited by Captain Cheesestick; Jun 23rd 2011 at 12:12 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:40 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex
Dear ABY.

I was reading this old thread about what people eat on a daily basis.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=552589

You describe one of your breakfasts as, "Coworker brought in doughnuts... so breakfast so far is four cups of coffee and three doughnuts."

One minute later (literally) you posted this - "Four doughnuts..."

I think this may explain some.
You might be onto something there...

And that was just breakfast.

Current intake is something like this:
Breakfast: Four cups of Joe (used to be 8)
Bananna
Lunch: Walk one mile route around the complex. Then an apple and a nectarine with a bottle of water. If I'm hungry add a sandwich(turkey/lettuce/mustard on whole wheat)

Afternoon snack: A few Snyder's sourdough hard pretzels.

Getting home from work snack: Two handfulls of pretzels and a glass of water.

Dinner: Last night was 1 slice of chicken breast (no skin) from one of those precooked rotisserie chickens, one small nuked potato with a sprinkle of cajun seasoning (no butter) and a spinach/tomato/red onion/anchovie/carrot salad with a small handful of feta chunks, lots of ground black pepper and no dressing. Glass of water.

Evening snack: Big steaming bowl of "Old Fashioned" oatmeal with two teaspoons of honey in it. And one cupcake because my daughter made it and I couldn't say no.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 4:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Wow ABY, you took immediate corrective action!
My only caution to you would be, make it sustainable... eat like you are really going to eat. Forevermore.

You can measure salad dressing you know. I don't like to go without, but I do use a measuring spoon to keep control of it.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 4:28 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a pretty drastic sudden change ABY. Don't forget a small treat now and then or you'll never stick to it.
I had chocolate cover granola bar last night, probably really bad (I didn't read the label) but it was a treat.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 5:07 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by meauxna
Wow ABY, you took immediate corrective action!
My only caution to you would be, make it sustainable... eat like you are really going to eat. Forevermore.

You can measure salad dressing you know. I don't like to go without, but I do use a measuring spoon to keep control of it.
Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Thats a pretty drastic sudden change ABY. Don't forget a small treat now and then or you'll never stick to it.
I had chocolate cover granola bar last night, probably really bad (I didn't read the label) but it was a treat.

So far I've really just been using what we already had available. Haven't been shopping yet so the menu appears kind of limited and drastic, but I expect to expand the cupboard during the next shopping trip. And I'm not planning on cutting out stuff I like entirely at this point, I don't think bacon and eggs a couple times a month for Saturday breakfast or a good steak for dinner once in a while is going to hurt too much. I'll just cut down from 3 eggs to 1 and from a quarter pound of bacon to a few strips and instead of a eating a 20oz ribeye myself I'll share with my wife. The general idea is to eat healthy most of the time, splurge every once in a while but splurge in moderation. That, plus drink more water and excersise and I think I'll be OK.

Besides, my daughter keeps baking cupcakes...
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

I always put milk in oatmeal. I didn't know that anyone used water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.