Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What's your secret tv show obsession?

What's your secret tv show obsession?

Old Jan 5th 2019, 8:03 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your secret tv show obsession?

Steerpike, I use the Amazon Fire Stick that gives me Prime and Netfix. I don't have the voice remote through Cox, but have it through the Fire Stick.

Rene
Old Jan 5th 2019, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Steerpike, I use the Amazon Fire Stick that gives me Prime and Netfix. I don't have the voice remote through Cox, but have it through the Fire Stick.

Rene
Yeah, for people like you who are already 'comfortable' with the various streaming services, there' not a whole lot of benefit with what I'm describing, but for some it may be useful to know. I have both the Roku stick and a chromecast dongle, but my g/f, for whatever reason, just wants to sit in front of the 'box' with the one remote and do everything from there through the main 'guide'! One benefit of the 'integrated' solution is, you don't consume 'data' allocations - the media is delivered via the 'TV' infrastructure and not your 'data' allocation. Another benefit is the ability to search across a greater set of sources. I can search for a movie or show through Comcast/Cox, and it will show me all possible sources, including Netflix.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 2:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Yeah, for people like you who are already 'comfortable' with the various streaming services, there' not a whole lot of benefit with what I'm describing, but for some it may be useful to know. I have both the Roku stick and a chromecast dongle, but my g/f, for whatever reason, just wants to sit in front of the 'box' with the one remote and do everything from there through the main 'guide'! One benefit of the 'integrated' solution is, you don't consume 'data' allocations - the media is delivered via the 'TV' infrastructure and not your 'data' allocation. Another benefit is the ability to search across a greater set of sources. I can search for a movie or show through Comcast/Cox, and it will show me all possible sources, including Netflix.
I'm with Rene and your g/f. We use Roku and we have BritBox, Acorn, Netflix, Amazon Prime, PBS, and others. We have Comcast/xfinity but the f'ing bills are so high for a fixed income couple that we don't have voice control (which is extra), no HD (which is extra), no premium channels (which are extra) and our monthly is still over $170 a month for landline (which I need for the captioncall phone), internet and television.
Old Mar 15th 2019, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

My latest discovery on Netflix ... 'The West Wing' !!!!!! The hit show from the late 90s / early 2000's. It's wonderful! I never watched it when it was on TV, so I get to relish it now. Allison Janney and Rob Lowe are just magical to watch, as is Martin Sheen, and the entire cast. Given the Shit-Show going on in the real White House today, it's lovely to watch an idealized version of a White House (seemingly modeled after the Clinton presidency).

I also finished the first three seasons of "Better Call Saul", and I have to say - it really grew on me! By the end of the 3rd season, I would say I enjoyed it more than Breaking Bad. It's not as lively, but the characters are great, the story is great, and the filming is wonderful. Super-pissed that Season 4 isn't available anywhere without payment, until summer perhaps.
Old Mar 15th 2019, 1:51 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I also finished the first three seasons of "Better Call Saul", and I have to say - it really grew on me! By the end of the 3rd season, I would say I enjoyed it more than Breaking Bad. It's not as lively, but the characters are great, the story is great, and the filming is wonderful. Super-pissed that Season 4 isn't available anywhere without payment, until summer perhaps.
The slow burn is worth it for the payoff. Season 4 should be available on Netflix around the time season 5 comes out, but I don't know when that will be yet. It will be worth the wait though, trust me.
Old Mar 15th 2019, 5:45 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Columbo, Mannix and Cannon. The shows may be as old as the hills and the main characters long dead but there are no cell phones, no wannabe tough guy women, no smart black guys making white guys look like dumb ass country bumpkins. Refreshingly absent of political correctness and all other related bullshit

Last edited by dc koop; Mar 15th 2019 at 5:48 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2019, 8:32 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Columbo, Mannix and Cannon. The shows may be as old as the hills and the main characters long dead but there are no cell phones, no wannabe tough guy women, no smart black guys making white guys look like dumb ass country bumpkins. Refreshingly absent of political correctness and all other related bullshit
A total old-white-guy fantasy world, then. Enjoy your cocoon.
Old Mar 17th 2019, 4:00 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger

... and by "cocoon" we mean padded-cell.
Old Mar 17th 2019, 4:08 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
and by cocoon and padded-cell, we also mean cave.

What a wally
Old Mar 18th 2019, 4:48 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

There's plenty of fantasy already. Just look at the drivel Hollywood is churning out. Sadly an indication in the decline of the IQ of the average American. If I were to mention Doctor Zivago to the average 40 something American today he or she would think I was talking about my personal physician.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 4:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Leslie
My one aim in life is to put you in a padded cell Leslie. You're so uptight and on a short fuse that you're halfway there already
Old Mar 18th 2019, 1:49 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

There's plenty of fantasy already. Just look at the drivel Hollywood is churning out. Sadly an indication in the decline of the IQ of the average American. If I were to mention Doctor Zivago to the average 40 something American today he or she would think I was talking about my personal physician.
I think you are wrong -- and they could also probably spell the name correctly.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 1:49 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

You are not in a position to be lecturing anyone on the level of their IQ.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 1:50 pm
I have a comma problem

I think you are wrong -- and they could also probably spell the name correctly.
I know, right, I mean who can't spell До́ктор Жива́го?
Old Mar 18th 2019, 1:50 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

My one aim in life is to put you in a padded cell Leslie.
That's stalker talk!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.