Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What's your secret tv show obsession?

What's your secret tv show obsession?

Old Mar 21st 2019, 2:28 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your secret tv show obsession?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
We smoked dope in the darkroom once, does that count?
I'd say that counts. I never came across dope, booze and nicotine were our poisons of choice. Except at the Stones concert at the WACA, there was a humongous joint being passed around - I didn't know what it was so just passed it on.
Old Mar 21st 2019, 2:32 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
It was the 70s man. Even the teachers wore 'Make Love Not War' badges. We sang Norwegian Wood in music class and were given a say in the school curriculum.
We caught the bus into the city on Saturday nights to go to Rock Masses at St Georges Cathedral.
We sat around in a big circle in Supreme Court Gardens, playing guitars and singing.
What a time to be alive
I once saw someone wearing a "Make Badges Not Love" badge. It wasn't my RE teacher.
Old Mar 21st 2019, 2:32 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say that counts. I never came across dope, booze and nicotine were our poisons of choice. Except at the Stones concert at the WACA, there was a humongous joint being passed around - I didn't know what it was so just passed it on.
The darkroom was a perfect place to smoke it because of the chemicals to mask the smell (one of them was a really strong vinegary smell, very useful) and the big strong extractor fan it had. We'd just 'forget' to give the key back to the teacher in charge and return it with an 'oops, sorry' the next morning. I did also develop photographs in there though, I'm not a total heathen.

Never drank in school though, but I did show up still drunk from the night before once or twice.
Old Mar 21st 2019, 2:37 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
I once saw someone wearing a "Make Badges Not Love" badge. It wasn't my RE teacher.
Pity that didn't catch on, it's quite good

Just thinking what the manufacturers of my knock off Bali 'Shit Happen' t-shirt could make of that. 'Make Badgers Not Love' ?
Old Mar 21st 2019, 2:40 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
The darkroom was a perfect place to smoke it because of the chemicals to mask the smell (one of them was a really strong vinegary smell, very useful) and the big strong extractor fan it had. We'd just 'forget' to give the key back to the teacher in charge and return it with an 'oops, sorry' the next morning. I did also develop photographs in there though, I'm not a total heathen.

Never drank in school though, but I did show up still drunk from the night before once or twice.
Your high school years were suitably rebellious and sneaky. If we can't do these things then.....we're up shit creek without a paddle if we carry on like that as adults.
Gawd, I never drank at school either, my mother would have found out and killed me!
Old Mar 21st 2019, 2:42 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Your high school years were suitably rebellious and sneaky. If we can't do these things then.....we're up shit creek without a paddle if we carry on like that as adults.
Gawd, I never drank at school either, my mother would have found out and killed me!
I kind of left it until late to be all subversive, all of these things took place in 6th form. I wasn't very adventurous until I was about 15

I will say this though, and to tie it into the TV theme, but The Inbetweeners is basically a documentary and apparently not much changed between 1996 and 2008 when it comes to teenage boys in the UK.