Tele

Old Jul 2nd 2010, 2:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

Originally Posted by Bill_S
About all I do now is channel surf... a while back I came across one of those bog-standard police dramas on USA, and instantly recognized the Toronto waterfront. But from the way the pan shots were edited it was clear they were desperate NOT to let the CN tower be shown - they didn't want it to be TOO obvious it wasn't an American city
Loads of US films are made in Toronto because it's cheaper...apart from the tower it looks like many US cities. I love it when catch them out and see something you recognise from T.O....like the The Bay sign.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bob
Liking Lie to Me as well, not seen this evenings episode yet, but it's certainly been a little bit more darker so far and nice to see a bit of history behind the characters.
I love Lie To Me (it's only a week behind the US here in the UK) but I cannot dislike any episodes with Cal's daughter in. I can't stand her character.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 2:40 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Loads of US films are made in Toronto because it's cheaper...apart from the tower it looks like many US cities. I love it when catch them out and see something you recognise from T.O....like the The Bay sign.
Yes, in fact when Flashpoint first started it wasn't at all clear that it was set in Canada rather than the USA. It was only about halfway through the first season that maple leaves and such like started showing up...
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Or a TTC streetcar. There was quite a bit of filming on the U of T campus when I was there. Maybe your daughter noticed the same thing. There's a disused subway station (lower Bay) that has been used for filming a number of times as well.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 2:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Yes, in fact when Flashpoint first started it wasn't at all clear that it was set in Canada rather than the USA. It was only about halfway through the first season that maple leaves and such like started showing up...
If you know Toronto you could tell right away. Also Canadian productions have a totally different 'feel' about them.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 2:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Bill_S
Or a TTC streetcar. There was quite a bit of filming on the U of T campus when I was there. Maybe your daughter noticed the same thing. There's a disused subway station (lower Bay) that has been used for filming a number of times as well.

Yes she did...several films have been filmed there.

It's not unusual to see filming going on downtown. A few months ago we saw a NYC cop car crashed on the sidewalk...complete with NYC looking hydrants.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 3:04 pm

If you know Toronto you could tell right away. Also Canadian productions have a totally different 'feel' about them.
Only been there once.

The first clue for me was a light rail station, in one of the eps.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 4:53 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Only been there once.

The first clue for me was a light rail station, in one of the eps.
I've never been any further west than Ottawa, or further east than Quebec City. My parents went to Toronto for the Scottish thingie on their 25th anniversary.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 11:00 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's time.

After Time Warner took away 2 of the only 3 film channels that we watched (the last one right in the middle of us watching a film), and after the woman on the phone let it slip that the other one will disappear soon too, we will be dumping cable when I get back from my trip to Blighty. I can't wait!

We'll probably use the money we save within a couple of months to buy a Wii to stream Netflix, and catch up with the rest online.

We've been talking about it for years, and now that "The Shield" and "24" are done, there's nothing appealing about paying outrageous amounts of money for a load of shit channels with unbearable adverts

YAY
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 12:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I never really got into that series...gave up after the first couple of episodes. It was probably because there were so many other series starting at the same time and I can't keep up with watching all of them. From what you've said though I'll give it another try...thanks.
It's an odd one, but one of the shows that came back that I've been really liking, nice to see the little touches of the main chap actually being a Brit over here.

It's also pretty good in that it doesn't really matter to much if you miss an episode or watch out of sequence as there really isn't a very deep back story to follow along, each are pretty much closed off episodes. Saying that, the last couple of episodes have started to go a little bit into the background of the main character, why he is the way he is, but I don't think it'll matter if you just catch the repeats and any from this new series.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 2:24 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Warehouse 13

Anyone still bothering with this?

Apparently it started today? Can't be arsed as I can't remember what really happened any more tbh.

So when is Eureka starting?
Old Jul 7th 2010, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Bob
Warehouse 13

Anyone still bothering with this?

Apparently it started today? Can't be arsed as I can't remember what really happened any more tbh.

So when is Eureka starting?
I watched it. It was pretty entertaining.

Eureka starts Friday.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Liking Lie to Me as well, not seen this evenings episode yet, but it's certainly been a little bit more darker so far and nice to see a bit of history behind the characters.
I loved Lie to Me last season, since it came back on I haven't seen any episodes as I keep freakin' forgetting it's on grrrrrr.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 11:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Haven

Anyone catch that? It's supposed to be based off of a Stephen King novel with a bit of a X-Files factor, based up in Maine, where all things weird happen.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
Haven

Anyone catch that? It's supposed to be based off of a Stephen King novel with a bit of a X-Files factor, based up in Maine, where all things weird happen.
We quite liked it. Enough to set up a season pass for it, anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.