Tele

Old Jan 24th 2015, 4:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

Originally Posted by Bob
12 Monkeys, series based on the movie has just started. Anyone catch it?
After the first couple of episodes, it's not entirely terrible.

I thought the first episode was more interesting and well paced than the second one but it has potential.

As the movie, chap goes back in time to save the world from a disease, turns out to be a bit more complicated than expected and then it's all about investigating things.

A lot of recognisable faces from various shows, especially Nikita.

Another cop show, "Backstrom", also not entirely terrible, but will have to wait and see as it's a bit of a odd one. The characters aren't exactly all that likeable but they're not overly horrid either.

Starts out investigating a suicide of a important persons son. A bit to much of a predictable twist I thought, but we shall see.

Worth a punt, but I don't think you'll miss to much back story if you don't catch it all.
Old Jan 24th 2015, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

I'll let 12 Monkeys pile up on the DVR and see what the feedback's like before I invest.

I hate the way American telly starts a new series, shows a few episodes, then starts skipping weeks. Agent Carter.
Old Jan 24th 2015, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of

So, have a free preview weekend of starz with comcast...anyone have an opinion on first season of Black sails..is it worth a marathon watching session?
Old Jan 24th 2015, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by _Clueless$y$t€m_
So, have a free preview weekend of starz with comcast...anyone have an opinion on first season of Black sails..is it worth a marathon watching session?
We really enjoyed Black Sails. Toby Stephens, son of Maggie Smith, is quite charismatic and there's a bunch of other interesting characters. Cinematography is nice too.

Looking forward to Series 2.
Old Jan 24th 2015, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of_Clueless$y$t€m_ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hotscot
We really enjoyed Black Sails. Toby Stephens, son of Maggie Smith, is quite charismatic and there's a bunch of other interesting characters. Cinematography is nice too.

Looking forward to Series 2.
Thanks for the swift response. Think we'll be settling in for a complete season watching session. The weather is bloody awful here anyway.
Old Jan 24th 2015, 5:56 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by _Clueless$y$t€m_
Not great, not crap.
I know thats not that helpful, but it was one of those shows, OK, but not worth going out of your way for.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

phodg is an unknown quantity at this point

Da Vinci's Demons is also worth watching on Starz.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 7:04 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

After five (or six) episodes, what are peoples opinions on the Nightly Show?

I am not too impressed, and I think it might need a bit of a shake up if it is to continue. Larry was great as a foil, but I dont think his personality is strong enough to hold the show. The keep it 100% isnt quite living up to the mark, and his chats with a faux expert all seem to be the same, cant just keep running the same weak joke.

On the positive side, it is giving exposure to otherwise silent voices. So I hope some producer has a bit of a shake up behind the scens, as there is still potential.
Old Jan 31st 2015, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I finally got into "Parks and Recreation" last weekend. My g/f's nephew has a netflix account and we had a marathon 10+ episode session the other night. I just love the various characters (caricatures ... ?), especially the Rob Lowe character. I guess sometimes you have to binge-watch to get going with these things!

I must say, I'm pretty impressed with netflix also - non-stop show-after-show, with no commercials. And never a visual hitch, even with a player on wifi plugged into the big screen TV ... quite amazing.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond repute

Home alone (OH in Ca, Number 1 on a history tour to Eastern Europe, Number 2 on a French exchange and Number 3 skiing). Am binge watching from TiVo

The Librarians- popcorn TV at its best, the chap from Leverage is the best character
Scorpion - a bit silly, but have got through 8 episodes
Ascension - enjoyed the first episode, got another 2 to watch

Mob City has been sitting on the box for over a year. Is it worth watching?
Old Feb 9th 2015, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

I can highly recommend a French drama called "Spiral" - subtitled of course. But myself and others on Brit forum love it.. It's on BBC 1 now Season 5 but if you like cop dramas and don't mind subtitles please give this a shot. I think other seasons can be found on netflix or wherever..
Old Feb 9th 2015, 4:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Sons of Liberty

Found the first episode, after much hype, to actually be really boring, till the last 15 or so mins, when things started to kick off and it left it would potential to pick up in the next episode, so we're going to give it more of a go but the first episode was a bit of a disappointment.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

toopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone see "Better Call Saul"? And do you need to have seen Breaking Bad in order to understand the series?
Old Feb 9th 2015, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched Better Call Saul, it was a good start.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 7:11 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by toopie28
Has anyone see "Better Call Saul"? And do you need to have seen Breaking Bad in order to understand the series?
The first episode has promise. Knowing who he is adds interest, but he is his own character, it is a prequel, so more or less all new content, though we see a few faces that we know from the future.

Too early to say if its going to be any good, does not look like you need BB knowledge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.