Tele

Old Jan 20th 2015, 11:00 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

Just binged our way through 7 seasons of The Brittas Empire.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 1:08 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I see Fox is engaged in active discussions to bring back the X-Files. Ironically I am two thirds of the way through (for the first time) the final season on the X-files on DVD.

Originally Posted by Nutek
Just binged our way through 7 seasons of The Brittas Empire. ....
Insomnia? It's seven o'clock in the morning!

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 20th 2015 at 1:11 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 1:46 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I see Fox is engaged in active discussions to bring back the X-Files. Ironically I am two thirds of the way through (for the first time) the final season on the X-files on DVD.
Fringe > X-Files.

/helpful
Old Jan 20th 2015, 1:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Fringe > X-Files.

/helpful
One or more series of Fringe DVDs is going to be in my next Amazon order, per your previous recommendation, to make it up to $35 for free shipping.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 1:57 pm

One or more series of Fringe DVDs is going to be in my next Amazon order, per your previous recommendation, to make it up to $35 for free shipping.
Fringe is a good choice for X-Files fans I think. A little slow to get going (season 1) in places, but an awesome show over all.

And a nice round 100 episodes, WITH an actual ending (not just canceled).
Old Jan 20th 2015, 2:04 pm

Fringe is a good choice for X-Files fans I think. A little slow to get going (season 1) in places, but an awesome show over all.

And a nice round 100 episodes, WITH an actual ending (not just canceled).
The funny thing is that I am really enjoying the 9th season of the X-Files. I like the John Doggett character and would hope (probably in vain) that there is room for him in a new X-Files.

I can't help but wonder if Fringe was wrapped up by Fox to make room for the return of the X-Files?
Old Jan 20th 2015, 2:07 pm

The funny thing is that I am really enjoying the 9th season of the X-Files. I like the John Doggett character and would hope (probably in vain) that there is room for him in a new X-Files.

I can't help but wonder if Fringe was wrapped up by Fox to make room for the return of the X-Files?
Dunno. Killing Fringe was a travesty.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 2:11 pm

Dunno. Killing Fringe was a travesty.
Maybe Fox can reboot Fringe the next time David Duchovny throws a tantrum?
Old Jan 20th 2015, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Fringe ended nicely, although I wish they didn't do the "let's change everything in the new season" so often.

I missed a few seasons of the X-Files while at uni, so I never got back into it to see the final few. Maybe I'll binge watch it all from the beginning. I never get tired of the carny episode.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Anian
"let's change everything in the new season"
They sure weren't afraid to mix things up were they?

It was all about Walter though for me. Walter is in it? it's all good.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 10:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Helix is back for a second series....wonder where it'll go now...
Bit meh....I think I'll give it a couple more episodes, but I hadn't quite remembered the end of the series, which probably didn't help.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 10:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The Man in the High Castle

One of the new pilots from Amazon.

This is about an alternate universe, where the Germans win WW2...It's a little hammy but it's not entirely terrible and has good production values. Could certainly make a good mini series, not sure about a full on series as some of the characters weren't that interesting.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 11:16 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
The Man in the High Castle

One of the new pilots from Amazon.

This is about an alternate universe, where the Germans win WW2...It's a little hammy but it's not entirely terrible and has good production values. Could certainly make a good mini series, not sure about a full on series as some of the characters weren't that interesting.
Thats written (the source) by Philip K. Dick, so got some pedigree. I'll have to give it a watch.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 5:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Point of Honor

Another Amazon pilot, this is about slavery and the war. Little slow going in places but potential for action and some interesting characters.

This does have potential and worth a punt if you're into these kind of shows.

So far, this batch of Amazon pilots have been much better than the last batch, some really good production values so far.
Old Jan 24th 2015, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

FlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond reputeFlaviusAetius has a reputation beyond repute

Generation War on Netflix streaming. Three episodes involving 5 friends who get together in Berlin in May 1941 before three of them go off to the Eastern Front and follows them to the end. Shows WWII from the German perspective. In German with subtitles. Was very well done, so watched it in two evenings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.