Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Statistically, it was only a matter of time

Statistically, it was only a matter of time

Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:21 am

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Statistically, it was only a matter of time

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
No, you can see the dent the deer's head made in the hood though.

Your questions are givng me the creeps.
Wow what a story! Good that everyone is ok. (Not the deer) My question is even if you could take it how would you fit it in the boot?
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:22 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hatfield1
Wow what a story! Good that everyone is ok. (Not the deer) My question is even if you could take it how would you fit it in the boot?
I would have had to go back home and get my truck. Actually, it probably would have fit, but it would have been messy. Wife probably wouldn't have went for the idea either.

Last edited by another bloody yank; Jan 15th 2008 at 7:24 am.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:26 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Arrow Re: Statistically, it was only a matter of time

before a whitetail deer committed suicide by throwing itself in front of my car...

Finally happened Saturday night, we were right on the edge of town (literally, a 1/4 mile before the houses start) just at dark and I had let my guard down... My wife pointed at one on the left and I failed to see the five on the right, one of which jumped into the road just as I was turning my head to check that side. I was doing around 45mph. The damage: Big dent on the top of the hood near the front on the pass side, broken headlight, pass side front fender dented up enough that the front door won't open all the way, dent and trim torn off of the pass side front door. We have full coverage, but it's a '03 Hyundai Accent with 170,000mi. The insurance guy is supposed to call us back today, I'm wondering if it's totalled, we still owe about 2 grand on it.

PITA.
This nearly happened to us last year while we were visiting Virginia. We were driving at night in the country and all of a sudden a deer crossed the road right in front of us. Thankfully we were'nt going that fast, but the deer seemed hypnotised by the car lights and just stood their. The deer managed to live another day, but I think it took 2 years off both our lives.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:36 am

I would have had to go back home and get my truck. Actually, it probably would have fit, but it would have been messy. Wife probably wouldn't have went for the idea either.
Wifey’s always raining on the parade.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:50 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

No, you can see the dent the deer's head made in the hood though.

Your questions are givng me the creeps.
Was there visible brain matter?
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:52 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Why do I suddenly feel like I walked into Cold Case Files?
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Was there visible brain matter?
I thought you went more for the angry persona than the morbidly creepy. I suppose they do go hand in hand.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Why do I suddenly feel like I walked into Cold Case Files?
More like Texas chainsaw Massacre
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:56 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hatfield1
I thought you went more for the angry persona than the morbidly creepy. I suppose they do go hand in hand.
I'm angry and creepy.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:00 am
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm angry and creepy.
A typical woman then? ....

----
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:13 am

I'm angry and creepy.
Oh……YA …that’s how I like’m……
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by britex01

----
You left out soft….mmmmm….sssssoooffffttttt…….
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:35 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by britex01

----
I just want to know if the deer screamed ............... is that really so bad?!?!?
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:18 am

I just want to know if the deer screamed ............... is that really so bad?!?!?
He wasn’t boiling it sill woman.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:29 am
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

No, of course that isn't bad, Leslie. Pain and its cry is understandable to many of us, be it from a human, deer, horse, or whatever...

Some of us have heard those cries, the screams...

----

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.