Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Statistically, it was only a matter of time

Statistically, it was only a matter of time

Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:15 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Statistically, it was only a matter of time

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
That's the thing, I'm not sure what I could or couldn't do with it legally. If I knew I could have taken it though, it was going in my freezer! The roads around here are littered with carcasses...
In Ohio, the deer is legally yours. You just have to get a tag from the local authorities.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:19 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Really glad that it was only the car and poor Bambi that got hurt...
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:33 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a couple pics of the car. It doesn't look like much, but I bet the estimate surprises me... I'm going to take a W.A.G. and say $2000 worth of damage.
Attached Thumbnails Statistically, it was only a matter of time-car1.jpg   Statistically, it was only a matter of time-car2.jpg  
Old Jan 15th 2008, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

THAT'LL BUFF RIGHT OUT!!!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 3:18 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a couple pics of the car. It doesn't look like much, but I bet the estimate surprises me... I'm going to take a W.A.G. and say $2000 worth of damage.
At least it's drivable, you don't have to go without it while it gets sorted..
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:25 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I was coming back from Albany about 1 or 2am about 3 years ago, half asleep and in the middle of the Adirondack national park somewhere near Blue Mountain Lake. I saw this thing run from the left straight out infront of me and managed to just back off enough to miss it by barely an inch. A hugh brown bear.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
I was coming back from Albany about 1 or 2am about 3 years ago, half asleep and in the middle of the Adirondack national park somewhere near Blue Mountain Lake. I saw this thing run from the left straight out infront of me and managed to just back off enough to miss it by barely an inch. A hugh brown bear.
I've seen a brown bear a couple of miles away from where I live...early in the morning. I've seen more than a few dead by the side of the road driving through the Poconos...there's no mistaking the shape.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:31 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
At least it's drivable, you don't have to go without it while it gets sorted..
That is a plus, my wife has been driving it since I leave while it's still dark and it's only got one headlight now. I hope that doesn't last forever though, there's a little difference in mpg from my fullsize pickup vs. the Hyundai...
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:34 am
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Rushman
I wish we had bears. They are in the southern part of the state, but not this far north. I wouldn't want to hit one though.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:17 pm
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

before a whitetail deer committed suicide by throwing itself in front of my car...

Finally happened Saturday night, we were right on the edge of town (literally, a 1/4 mile before the houses start) just at dark and I had let my guard down... My wife pointed at one on the left and I failed to see the five on the right, one of which jumped into the road just as I was turning my head to check that side. I was doing around 45mph. The damage: Big dent on the top of the hood near the front on the pass side, broken headlight, pass side front fender dented up enough that the front door won't open all the way, dent and trim torn off of the pass side front door. We have full coverage, but it's a '03 Hyundai Accent with 170,000mi. The insurance guy is supposed to call us back today, I'm wondering if it's totalled, we still owe about 2 grand on it.

PITA.
Had the same thing happen to me years back... Late at night, driving along a road through a woodland with deer. Out one pops into my headlights... wallop! From the opposite direction a Landrover stopped and the hapless deer was transported away, leaving me with damage to the car. Insurance refused to pay because my policy didn't cover free roaming deer and so forth. So I thought... Rollocks... They WILL pay! ...

A day later I van stopped sharp at a pedestrian crossing to allow an old lady to cross over it. I was behind the van. By accident, you understand, my foot slid off the brake pedal. Wham - straight into the back of the van! ... The insurance covered my claim! ...

---
Old Jan 15th 2008, 1:19 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by britex01
Had the same thing happen to me years back... Late at night, driving along a road through a woodland with deer. Out one pops into my headlights... wallop! From the opposite direction a Landrover stopped and the hapless deer was transported away, leaving me with damage to the car. Insurance refused to pay because my policy didn't cover free roaming deer and so forth. So I thought... Rollocks... They WILL pay! ...

A day later I van stopped sharp at a pedestrian crossing to allow an old lady to cross over it. I was behind the van. By accident, you understand, my foot slid off the brake pedal. Wham - straight into the back of the van! ... The insurance covered my claim! ...

---
How can your policy not cover deer?
Old Jan 15th 2008, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Act of terrorism.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Act of terrorism.
Yup Muslim bears are not covered...
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:22 pm
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said, it was years back (early 1980's). What Fully Comp covered then was less than today.

---
Old Jan 15th 2008, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
J-Yeezus.... '03 with 170k miles?.
Agreed, an average of 93 miles a day if it were 5 years old, the steering wheel must be very shiny....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.