Roadkill Guilt

Old Apr 24th 2019, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roadkill Guilt

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
If the shrimp wasn't run over by a car, it is of no interest in this thread.
I think this proves my point about Boiler; he hasn't posted anything in this thread yet, but my mention of his name almost immediately triggered a post from him ... some Bot was looking for threads with his name in them and that triggered a response ... the plot thickens ....
Old Apr 24th 2019, 7:31 pm
Gamers Rise Up

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
I think this proves my point about Boiler; he hasn't posted anything in this thread yet, but my mention of his name almost immediately triggered a post from him ... some Bot was looking for threads with his name in them and that triggered a response ... the plot thickens ....
That's a ridiculously good point now you come to mention it.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
My Neighbour hit an Elk, car was written off and when she came back the Elk had gone...

A lot of trucks around here.
See above
Old Apr 25th 2019, 12:14 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
On food well do not watch if you like Shrimp:
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJVrCnjL4a8
I have no problem with that video - apart from the fact that it fails to mention that seafood from any source is a major cause of food poisoning. As with pork, the reason for dietary laws banning seafood is because, in a hot climate, the chance of dying from food poisoning was just too high..... better to make them treif or haram.

It underlines my comments on other food too..... if it's cheap, it's cheap for a reason - and any use of antibiotics or other drugs and hormones should be declared by law.

At Ardnacrusha, on the Shannon, the dam blocks the migration route for Salmon. So there are "steps" to allow them past, but there were also tanks to allow Salmon to be bred from the roe and milt of those who didn't make it. When I visited as a kid, one tank held cross-bred Salmon/Trout which I was told would never be released. At feeding time a bucket of chopped liver was scooped out and cast on the surface..... and the result was akin to those Piranha shockers - the water boiled!! I "know" that Salmon Trout is just a misnomer, but whenever I see it on sale in the supermarket, I think back to Ardnacrusha.........
Old Apr 25th 2019, 2:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
I have no problem with that video - apart from the fact that it fails to mention that seafood from any source is a major cause of food poisoning. As with pork, the reason for dietary laws banning seafood is because, in a hot climate, the chance of dying from food poisoning was just too high..... better to make them treif or haram.

It underlines my comments on other food too..... if it's cheap, it's cheap for a reason - and any use of antibiotics or other drugs and hormones should be declared by law.

At Ardnacrusha, on the Shannon, the dam blocks the migration route for Salmon. So there are "steps" to allow them past, but there were also tanks to allow Salmon to be bred from the roe and milt of those who didn't make it. When I visited as a kid, one tank held cross-bred Salmon/Trout which I was told would never be released. At feeding time a bucket of chopped liver was scooped out and cast on the surface..... and the result was akin to those Piranha shockers - the water boiled!! I "know" that Salmon Trout is just a misnomer, but whenever I see it on sale in the supermarket, I think back to Ardnacrusha.........
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-H7Dmu8fuMnhv8

And Atlantic salmon smolts exposed to benzodiazepines—medications, such as Valium and Xanax, that are frequently used to treat anxiety—migrate nearly twice as quickly as their unmedicated counterparts. Recklessly so, for the juvenile fish are likely to arrive at the sea in an underdeveloped state and before seasonal conditions are favorable. The smolts do not usually exhibit such gusto: In fact, they are frequently observed traveling tail-first, as if reluctant. It would seem, then, that they have a cognitive and perhaps emotional switch that, when flipped, prompts them to strike out for sea. This complicates the common understanding of migration, which holds that animals are puppetted by seasonal cues and physical readiness (here, the adaptation of scales and gills to briny water). Pharmaceutical pollution reveals that a psychobiological release may also be required—to set off, the smolts must first surmount their own feelings of stress.
Old Apr 25th 2019, 10:54 am
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
…. I'd be quite fascinated to learn what goes on inside Boiler's head …..
I am fairly sure that's a really bad idea!
Old Apr 25th 2019, 11:07 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Well this has meandered far away from the original point of the thread...

As to Boiler (or should we just starting calling him HAL 9000 at this point?).... he's just as bad over on VisaJourney too
Old Apr 25th 2019, 1:53 pm
Gamers Rise Up

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
Well this has meandered far away from the original point of the thread...

As to Boiler (or should we just starting calling him HAL 9000 at this point?).... he's just as bad over on VisaJourney too
I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave.

Anyway, I wish I could find the mouse that's been shitting on my desk and turn it into roadkill. I'm starting to think it was the ungrateful bastard that I set free the other week.