Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Right Wing Conspiracy Nuts

Right Wing Conspiracy Nuts

Old Jan 17th 2021, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Right Wing Conspiracy Nuts

QAnon - Wikipedia

I worry about these guys. The same environement that produced Timothy Mcveigh and the nuts who invaded The Capitroil. Lots of them with lots of weaponry !

Old Jan 18th 2021, 4:01 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Right Wing Conspiracy Nuts

What's not to love about a cabal of satan worshipping pedophiles at the top of the US Government?

The US has a long history of home grown terrorism, some of which you already mentioned. It's nothing new. I generally trust the FBI and NSA to find and arrest the true threats.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

cheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond repute

That lot? Yeah very troubling.

i can’t get my head around how anyone could buy into that crap. Literally this whole thing started on 4chan by some troll pretending he is some men in black, top secret squirrel, insider.

everything the troll has predicted hasn’t happened. Hillary was supposed to have been slapped in cuffs and thrown in jail years ago according to the ‘Q drops’.

Then we have trump at the centre of it all, masterminding some 4D chess against the shadowy ‘they’. Yep ok then....

I think the guys who invented the Internet must be horrified. The idea of being able to access information at almost anytime anywhere, is being hijacked and replaced with misinformation and lies that some very gullible people are accepting as truth.

sorry bit of a rant but I think I’m losing faith in humanity.
Old Jan 18th 2021, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheradenine View Post

i can’t get my head around how anyone could buy into that crap. Literally this whole thing started on 4chan by some troll pretending he is some men in black, top secret squirrel, insider.

everything the troll has predicted hasn’t happened. Hillary was supposed to have been slapped in cuffs and thrown in jail years ago according to the ‘Q drops’.

Then we have trump at the centre of it all, masterminding some 4D chess against the shadowy ‘they’. Yep ok then....

I think the guys who invented the Internet must be horrified. The idea of being able to access information at almost anytime anywhere, is being hijacked and replaced with misinformation and lies that some very gullible people are accepting as truth.

It’s truly scary to me what people will believe. I occasionally get right wing emails about some awful happening and every time I do my best to reply with some facts for maximum embarrassment of the sender. These people have always been there but now the internet gives them a venue to demonstrate their stupidity.
Old Jan 19th 2021, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

cheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond reputecheradenine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddsrph View Post
It’s truly scary to me what people will believe. I occasionally get right wing emails about some awful happening and every time I do my best to reply with some facts for maximum embarrassment of the sender. These people have always been there but now the internet gives them a venue to demonstrate their stupidity.
I had the misfortune of having to work with a flat earther type. His problem was lack of education and whilst depressing that he would ask questions like ‘if the earth is spinning why can’t I feel it?’ That conspiracy is generally harmless.

this QAnon nonsense on the other hand is dangerous, as we have seen with pizza gate and the storming of the Capitol on the 6th.

thats not to say they are all dangerous or even bad people but damn, how do you talk sense into someone not connected to reality?

Old Jan 19th 2021, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

I had the misfortune of having to work with a flat earther type. His problem was lack of education and whilst depressing that he would ask questions like ‘if the earth is spinning why can’t I feel it?’ That conspiracy is generally harmless.

this QAnon nonsense on the other hand is dangerous, as we have seen with pizza gate and the storming of the Capitol on the 6th.

thats not to say they are all dangerous or even bad people but damn, how do you talk sense into someone not connected to reality?
You would think a picture of the earth taken from the moon would have put an end to flat earther’s. I guess the group that believes that moon trip was a government scam keeps it alive.
Old Jan 19th 2021, 12:49 am
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

I hear you.
Old Jan 19th 2021, 2:49 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!

I work in television for a left leaning organization and unfortunately this has been something that has been getting worse since ~2017 and noticeably amped up after the midterms. We've certainly had issues for a few years now.

There are very real people buying into the whole QAnon conspiracy and are extremely vocal and singularly focused (read: obsessed) and it's extremely unsettling/scary.

I won't go into details here, but my employer had to move mail screening offsite due to the sheer amount of crap being sent in by lunatics (everything from death threats to white powder to a live bullet), and despite our best efforts of being incognito when in the field - have been 'suspected fake news' and physically chased twice now.

Lest we forget that the origins of this conspiracy came from the same message board that tricked people into microwaving their iPhones (setting their kitchens on fire), boosting the PR for the flat earth movement and is widely known for starting the meme trend with their de-motivational images...
Old Jan 21st 2021, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

I was on a message board for the Qanons yesterday during the inauguration.

apart from all the scary stuff on there I was really happy to see more than a few of them come to their senses. Months and even years of being told the equivalent of ‘any minute now’ I guess made them realise they had been duped.

others, sadly, have either doubled down or are in disbelief. One post that comes to mind was a guy asking ‘what happened? They had them all in one place, fenced in and surrounded by the military, why didn’t they arrest them?’.

with their idols trump and Q silent, The troll Q more so since December, the ones deep into this nonsense decided a top level general must have cut a last minute deal.

was only on that forum for about half an hour and it was so exhausting. The anger, the paranoia, the detraction from reality, all blended in with god and Jesus etc.

i just really hope their movement is broken now and disappears for good.
Old Jan 21st 2021, 8:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Who? Al Gore?
Old Jan 21st 2021, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Put them in the Psych Ward ?
Old Jan 21st 2021, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete View Post
Who? Al Gore?
i was thinking Tim Berners-Lee myself
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Having lived in the Islamic World for many years i am innoculated against people with strange ideas !
Old Jan 23rd 2021, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And not all of the ones with strange ideas were Muslims.
Old Jan 24th 2021, 4:22 am
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete View Post
Who? Al Gore?
Um. No. Why would you write that . I understand you prefer Republican party and Trump , which is your democratic right, but that particular idea was never the case.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.