Planespotting II

Old Sep 3rd 2020, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting II

Originally Posted by caretaker
Have you ever seen it happen upon landing? I had to look it up to make sure delayed panic was a real thing.
I don't get panic/anxiety attacks, am not averse to flying but find that cabins get real hot, real quick, upon landing, making them feel claustrophobic. I've always wondered if the climate control is turned off once the plane is back on terra firma (crud, is that an instaban language offence? Double crud, don't Americans spell that 'offense'. making 'offence' a furrin word too?). Delayed alighting in hot exterior temps combined with the bun fight that comes with a couple of hundred cranky fellow passengers also keen to get the hell out of there ranks as one of the most unpleasant social experiences I put myself through.
In short, I can understand why you might feel inclined to do something like that despite being sober and drug free but, if it were me, I think I'd be more likely to barrel down the aisle, toward the proper exit, in a demented dwarf, banshee warrior, fashion...
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 8:45 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
I can understand why you might feel inclined to do something like that despite being sober and drug free but, if it were me, I think I'd be more likely to barrel down the aisle, toward the proper exit, in a demented dwarf, banshee warrior, fashion...
Thanks for the warning!
Old Sep 3rd 2020, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Thanks for the warning!
240lb, 8 minute miler, you'd better appreciate the heads up!
Old Sep 4th 2020, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveq

Cozy IV on her way to her new home
Was the gas station name a coincidence?
Old Sep 4th 2020, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Was the gas station name a coincidence?
Too good a photo opportunity to miss, and Pilot do the best coffee on the interstate system, so we always stop there for refreshment.
Old Sep 5th 2020, 1:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Southwest announced their intention to serve Palm Springs and Miami.

They currently do fly into the Miami region via Fort Lauderdale.

Press Release Here.

They will announce starting dates and schedule at a later date.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 6:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

More 787 issues at Boeing.

"Boeing learned during fabrication of the 787 horizontal stabilizer that some components were clamped with greater force than specified, which could result in improper gap verification and shimming. Boeing identified the problem in February and announced it on Tuesday."

Article here.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 12:15 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Boeing identified the problem in February and announced it on Tuesday.
That's quite some lag time there. One wonders how many 787 flights with affected aircraft occurred in the intervening months. Less due to COVID of course, but not none.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 5:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was quite amusing ...
https://www.newsweek.com/allegiant-a...r-face-1530117

Allegiant Air Removes Man For 'Disrupting' Flight After He Allegedly Asked Flight Attendant To Wear Face Mask

"The airline later explained that "the flight attendant giving the safety briefing lowered their mask for speaking into the PA so the briefing could be understood," "

So first of all - who the hell listens to the safety briefing anyway (apparently someone actually complained they could not hear!) ... and second of all ... every flight I've ever been on, the people standing and giving the safety demo are not the ones talking; someone way up front, or perhaps in the back, away from passengers, is typically the one talking into the PA system. Was the guy who complained sitting at the front of first class perhaps? Weird!

Anyway, good for the guy complaining! Talking is a higher-risk activity than just standing there as more 'stuff' comes out of your mouth ...

Old Sep 9th 2020, 5:34 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

... every flight I've ever been on, the people standing and giving the safety demo are not the ones talking; someone way up front, or perhaps in the back, away from passengers, is typically the one talking into the PA system. ....
I don't fly often, and mostly on American, but I have had the impression that for several years I have been listening to a recorded message, to which the cabin crew, without their hats, mime their "safety dance".
Old Sep 9th 2020, 6:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I don't fly often, and mostly on American, but I have had the impression that for several years I have been listening to a recorded message, to which the cabin crew, without their hats, mime their "safety dance".
Depends on airline and aircraft type, as far as I know still gives live briefings as in a flight attendant speaks into the PA system, Allegiant likely doesn't invest money into IFE systems so its cheaper for them to just have crew members do it live, Southwest as far as I know still does it this way as well.

I usually fly Delta, and on the A320 and 737's they use a safety video over the IFE if working, on Delta connection flights they do it live at least on the flights I have been on.

The 2 AA flights I have taken semi-recent both on 737's and in 2019, one was recorded, and one flight they did it live.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Depends on airline and aircraft type, as far as I know still gives live briefings as in a flight attendant speaks into the PA system, Allegiant likely doesn't invest money into IFE systems so its cheaper for them to just have crew members do it live, Southwest as far as I know still does it this way as well.

I usually fly Delta, and on the A320 and 737's they use a safety video over the IFE if working, on Delta connection flights they do it live at least on the flights I have been on.

The 2 AA flights I have taken semi-recent both on 737's and in 2019, one was recorded, and one flight they did it live.
But even when it's done 'live', it's usually done over the PA system, right? Someone at the front is speaking into the mic; it's not the individual 'demo' people who are actually speaking. But I do hear that Allegient is the ultimate discount airline (by US standards), so maybe that has something to do with it.
Old Sep 9th 2020, 6:43 pm
Account Closed

But even when it's done 'live', it's usually done over the PA system, right? Someone at the front is speaking into the mic; it's not the individual 'demo' people who are actually speaking. But I do hear that Allegient is the ultimate discount airline (by US standards), so maybe that has something to do with it.
Yes over the PA, usually the fight attendant in the forward galley and the PA is usually near their jump seat on the wall, phone looking device usually.

Old Sep 10th 2020, 4:59 am
Account Closed

I remember when this video was brand new, it was only used on our Airbus aircraft as the 737's didn't have IFE system.

The aircraft in the start N652AW is still flying with American Airlines, the aircraft was delivered new to America West in 1999, then when America West merged with US Airways, who in turn merged with American Airlines.

Call sign was cactus, which went on with US Airways after the merger, but was dropped with the merger with American. Hubs in Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Columbus, OH, although the Ohio hub was closed down around 2002 or 2003. Phoenix still exists as a hub for American. Head office was actually a few miles away in Tempe, Arizona. Building now is used by ADP the payroll company, I believe.

Came out around 1999/2000 with the new advertising campaign that was released around the same time, employees were used in the video.

One of the training videos we had to sit through at least once a year...

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Sep 10th 2020 at 5:09 am.
Old Sep 10th 2020, 11:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The B-52's are back at Fairford, or at least they were in August - for "in theatre" training flights.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 11th 2020 at 12:01 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.