Wikiposts

Pet Peeves?

Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:17 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by gradboy
Since politics predates science and engineering I'd have to dispute that...
Ah, but since scence is the study of and engineering is the application of the study of, the laws, processes and mechanisms that have been keeping the Universe in check since the Big Bang (13.8 billion years ago - kind of predates whatever the Greeks and Romans were inventing in order to **** each other over ...) you might save yourself some time by just saying "Yes, mate, how silly of me"

Quod erat demonstrandum ...
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

gradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Ah, but since scence is the study of and engineering is the application of the study of, the laws, processes and mechanisms that have been keeping the Universe in check since the Big Bang (13.8 billion years ago - kind of predates whatever the Greeks and Romans were inventing in order to **** each other over ...) you might save yourself some time by just saying "Yes, mate, how silly of me"

Quod erat demonstrandum ...
What -- just because the sciences study old processes, the sciences themselves are older?

And I would never say 'mate', since I'm not English.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:21 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

What -- just because the sciences study old processes, the sciences themselves are older?

Not older - better
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

gradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud ofgradboy has much to be proud of

Not older - better
They might be better than politics (though I have my doubts -- look at all the technological stagnation these days).

If you like the higher humanities, you should read some Aristotle-- he ranks politics as the highest human activity I do believe.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:26 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

you should read some Aristotle-- he ranks politics as the highest human activity I do believe.
Pity they are all a bunch of self-serving scumbags.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:32 am
I have a comma problem

They might be better than politics (though I have my doubts -- look at all the technological stagnation these days).
I'm not exactly coming from an objective angle, you understand.

If you like the higher humanities, you should read some Aristotle-- he ranks politics as the highest human activity I do believe.
I think back in his day, it was more philosophy than what it is now, though. It's all about self-interest and sucking corporate cock these days. Hardly what he had envisioned, I would imagine.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I think back in his day, it was more philosophy than what it is now, though. It's all about self-interest and sucking corporate cock these days. Hardly what he had envisioned, I would imagine.
They made Socrates drink hemlock.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:34 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Was it ice cold with lemon?
Forum Regular

sanfranjones has a spectacular aura aboutsanfranjones has a spectacular aura aboutsanfranjones has a spectacular aura about

I'd trust a scientist, but a politician....mmmm
I have a comma problem

Still didn't stop him playing in two World Cups though. What a trooper ...
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

You nutters
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:45 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

No-one's perfect.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:52 am
I have a comma problem

You nutters
This is what happens to my brain after a previously well-crammed-with-work busy day suddenly becomes one where I got rather quickly caught up.

It's rather like changing from 4th gear to 3rd instead of 5th, at 60mph
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:57 am

This is what happens to my brain after a previously well-crammed-with-work busy day suddenly becomes one where I got rather quickly caught up.

Remember when 4th gear and 60mph were all we had.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Gears? Hmm, I remember them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.