parsnips

Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

bettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond repute
Default parsnips

are parsnips called something else here? i just went to 2 different shops and they didnt have any and when i asked in case i was missing them they looked at me like i was mental. I really want to make a roast this weekend and have got to have some roast parsnips!
Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:33 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: parsnips

Originally Posted by bettyboop80
are parsnips called something else here? i just went to 2 different shops and they didnt have any and when i asked in case i was missing them they looked at me like i was mental. I really want to make a roast this weekend and have got to have some roast parsnips!

Called Parsnips in the US too
Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:37 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

They are parsnips. Some of the more upmarket ( e.g. nice part of town) Kroger's have them here in Memphis.

The one to look out for is Swede = Rutabaga
Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

bettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
They are parsnips. Some of the more upmarket ( e.g. nice part of town) Kroger's have them here in Memphis.

The one to look out for is Swede = Rutabaga
oh, they already caught me on the swede one! Kroger is where i was looking, maybe i need to try publix or something like that. it may just be the way i was saying it then, i need to get one of my co-workers to teach me how to say it 'american' like they did with water lol
Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:46 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Our local publix all have parsnips. they're a clear plastic bag, with blue ends (the bags not the parsnips)
Old Oct 6th 2006, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

lots in wholefoods today
Old Oct 6th 2006, 8:59 pm
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

i just went to 2 different shops and they didnt have any and when i asked in case i was missing them they looked at me like i was mental.
Probably more like a 'you eat vegetables'...? Foreign language here it seems...
Old Oct 6th 2006, 9:03 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

My local grocery stores (Harris Teeter & Kroger) sell parsnips and they are labelled as parsnips. They're even sold year round.

For the future, if you're that keen on parsnips, you might want to grow them.

NC Penguin
Old Oct 6th 2006, 9:03 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Our supermarket has them under "exotic vegetables"

The accompanying blurb says to boil them
Old Oct 6th 2006, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Elvira
Our supermarket has them under "exotic vegetables"

The accompanying blurb says to boil them
exotic, lmao thats really funny.

NC penguin...i cant grow them, my back garden is full of a pool.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

exotic, lmao thats really funny.

NC penguin...i cant grow them, my back garden is full of a pool.
hey betty, on your quest for parsnips you didn't see any baking apples did you? we love bbq pork chops but it's a hard job to find baking apples around here to make the apple sauce
Old Oct 7th 2006, 2:26 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

They're not very common over here, but you can find them if you look. An old BE poster called Sibsie even has a pic of her friendswith one in her photopost as her mates in Illinois had never seen one so she photographed them with a parsnip she brought from England.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 2:41 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

What's the problem, do you feed them to cows or pigs, They're not fit for human consumption.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 3:31 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
What's the problem, do you feed them to cows or pigs, They're not fit for human consumption.
Personally, I hate the things, but my US Mrs loves them ever since I roasted some with xmas dinner one year. But they are vile, yes.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 3:38 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
My local grocery stores (Harris Teeter & Kroger) sell parsnips and they are labelled as parsnips. They're even sold year round.

For the future, if you're that keen on parsnips, you might want to grow them.

NC Penguin
For future roasts you may also like to raise your own pig, lamb, cow and chicken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.