Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Not peeved. Absolutely enraged.

Not peeved. Absolutely enraged.

Old Dec 4th 2016, 5:00 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not peeved. Absolutely enraged.

Originally Posted by Rete
Birth Control should be given to any woman who wants it for a full year on one simple prescription form. Every woman should have a gyn visit annually. Cancer strikes without regard to age. My daughter's BF died at 32 of ovarian cancer. It is unfortunate that the testing for a woman is so invasive.
Agreed. **** ovarian cancer, it took my mum, too.

You mean you HOPE SO. You can lose the ability to have an erection with the need to take medicine for certain heart conditions which can occur at any age.
My post was, of course, rather tongue in cheek. Of course, I'm married, so I have no need for erections anymore anyway ...
Old Dec 5th 2016, 3:20 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Birth Control should be given to any woman who wants it for a full year on one simple prescription form. Every woman should have a gyn visit annually. Cancer strikes without regard to age. My daughter's BF died at 32 of ovarian cancer. It is unfortunate that the testing for a woman is so invasive.

You mean you HOPE SO. You can lose the ability to have an erection with the need to take medicine for certain heart conditions which can occur at any age.
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Agreed. **** ovarian cancer, it took my mum, too.

My post was, of course, rather tongue in cheek. Of course, I'm married, so I have no need for erections anymore anyway ...

And my point was not to complain about the invasive procedure or even the expense. But rather to push back against this idea that women are being unreasonable or frivolous for wanting insurance to cover the cost of their silly little birth control pills.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 3:28 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
And my point was not to complain about the invasive procedure or even the expense. But rather to push back against this idea that women are being unreasonable or frivolous for wanting insurance to cover the cost of their silly little birth control pills.
I didn't mean to distract from that, of course and I agree with you 100% that it's not unreasonable to expect birth control to be covered by insurance.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 3:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Subject to co pay?
Old Dec 5th 2016, 3:50 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Subject to co pay?
Depends on the plan?
Old Dec 5th 2016, 3:50 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Boiler
Subject to co pay?
Most coverage is though, isn't it? It shouldn't be any different to any other medication coverage. I can get a month's supply of generic medication for $3.00. My wife doesn't use the pill but I have to guess it costs more than $3.00/month.

Personally I don't care if it's made 100% free, anyway.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 4:02 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the plan?
absolutely not. Then you get stupid morons like Hobbylobby restricting what is offered on the plan.

It should be offered free of charge and whatever you and your doctor decide is the best option for you. Not dependant on who your employer is, not dependant on your ability to pay anything at all.

These feckwits are trying to limit contraception advice, contraception choices and then make it more difficult and expensive to stop a pregnancy that could have been prevented in the first place. I don't see many men dying as a result of all this stupidity.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 4:06 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
absolutely not. Then you get stupid morons like Hobbylobby restricting what is offered on the plan.

It should be offered free of charge and whatever you and your doctor decide is the best option for you. Not dependant on who your employer is, not dependant on your ability to pay anything at all.

These feckwits are trying to limit contraception advice, contraception choices and then make it more difficult and expensive to stop a pregnancy that could have been prevented in the first place. I don't see many men dying as a result of all this stupidity.
I think Boiler was asking if birth control was subject to co-pay. I was letting him know that it's far from universal.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 4:12 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

I think Boiler was asking if birth control was subject to co-pay. I was letting him know that it's far from universal.
sorry....
jumping on high horse a bit too quickly!
Old Dec 5th 2016, 4:42 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a clue, Leslie, what the cost of birth control costs these days. The pill wasn't covered under insurance back in the days when I did take it (1970's). I then went to non-pill methods and luckily only had partners after that who had been snipped so no need for anything on my part.

I know back then you got the pill from Planned Parenthood for free but assume those days are over.

I agree with you there is nothing unreasonable or frivolous for wanting insurance to cover (even with a co-pay) the cost of birth control. But since the use of BC is a personal decision, unlike meds that are required for a health condition, I can also understand why a woman would be asked to absorb the entire cost.
Old Dec 5th 2016, 5:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

What can go wrong?

This helps explain the crazy situation:

How free coupons for patients help drugmakers hike prices by 1,000% - LA Times
Old Dec 5th 2016, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously the abortion aspect is optional and payments can be more controlled but miscarriage knows no class or income level... I read somewhere that a 'paupers' (state paid for)' cremation costs about $700... who is picking up that tab when a woman miscarries and can't afford to pay out for a burial or creamation. Many catholics and pretty much all muslims do not believe in cremation, a burial costs more than creamation, would they get to demand a burial on religious grounds?
Old Dec 5th 2016, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Will people be able to take out life insurance at conception and make a claim if they miscarry? Will they be issuing death certificates?
Old Dec 5th 2016, 5:58 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by mrken30
Will people be able to take out life insurance at conception and make a claim if they miscarry? Will they be issuing death certificates?
Did you mean that to come across as tasteless as it sounded?
Old Dec 5th 2016, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Did you mean that to come across as tasteless as it sounded?
I wasn't trying to be tasteless, just trying to show the ridiculousness of this legislation.

I think I pay about 20c a month for my kid's life insurance, so in practical terms it could be a possibility. I think you can only get a death certificate , if you have a birth certificate.

What this thread has done is prompt me to give money to planned parenthood. I didn't realize there were so many options though. Do I give to the local one or , have them split the donation nationally?

Last edited by mrken30; Dec 5th 2016 at 6:07 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.