Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Not peeved. Absolutely enraged.

Not peeved. Absolutely enraged.

Old Nov 30th 2016, 6:47 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not peeved. Absolutely enraged.

Originally Posted by tom169
Hey, it's a solution.
No offence, mate, but it's not a solution, it's a cop-out.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 6:49 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

If it is something you feel so strongly about move out of Texas / don't move to Texas.

It isn't federal.
Helpful.

That's not always an option. Should she divorce her husband if he doesn't want to move or change careers? Should I move away from my elderly father in the remaining years of his life? What if the states with the most liberal reproductive laws don't have a job for me? Should I live in poverty?

Besides, they're doing this type of thing in many more states than just Texas.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It is a solution. Granted, like most solutions there are pros and cons.

As for stating it is a cop-out... So what is a non cop-out solution? Writing a letter of complaint to the lawmakers?

Or are you hinting that people should protest this? Maybe riot?

Originally Posted by Leslie
Helpful.

That's not always an option. Should she divorce her husband if he doesn't want to move or change careers? Should I move away from my elderly father in the remaining years of his life? What if the states with the most liberal reproductive laws don't have a job for me? Should I live in poverty?

Besides, they're doing this type of thing in many more states than just Texas.
It's a solution. Most solutions have pros and cons. It's up to the individual to weigh up their personal circumstances.

If I was a Texan and my family ties are strong, a good job and overall a good life, I'd likely take the hit on laws that I may happen to disagree with.

There are some laws in NC that I disagree with, but hey, my love is here.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe someone should setup a gofundme to pay for transportation out of the State or for the cremation costs.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:02 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Not only that, but it's also rolling over and letting your voice go unheard.

Petitefrancaise (and any woman for that matter) has every right to live wherever she wants without being treated like a second class citizen.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:12 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It is a solution. Granted, like most solutions there are pros and cons.

As for stating it is a cop-out... So what is a non cop-out solution? Writing a letter of complaint to the lawmakers?

Or are you hinting that people should protest this? Maybe riot?
I think, perhaps (and to put it crudely), lawmakers might want to keep their noses out of places their dicks haven't been.

A non-cop-out solution? It's not up to the affected to provide solutions to problems that wouldn't be there if it weren't for right wing nutjobs. An actual solution is letting this be the hospital's decision and stop introducing stealth legislation to further this kind of backwards thinking, irrelevant pseudo-religious agenda.

How about they let women live their lives and make decisions regarding their bodies themselves. Also, they can stop pretending this is about being pro-life. These people don't give two shits about the baby or the mother after it is born. They are pro-birth, anti-choice and anti-freedom.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

If it is something you feel so strongly about move out of Texas / don't move to Texas.

It isn't federal.
Hey, it's a solution.
It is but it's a sh*t one. Best to keep solutions like that to yourself.

Originally Posted by livinginnyc
Not only that, but it's also rolling over and letting your voice go unheard.

Petitefrancaise (and any woman for that matter) has every right to live wherever she wants without being treated like a second class citizen.
Exactly.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

The sad thing is that this kind of nonsense has a lot more chance of passing Supreme Court muster under President Trump if and when a challenge to it gets that far. I see two other states have passed similar laws, including Pence signing such legislation in Indiana.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Nov 30th 2016 at 7:32 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:39 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't federal.
Wow. You've got your daughter's back haven't you.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:45 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
The sad thing is that this kind of nonsense has a lot more chance of passing Supreme Court muster under President Trump
I pray that Trump only has the opportunity to fill Justice Scalia's seat .
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:54 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
my kids are very, very politicised as a result of all this stuff. Not just my daughters but my son too. They raise issues at school/college that others just don't even have an awareness of.

Texas is going to have more angry feminists to deal with. Not just girls either. Several of my male friends on FB have already said they are going to march on the Capitol on the 19th December.

This is the only hope for the future -- that young women stand up for the right to control their own bodies and that young men are raised to understand that they must support that right. It just sickens me that these ridiculous old men are enacting laws that attempt to control women. What the heck year is this, will it never end??????
Old Nov 30th 2016, 8:16 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

I went away, had a coffee and tried to calm down about Tom169's comments.
Anyway here goes and this is me calmed down.

Dear Tom, or should I write dear white, middle class male? I'm guessing that you have NEVER had to think about your rights being removed? Never had to worry that if you don't keep an eye out then some legislators will quietly make laws that undermine you and your right to control your body? This is white male privilege and it is about time you realised just how privileged you are.

You could use it for good of course, this white male privilege that this society has bestowed upon you and get up and fight for others.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 8:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I went away, had a coffee and tried to calm down about Tom169's comments.
Anyway here goes and this is me calmed down.

Dear Tom, or should I write dear white, middle class male? I'm guessing that you have NEVER had to think about your rights being removed? Never had to worry that if you don't keep an eye out then some legislators will quietly make laws that undermine you and your right to control your body? This is white male privilege and it is about time you realised just how privileged you are.

You could use it for good of course, this white male privilege that this society has bestowed upon you and get up and fight for others.
You need to make allowances for him...he's a guy and with a few exceptions...we all know what guys think with and it's not their brain.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 8:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It is put in with all the other "blood products and human tissue" from a hospital and disposed of. In Texas, from what I've read, this means yellow hazardous waste bags and a landfill. They're not forcing amputees to pay for a cremation and burial.

JG sorry to hear this. I also had a miscarriage, it is far more common than people think.
I had one also but at home. Had to take the tissue matter to the doctor's office for disposal and this was 46 years ago. Thankfully, I was only 2 months along and was not recognizable.

I taught my daughters and they will teach theirs that their body belongs to them. It is their right to say what can and cannot be done to it. They were raised to be strong and independent. They, like me, believe in the right to choose.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I just threw some other ideas into the ring.

It's good to have some different opinions.

I'll unsubscribe and leave you people to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.