British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Not peeved. Absolutely enraged. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/not-peeved-absolutely-enraged-888311/)

petitefrancaise Nov 30th 2016 2:58 pm

Not peeved. Absolutely enraged.

Texas lawmakers have passed a bill requiring the cremation or burial of all fetal remains , no matter what age of gestation, no matter abortion or miscarriage.
https://www.texastribune.org/2016/11...ent=1480378377

This bit, really got to me.
"health officials clarified that the requirement does not apply to miscarriages or abortions that occur at home. "

How many women will choose this option now? How many MORE women will die in Texas now? Let's just all make a legal abortion that bit more difficult shall we? A bit more expensive if you please.

Maybe we should all take used sanitary products to the Capitol and dump them on their shiny floor to be "disposed" of properly.

rant is not over. WTF am I doing bringing my daughters to Texas?

Pulaski Nov 30th 2016 3:08 pm

Re: Not peeved. Absolutely enraged.

I know what your angle is, but there are laws on the disposal of all human tissue, you can't just send an amputated leg or excisioned kidney to the landfill.

Leslie Nov 30th 2016 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12118057)
I know what your angle is, but there are laws on the disposal of all human tissue, you can't just send an amputated leg or excisioned kidney to the landfill.

Really? Shall I send you my used tampons to "dispose of" for me? They're full of human tissue.

petitefrancaise Nov 30th 2016 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12118057)

Pulaski, they all go to "sanitary" waste. In Texas they probably just bag it in yellow hazard bags and stick it in a landfill. Just as they will carry on doing with legs/arms/blood products.

This isn't an exercise in "sanitation" it is reinforcing the bible bashing chauvinistic b**t*ds idea that it is a "baby". In Texas they don't have embryos in utero they have unborn babies. As my daughter and all her classmates were told in their "sex ed" classes.

petitefrancaise Nov 30th 2016 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 12118063)
Really? Shall I send you my used tampons to "dispose of" for me? They're full of human tissue.

There is a march on our Texas Capitol being organised. I think we really should do that.

Just to be clear, this is all about taking away CHOICE. A woman is be able to decide herself what to do with the remains of either a miscarriage or an abortion.

Leslie Nov 30th 2016 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise (Post 12118072)
Pulaski, they all go to "sanitary" waste. In Texas they probably just bag it in yellow hazard bags and stick it in a landfill. Just as they will carry on doing with legs/arms/blood products.

This isn't an exercise in "sanitation" it is reinforcing the bible bashing chauvinistic b**t*ds idea that it is a "baby". In Texas they don't have embryos in utero they have unborn babies. As my daughter and all her classmates were told in their "sex ed" classes.

As per usual, Pulaski is talking out his ass about a topic of which he knows nothing.

Having worked in the medical field for the better part of my adult life, I can guarantee to anybody who might believe Pulaski's false statement, there are many many many instances where legally disposing of human tissue does NOT involve burial or cremation, ffs.

mrken30 Nov 30th 2016 3:34 pm

So what happens if you have a miscarriage when sitting on the toilet, do you have to contact the water company and call the police to search for some blood?

I bet they are all in favor of state executions of living people.

petitefrancaise Nov 30th 2016 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12118080)
So what happens if you have a miscarriage when sitting on the toilet, do you have to contact the water company and call the police to search for some blood?

"This bit, really got to me.
"health officials clarified that the requirement does not apply to miscarriages or abortions that occur at home. "

Actually, I think it more likely that they will require proof of virginity at marriage. Since they already get the GIRLS to sign a "worth the wait" pledge.

Leslie Nov 30th 2016 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12118080)

What is your angle here? Pulaski probably already knows.

Anian Nov 30th 2016 3:49 pm

You can't be a US citizen until you are born. Which means that these are not US citizens being carried in the womb, so they should deport these undocumented aliens (and they do look a lot like classic aliens) have them them apply when they can by screened.

Leslie Nov 30th 2016 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise (Post 12118074)
There is a march on our Texas Capitol being organised. I think we really should do that.

Just to be clear, this is all about taking away CHOICE. A woman is be able to decide herself what to do with the remains of either a miscarriage or an abortion.

This is why young women (all young people for that matter) must get politically involved. The dismantling of the right to choose in Texas is being done by prudish old men and their religious nutter wives.

neill Nov 30th 2016 4:07 pm

I'd move to a more progressive state...as lovely as the climate is down here, i'd be a bit worried about bringing up kids in the public system around these parts, let alone sex ed.

petitefrancaise Nov 30th 2016 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 12118103)
This is why young women (all young people for that matter) must get politically involved. The dismantling of the right to choose in Texas is being done by prudish old men and their religious nutter wives.

:goodpost:

True that.

They are pissed off that they failed to get all the Clinics closed last year. This is the latest tactic. I think Texas is used as a testing state to see how far the Roe v Wade law can be reversed in the Supreme Court. Whatever gets done in Texas will be rolled out in other states. It is in all our interests for this to get knocked back.

France? A fairly religious catholic country where you can go to the Pharmacy and get the abortion pill without a prescription. I'm not talking about the morning after pill either.

petitefrancaise Nov 30th 2016 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by neill (Post 12118110)
I'd move to a more progressive state...as lovely as the climate is down here, i'd be a bit worried about bringing up kids in the public system around these parts, let alone sex ed.

my kids are very, very politicised as a result of all this stuff. Not just my daughters but my son too. They raise issues at school/college that others just don't even have an awareness of.

Texas is going to have more angry feminists to deal with. Not just girls either. Several of my male friends on FB have already said they are going to march on the Capitol on the 19th December.

Jerseygirl Nov 30th 2016 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise (Post 12118074)

IMO it should be the woman's choice. I am against any man dictating to a woman what she should do with her body.

I had a miscarriage many years ago. Looking back I would have liked to have had it cremated. It was a very traumatic time. I wasn't given the choice...in fact unless the baby is still born I didn't think there was a choice.