British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Not peeved. Absolutely enraged. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/not-peeved-absolutely-enraged-888311/)

RoadWarriorFromLP Nov 30th 2016 10:53 am

Re: Not peeved. Absolutely enraged.

Now you know why American conservatives are so adamant about reducing the size of government: It has to be small enough to slip under locked doors and fit inside of a vagina.

yellowroom Nov 30th 2016 11:22 pm

What I find so enraging about this is the anti-factual, anti-science, anti-medical aspect of it. Do the lawmakers think that human eggs are fully formed babies, just very very very small? And that the sperm triggers them to grow bigger during pregnancy? That can be the only reason under which this could make any sense whatsoever.

I've said this before - human reproduction is wasteful, messy and painful, and cannot be divided into good and bad moral options. Making the tissue from gynecological procedures somehow "holy" and requiring special treatment by law is well on the slippery slope to personhood laws.

Having said that, I would wish for more sensitivity for people grieving after miscarriages and better options to be made available for those who want them. Sorry to anyone who has been affected.

Redwing Dec 1st 2016 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12118115)
IMO it should be the woman's choice. I am against any man dictating to a woman what she should do with her body.

As a man I could not agree more.

Nutek Dec 1st 2016 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Redwing (Post 12118817)
As a man I could not agree more.

Same here.

mrken30 Dec 1st 2016 4:39 am

Originally Posted by yellowroom (Post 12118786)
What I find so enraging about this is the anti-factual, anti-science, anti-medical aspect of it. Do the lawmakers think that human eggs are fully formed babies, just very very very small? And that the sperm triggers them to grow bigger during pregnancy? That can be the only reason under which this could make any sense whatsoever.

I've said this before - human reproduction is wasteful, messy and painful, and cannot be divided into good and bad moral options. Making the tissue from gynecological procedures somehow "holy" and requiring special treatment by law is well on the slippery slope to personhood laws.

Having said that, I would wish for more sensitivity for people grieving after miscarriages and better options to be made available for those who want them. Sorry to anyone who has been affected.

This just goes to show how bad the education system is in the US. the fools think protectionism will give them more jobs, how about starting at grass roots and teaching in established science.

dc koop Dec 1st 2016 6:51 am

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise (Post 12118046)
Texas lawmakers have passed a bill requiring the cremation or burial of all fetal remains , no matter what age of gestation, no matter abortion or miscarriage.
https://www.texastribune.org/2016/11...ent=1480378377

This bit, really got to me.
"health officials clarified that the requirement does not apply to miscarriages or abortions that occur at home. "

How many women will choose this option now? How many MORE women will die in Texas now? Let's just all make a legal abortion that bit more difficult shall we? A bit more expensive if you please.

Maybe we should all take used sanitary products to the Capitol and dump them on their shiny floor to be "disposed" of properly.

rant is not over. WTF am I doing bringing my daughters to Texas?

Post deleted

petitefrancaise Dec 1st 2016 7:15 am

Originally Posted by dc koop (Post 12119189)
Post deleted

How irritating to get notification of a post, take the time to think about a response and write one only to find the post was deleted!

Just to be clear though, the new rules apply to all miscarriages and all abortions except for those that occur in your home.

mrken30 Dec 1st 2016 9:18 am

Even the Pope has changed his attitude on abortion

Olly_ Dec 1st 2016 10:24 am

Another abortion clinic under attack, this time in Ohio: Ohio Pulls License of One of State's Last Few Abortion Clinics - ABC News

:(

steveq Dec 1st 2016 10:30 am

What would be the difference between "cremation" and "incineration" - I was under the impression that clinical waste in the UK at least is incinerated.

petitefrancaise Dec 1st 2016 10:37 am

Originally Posted by steveq (Post 12119380)
What would be the difference between "cremation" and "incineration" - I was under the impression that clinical waste in the UK at least is incinerated.

Yes, it probably is incinerated in the UK. All the stuff loaded in and burned together.

In Texas, it appears that the most common method of disposing of clinical waste is to bag it in hazardous waste bags and dump it in a landfill.

Cremation involves using a place licensed as suitable for human cremation with all the filters etc on the exhaust smoke and I assume the ability to recover the ashes afterwards.

petitefrancaise Dec 1st 2016 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Olly_ (Post 12119374)
Another abortion clinic under attack, this time in Ohio: Ohio Pulls License of One of State's Last Few Abortion Clinics - ABC News

:(

Texas grabs the headlines but the whole of the USA is pretty much the same.

If one of my daughters needed an abortion, I'd fly them to see my ob/gyn in France. Even having to pay full whack there would probably be less than the co-pays, co-insurance etc here. And no judgement either.

steveq Dec 1st 2016 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise (Post 12119385)
If one of my daughters needed an abortion, I'd fly them to see my ob/gyn in France. Even having to pay full whack there would probably be less than the co-pays, co-insurance etc here. And no judgement either.

Just buy mifepristone(RU486) online.

Ebonhawke Dec 1st 2016 3:07 pm

Continuing to pile on increasing costs for women's health, if/when the ACA is appealed

Why sex is 'about to get a lot less fun' - CNN.com

petitefrancaise Dec 1st 2016 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by steveq (Post 12119494)
Just buy mifepristone(RU486) online.

yeah, this is what you can buy from the pharmacie in France without a prescription. What can I say? Lightyears ahead.