Newbie here

Old May 3rd 2009, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

jannycrest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbie here

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I just wish Americans wouldn't mess up simple English grammar all the time.
I do not know about the others. But my friends and I always talk in "British grammars" properly. Ofcourse, our teacher helps us. Were doing a play of Shakespeare 3 weeks from now. And it requires speaking in British accent. Its exciting!
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jannycrest
What is the main food in England besides potato?
oh cooooome on.
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
alright, you've had your fun.

now fuck off.
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Erm........pretty much the same as in the US. And who the hell told you that potatoes are the main food in England?!?
Internet. I didn't mean to be rude or anything though. Its just a question. I am sorry for those who got offended. I was just curious.
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:11 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I do not know about the others. But my friends and I always talk in "British grammars" properly. Ofcourse, our teacher helps us. Were doing a play of Shakespeare 3 weeks from now. And it requires speaking in British accent. Its exciting!
Well I thought my grammer was the worst on here, but I bloody well hope for your sake your verbal english is better then your written, cause Shakespeare may never be the same again.

How the heck can you be learning Shakespeare when you can't even speak english correctly!!
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I am only 16 years old.
I think this forum would be a little more suitable for you http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93.
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Manc
you're taking the piss.
Taking the piss? I am sorry sir/ma'am but I do not know what you're talking about. If my questions bother all of you, I am very very sorry. I think my curiosity went off the limit. I think I had enough of the day.

Thank you for answering my question. And again, I AM VERY SORRY IF MY "FOOD" QUESTION DID OFFEND SOME OF YOU. ALTHOUGH I DO NOT SEE WHY THAT QUESTION WAS HURTFUL, I AM STILL ASKING FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS.
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Well I thought my grammer was the worst on here, but I bloody well hope for your sake your verbal english is better then your written, cause Shakespeare may never be the same again.

How the heck can you be learning Shakespeare when you can't even speak english correctly!!
Oh be nice to the poor young puppy
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Taking the piss? I am sorry sir/ma'am but I do not know what you're talking about. If my questions bother all of you, I am very very sorry. I think my curiosity went off the limit. I think I had enough of the day.

Thank you for answering my question. And again, I AM VERY SORRY IF MY "FOOD" QUESTION DID OFFEND SOME OF YOU. ALTHOUGH I DO NOT SEE WHY THAT QUESTION WAS HURTFUL, I AM STILL ASKING FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS.
Your food question didn't offend anybody - I was just confused as you said you've been to the UK before so presumably you ate some food whilst here!?!
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Poppy girl

I do not have a perfect english grammar. I admit that. But Shakespeare is taught in our english schools here in the US, and its mandatory.
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your food question didn't offend anybody - I was just confused as you said you've been to the UK before so presumably you ate some food whilst here?
Them Spud U Like places didn't last long did they
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I do not have a perfect english grammar. I admit that. But Shakespeare is taught in our english schools here in the US, and its mandatory.
Hon we dont talk Shakespear any more either back home.
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:19 pm
Account Closed

Your food question didn't offend anybody - I was just confused as you said you've been to the UK before so presumably you ate some food whilst here?
I see. It was just a vacation trip. A mere 10 days stay in England. I was 13 years old at that, I didn't know much. We ate mash potatoes a lot though, and sandwiches. But thats pretty much it. That is why I asked. I still believe I offended some users in the thread, that is why I asked for forgiveness.
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britvic
Hon we dont talk Shakespear any more either back home.
I know sir/ma'am. But you see Shakespeare is a part of English Literature. And we have to learn about it whether we like it or not.

It is for our english class.
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:22 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Your teacher fails to use the tense shift after the verb wish. It's similar to the shift that occurs in conditionals -- a place where many Americans also come totally unstuck.

I am a troll. I wish I weren't
He was nasty. I wish he hadn't been.
She doesn't understand. I wish she did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.