Old Jan 10th 2019, 2:37 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Karma

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Frankly, I think it is cowardly to send someone a sarky/nasty karma message. If I have something like that to say to someone, I say it on the forums for all to see.
We've noticed.....
Old Jan 10th 2019, 2:44 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Every so often I get scolded by the site for not spreading it around as much, which always sounded kind of rude
Old Jan 10th 2019, 2:58 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I've once in a while received a one word karma message, LOL. Very unsettling. Does the person really mean "LOL, and I mean that sincerely!" or, "LOL, and I say that dripping with sarcasm."
Old Jan 10th 2019, 3:08 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Every so often I get scolded by the site for not spreading it around as much, which always sounded kind of rude
I'm glad you've said that, because I've always thought that but didn't want to be the one to say it in case it was just me.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 3:14 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I'm glad you've said that, because I've always thought that but didn't want to be the one to say it in case it was just me.
I wonder if I should now just start sending random smileys to random posts so there's now a whole bunch of people I've never interacted with on the forum wondering who the hell I am and why their post required the 'scarper' smiley as karma.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I wonder if I should now just start sending random smileys to random posts so there's now a whole bunch of people I've never interacted with on the forum wondering who the hell I am and why their post required the 'scarper' smiley as karma.

I have the same problem. I'm bad about karma so I've never "spread" enough.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 3:19 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I have the same problem. I'm bad about karma so I've never "spread" enough.
I always forget about it, or never really know what to say to a post if I do want to send it. I kind of end up just praising the post in a reply instead.

Whoever manages to get Nutek to post again gets all my karma for the next year though.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 8:48 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Expatrick
I thought "Karma" was about sending nice thoughts (or similar)? I don't usually see my profile as I only use the mobile version but I did look just now and saw that a couple of weeks ago I received karma that, while not actually nasty, was not nice either!
Then can you ,or anyone else on the receiving end , report that to me or a mod please. It matters not if the karma message is full on unpleasant or obliquely unpleasant. Any such reports remain confidential.

It may be that you personally may shrug off such a message however the BE community is made up from all manner of folk and some may feel negatively impacted by such secretly sent little nasties .

I realise some may see reporting such things as somehow weak or snitching in some way , however look on it as a bit of BE community public service. It may well help someone being secretly made to feel bullied or undermined in some way .

On BE we do not have positive and negative 'reputation'. It is deliberately set to positive only. That is what it is meant for . Good karma. Not bad karma in any way, shape , size or form. Period.

The Site Rules apply to the content of karma messages just the same as they apply to private messages or public posts and threads & it is actually quite important for the community as a whole that those standards remain in place for everyone .
Old Jan 10th 2019, 9:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Then can you ,or anyone else on the receiving end , report that to me or a mod please. It matters not if the karma message is full on unpleasant or obliquely unpleasant. Any such reports remain confidential.

It may be that you personally may shrug off such a message however the BE community is made up from all manner of folk and some may feel negatively impacted by such secretly sent little nasties .

I realise some may see reporting such things as somehow weak or snitching in some way , however look on it as a bit of BE community public service. It may well help someone being secretly made to feel bullied or undermined in some way .

On BE we do not have positive and negative 'reputation'. It is deliberately set to positive only. That is what it is meant for . Good karma. Not bad karma in any way, shape , size or form. Period.

The Site Rules apply to the content of karma messages just the same as they apply to private messages or public posts and threads & it is actually quite important for the community as a whole that those standards remain in place for everyone .
​​​​​​​I got a slightly snarky Karma this afternoon, which left me feeling a bit miffed. Should I report it?

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 10th 2019 at 9:27 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 9:31 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I got a slightly snarky Karma this afternoon, which left me feeling a bit miffed. Should I report it?
Wasn't me. I still refuse to spread it around like I'm some kind of sailor going from port to port. Mfers gonna earn my karma, yo.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 9:42 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Pulaski
​​​​​​​I got a slightly snarky Karma this afternoon, which left me feeling a bit miffed. Should I report it?
Pulaski.

If you have recd an unpleasant unwarranted karma comment then please PM me as per the directive by myself and the mods.
The mod team will discuss the whys and wherefores and get back to you.

OK. My own post was meant as a BE Admin reset reference the rules surrounding karma , as it seems that a few folk have been on the receiving end of secret unwanted messages. That is not what it is for .

As what is acceptable use of the karma message system & the action to take if it is felt it is being misused has been made clear , I am closing this thread . That prevents any further ambiguities in this.

Thanks

People, you are free to start another random fun thread re karma if you so wish.