Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

It's all kicking off in Charlottesville, VA.

It's all kicking off in Charlottesville, VA.

Old Aug 22nd 2017, 5:23 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's all kicking off in Charlottesville, VA.

Lucky old Arizona. The man's there today for yet another one of his rallys
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

fakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Where is this happening? Specifically? Which areas of the US have been turned into "violent, anarchic, ungovernable chaos" ?

This is the same thing that Trump claimed to be happening during the election. This was the tactic he by claiming that black people lived in hellholes, the streets of sanctuary cities were running with the blood of white girls killed by Mexicans and Muslims were killing us all every day.

I have yet to see any proof of his allegations and I doubt you'll be able to show me any proof either. And, please, don't say "Chicago". One city, with a devastating gang problem, does not a failed country make.
Charlottesville or Berkeley specifically in the past few months- and last year several towns where BLM had rallies - particularly Houston (?) where 5 officers were shot dead by a BLM protestor.
You can argue the semantics of whether large areas are as I described them, but what you can't deny is that elements of the radical left - particularly antifa - are successfully shutting down speakers & public events they don't agree with, by the use of force & the threat of violence. If you support fascism & mob rule (as I guess you do) then this is fine.
But I think you will find that most grown-ups don't.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 5:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Norlan Estrada-Reyes, driver in hit-and-run death of promising lawyer, sentenced to twelve years in prison

Denver Mayor Michael Hancock and council members reach immigration policy agreement — but hold back details – The Denver Post
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

fakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond repute

Where is this happening? Specifically? Which areas of the US have been turned into "violent, anarchic, ungovernable chaos" ?

This is the same thing that Trump claimed to be happening during the election. This was the tactic he by claiming that black people lived in hellholes, the streets of sanctuary cities were running with the blood of white girls killed by Mexicans and Muslims were killing us all every day.

I have yet to see any proof of his allegations and I doubt you'll be able to show me any proof either. And, please, don't say "Chicago". One city, with a devastating gang problem, does not a failed country make.
You seem to have misunderstood my point & instead seized on an opportunity to jump into an enjoyable bout of Trump bashing feet first.
But ironically enough, leaving aside his colourful language, a) many black people do live in hell holes (this is part of BLM's argument) & b) there are many parts of the US where violent crime is unacceptably high -imho. Though they have improved a lot in the 20 years I've been here.
C) I am not a Trump supporter at all - maybe you should have read my post, that was quite obvious and d) I don't think any of this is evidence that the US is a 'failed country' - quite the opposite actually. Imho the Trump episode shows that in fact US democracy is pretty strong, the country is much more resilient than one demagogue and e) the left (for want of s better word) should be less hysterical and instead focus on winning elections.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 22nd 2017, 7:26 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fakey
Charlottesville or Berkeley specifically in the past few months- and last year several towns where BLM had rallies - particularly Houston (?) where 5 officers were shot dead by a BLM protestor.
You can argue the semantics of whether large areas are as I described them, but what you can't deny is that elements of the radical left - particularly antifa - are successfully shutting down speakers & public events they don't agree with, by the use of force & the threat of violence. If you support fascism & mob rule (as I guess you do) then this is fine.
But I think you will find that most grown-ups don't.
Thank you for confirming that you are as badly informed as you first appeared.

I really can't take you seriously enough to engage in a debate given the fact that you think Houston is a city of "violent, anarchic, ungovernable chaos". Just for the record though:

The 5 police officers were not killed in Houston. It happened in Dallas and the shooter was no a BLM protester. But THANKS for your passion and interest in the topic. You care so much that you didn't even know which city that these horrors (hellhole!) took place.

I don't really care if you support Trump or not. You are believing the propaganda.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for confirming that you are as badly informed as you first appeared.

I really can't take you seriously enough to engage in a debate given the fact that you think Houston is a city of "violent, anarchic, ungovernable chaos". Just for the record though:

The 5 police officers were not killed in Houston. It happened in Dallas and the shooter was no a BLM protester. But THANKS for your passion and interest in the topic. You care so much that you didn't even know which city that these horrors (hellhole!) took place.

I don't really care if you support Trump or not. You are believing the propaganda.
As usual, you are arguing with yourself, about something that's not even relevant.

This isn't about propaganda. If political protests get so violent that 5 police are shot dead - that is an example of extreme public disorder.
If antifa or others are so violent and destructive that opposing viewpoints are silenced or that people are killed at their actions (as happened in Charlottesville) then this significantly undermines the electabity of the democrat party. It 's not that complicated. But in your (fairly typically simpleminded) desire to shoehorn an attack on trump into every single conversation you have failed to understand the broader significance. You can yell and scream about impeachment and argue for the sake of it all day long but a) Trump isn't getting impeached any time soon and b) regardless of which city it happened in, shooting 5 cops dead dead doesn't help BLM / antifa or the vegan anti confederate statues league - it hurts them. This is not complicated, but many people on the left seem unable to understand it. And currently 'the left' or democrats have pretty much zero national political influence. You think that's going to change any time soon ? I don't.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 8:08 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

As usual, you are arguing with yourself, about something that's not even relevant.

This isn't about propaganda. If political protests get so violent that 5 police are shot dead - that is an example of extreme public disorder.

If antifa or others are so violent and destructive that opposing viewpoints are silenced or that people are killed at their actions (as happened in Charlottesville) then this significantly undermines the electabity of the democrat party. It 's not that complicated. But in your (fairly typically simpleminded) desire to shoehorn an attack on trump into every single conversation you have failed to understand the broader significance. You can yell and scream about impeachment and argue for the sake of it all day long but a) Trump isn't getting impeached any time soon and b) regardless of which city it happened in, shooting 5 cops dead dead doesn't help BLM / antifa or the vegan anti confederate statues league - it hurts them. This is not complicated, but many people on the left seem unable to understand it. And currently 'the left' or democrats have pretty much zero national political influence. You think that's going to change any time soon ? I don't.

Nevermind. I really can't engage with somebody so stupid that they have somehow convinced themselves that 'the left' is to blame for the Nazi murder of an innocent woman in Charlottesville.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Nevermind. I really can't engage with somebody so stupid that they have somehow convinced themselves that 'the left' is to blame for the Nazi murder of an innocent woman in Charlottesville.
+1
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Ha - yes, sure - of course.
Don't kid yourself that you are intelligent enough to argue with me.
Though, you have several times tried to pick a row over a seperate issue, then gone off half -cocked about something I 'm not even talking about, it's getting boring.
So listen and if you have the mental capacity, maybe you'll learn something.
But somehow, I doubt it.
It's not about 'who's to blame'. It's about who wins elections.
The republicans are seen as the party of law and order. The democrats are seen as the party whose fringe supports shooting cops, blocking airport access and using force to shut down open public debate. This is not an election winning strategy. It is possible to win the battle but lose the war and that is what is happening now. Is that simple enough for you to understand ?
Whether it is or not, unless you have something relevant to contribute, please don't reply. Thank you.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 9:53 pm
WTF?

Though, you have several times tried to pick a row over a seperate issue, then gone off half -cocked about something I 'm not even talking about, it's getting boring.
But somehow, I doubt it.
The republicans are seen as the party of law and order. The democrats are seen as the party whose fringe supports shooting cops, blocking airport access and using force to shut down open public debate. This is not an election winning strategy. It is possible to win the battle but lose the war and that is what is happening now. Is that simple enough for you to understand ?
Whether it is or not, unless you have something relevant to contribute, please don't reply. Thank you.
You're welcome!
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 10:53 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

But somehow, I doubt it.
It's "separate" by the way, not "seperate".

You're welcome.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 10:55 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
+1
+2
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 12:02 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, all y'all who keep saying freedom of speech should be restricted...
And that you can't shout Fire! in a crowded theatre...

Well, you're wrong. Schenck vs United States (1917) was overturned by Brandenburg vs United States in 1969.
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Hey, all y'all who keep saying freedom of speech should be restricted...
And that you can't shout Fire! in a crowded theatre...

Well, you're wrong. Schenck vs United States (1917) was overturned by Brandenburg vs United States in 1969.
Is someone saying that freedom of speech should be restricted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.