Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

It's all kicking off in Charlottesville, VA.

Wikiposts

It's all kicking off in Charlottesville, VA.

Old Sep 5th 2017, 6:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's all kicking off in Charlottesville, VA.

I have never talked about my service in the CCF.

Many of the German Forces in Normandy were not German, probably the majority initially.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 7:06 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
I happen to be a bit sensitive when it comes to Vietnam vets. My brother was one. When he landed back in the land of the free a crowd greeted him and his group yelling baby killers and someone threw a bottle filled with piss at them.

I know it all.. what they went through there and afterwards back home.
Sure, but that has nothing to do at all with what I was talking about. And neither I nor my father were criticizing them.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 7:22 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Sure, but that has nothing to do at all with what I was talking about. And neither I nor my father were criticizing them.
Maybe though it's not a good idea that your father should watch programs about war if they upset him so much.

My father-in-law never watched any movies connected with WW2. The nearest he came once was a movie called "The best years of our lives"

My own father was not a combat soldier and never left Britain. He was a dispatch rider with the Royal Signals. He spoke often of the hardships of riding a motorcycle in the dead of winter, snow, ice, freezing cold and having to see his way in the dark with one of those dim shielded headlamps all vehicles had to be fitted with.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 8:05 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh FFS.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 8:08 am
Account Closed

Maybe though it's not a good idea that your father should watch programs about war if they upset him so much.

My father-in-law never watched any movies connected with WW2. The nearest he came once was a movie called "The best years of our lives"

My own father was not a combat soldier and never left Britain. He was a dispatch rider with the Royal Signals. He spoke often of the hardships of riding a motorcycle in the dead of winter, snow, ice, freezing cold and having to see his way in the dark with one of those dim shielded headlamps all vehicles had to be fitted with.
My Father learned to train in an Anson and I remember persuading him to buy me the Airfix kit on that basis.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 8:27 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

He's dead, so he doesn't watch many programs on anything these days.

Other than that, I think you have missed the point of that post of mine entirely. And it wasn't a huge point to start off with, so we can probably let it go really.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 8:29 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
My Father learned to train in an Anson and I remember persuading him to buy me the Airfix kit on that basis.
Well I got a model of an Indian motorcycle like my dad used to ride
Old Sep 5th 2017, 11:18 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

It might just be me, but I see a pattern of advice from one particular poster, often to people he has never met, but it always involves some slight subtle undercutting of them, nothing I can really put my finger on. If it is just me I'd like to know, as I don't want to think badly of people without a least a hint of a reason.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 11:21 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
It might just be me, but I see a pattern of advice from one particular poster, often to people he has never met, but it always involves some slight subtle undercutting of them, nothing I can really put my finger on. If it is just me I'd like to know, as I don't want to think badly of people without a least a hint of a reason.
Yup. He's an asshole.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 11:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Leslie
Yup. He's an asshole.
an ASSHOLE ? Whoa ! I think this calls for a ban Mods unless personal name calling and insults are not against forum rules.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 11:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by kimilseung
You need to cut back on the sanctimoniousness. On several occasions you've chosen to misinterpret remarks I've made in my posts. The problem here lies with you. Not with me.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 11:59 am
WTF?

an ASSHOLE ? Whoa ! I think this calls for a ban Mods unless personal name calling and insults are not against forum rules.
Aaawww, did I bruise your vagina? I thought you were a tough guy. You eat nails for breakfast! The original badass, amirite?

Besides, nobody mentioned any names, diddums.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 12:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
He's dead, so he doesn't watch many programs on anything these days.

Other than that, I think you have missed the point of that post of mine entirely. And it wasn't a huge point to start off with, so we can probably let it go really.

Quite happy to and no disrespect towards your father was intended in any way.

Too bad though the foot and mouth brigade decided to shove their oar into it
Old Sep 5th 2017, 12:04 pm
WTF?

You need to cut back on the sanctimoniousness. On several occasions you've chosen to misinterpret remarks I've made in my posts. The problem here lies with you. Not with me.
Calling somebody sanctimonious can be interpreted as personal name calling and insulting.

#helpful
Old Sep 5th 2017, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

Mods are Gods.

Please play nicely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.