Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Icelandic volcanic ash alert grounds UK flights

Icelandic volcanic ash alert grounds UK flights

Old Apr 16th 2010, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Icelandic volcanic ash alert grounds UK flights

I'm not that much of a happy bunny either - I'm supposed to fly out on the 20th and have a job interview on the 23rd. I just emailed to ask if they minded terribly if we postponed it by a week as I wasn't sure if I was even going to make it to the US in time .

I hope they're understanding enough not to throw a spanner in the works...
Old Apr 16th 2010, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

I had one Monday. Luckily, the guy seemed relatively relaxed.

I keep hearing nothing will move until Tuesday now at the earliest. Thats assuming nothing else happens with the volcano.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 12:21 am
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

we are flying to england on the 30th - i hope it keeps on blowing - ive been having nightmares about the flight for the last 3 weeks - HATE flying!! I will be happy if they cancel my flight and I can go on holiday somewhere else
Old Apr 17th 2010, 1:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dottypotty
Help!!!! We are due to fly out to Manchester next week I did see on the British news that some insurance companies still haven't made a decision on whether to pay out in these circumstances.
I read yesterday that the airlines may revoke the 'act of god' clause so they don't have to refund or exchange tickets.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 1:23 am
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Supposed to be leaving on Sunday morning.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 1:40 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

This is really crazy, and kind of amazing.

Originally Posted by mellybrown
we are flying to england on the 30th - i hope it keeps on blowing - ive been having nightmares about the flight for the last 3 weeks - HATE flying!! I will be happy if they cancel my flight and I can go on holiday somewhere else
oh you do that too?!
At least a month before any flight I start having horrific nightmares
Old Apr 17th 2010, 1:43 am
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus

oh you do that too?!
At least a month before any flight I start having horrific nightmares
Oh yes, Ive not had a decent slep in weeks, i go to bed and start thinking the worst and end up laying there on the verge of a panic attack - which is completely stupid i know!!! I found an online fear of flying course that I did last week and it did make me feel a bit better, but I would be much happier not to have to go at all!!!!
Old Apr 17th 2010, 1:52 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

I found an online fear of flying course that I did last week and it did make me feel a bit better
how does that work then?
Old Apr 17th 2010, 1:54 am
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
how does that work then?
You sit at the machine and guzzle a "bucket o margarita" and your fear disappears.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 1:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Just realized my husband is going to Prague on Tuesday. Or not.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 1:59 am
lush

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
You sit at the machine and guzzle a "bucket o margarita" and your fear disappears.
OH!!!
sign me up for 10 of those courses!!!!

actually I think I may have acciddentally done one the other night
Old Apr 17th 2010, 2:17 am
Resident Sillycow

it was just a website that a pilot had made, with a whole load of videos and a lot of information about the rigorous testing of the planes, the training of the staff and what all the funky noises on the plane mean.....I learned that its not very likely the wings are going to fall off so I feel a little better about that!!
Old Apr 17th 2010, 2:25 am
lush

it was just a website that a pilot had made, with a whole load of videos and a lot of information about the rigorous testing of the planes, the training of the staff and what all the funky noises on the plane mean.....I learned that its not very likely the wings are going to fall off so I feel a little better about that!!
oh that's cool...I might do some googling...thanks
Old Apr 17th 2010, 3:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

My in-laws are visiting us right now. They are due to leave next Sat. the 24th...or not. I hope their flights aren't too terribly disrupted.

Good luck to all those stranded! Hope it will clear up soon!
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

Far Eastern carriers have cancelled filghts to Europe until further notice.

Meanwhile, here in the UK, the disruptions continues. I have been waiting since Thursday, and I heard a little rumour last night that there may be no transatlantic traffic for a week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.