Reload this Page >

Homesick for Britain!

Homesick for Britain!

Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:32 pm
Banned

baileyalison is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Homesick for Britain!

Originally Posted by tomelina
The UK truly is in bad shape, it appears those sponging chavs have stolen all the full stops, commas and virtually every type of punctuation.
why have you left then if its so good
Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:39 pm
Deb+Chris

Originally Posted by baileyalison
Baileyalison, you're obviously madder than mad about the Uk for whatever reason. You have all the trappings most people want. We came back from NZ broke.. we lost more than 50% of our money and we didn't start out with much.. but do you know what? it doesn't really matter, because we are happy here... we are now renting for the first time in 15 years but we don't give a shit because we have each other and we get up in the morning and look forward to another day.

In NZ we were trying to make the days pass quicker.. we were that depressed. It wasn't really about missing home, it was about hating what we had to put up with there.

I sincerely hope, after your ramblings you love it there, but somehow I have the feeling you will be just as frustrated.

I was going to ask you to meet up with us as you're just up the road but I can't see how it would work.

Good luck, and chill out a bit.
Deb

Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:47 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:56 pm
Banned

good night back in the morning
Old Apr 8th 2005, 11:24 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

its getting worse every week think what it will be like in the next 15 years
worse every day that you are still there.
Someone please show them the way out...so they can find their 'paradise'.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Now in West London, but one day soon in Vancouver.....!
julius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond repute

ok, ok; lets get a breath of fresh air into this forum for awhile! just been looking at a few of the posts on this thread and all i see is name-calling. come on guys--there's got to be a better way to let off steam! i know how frustrating it gets when you are away from home and everything seems to be robbing you off any sanity you possess! we went through unspeakable anguish when we were in canada, but, you know what? it hasnt done us a ha'porth of good coming back here to the uk!! we are just as peed off now as before we left here! take this silly example--went for a walk early in the morning here, and got mouthed at by a car load of yobbos driving past! i mean, what a way to start a morning off!! that really caused me to think what the heck have i done by coming back to this place and what did i have in mind? ok, so it doesnt happen all the time, but you are always on the lookout for behaviour like this in the uk now, whereas in the good old days (and i am talking about the REAL good old days, back in the mid-60s!!), things like this seldom happened, give or take the odd beating up of someone by local mods, rockers or skinheads. its behaviour like this that really winds me up! i suppose nowhere is really pristine, though, is it?
Old Apr 9th 2005, 12:27 pm
Merlot

good night back in the morning
Geez go away for a week and this is what has happened.

First and foremost baileyalison I think you have joined the wrong forum, as it seems you are not "Moving back to the UK".

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion but you epitomise the rudeness from the Brits that has developed over here in Blighty, the every man/woman for himself syndrome. I am appalled to be British sometimes because of narrow-minded fellow country people.

If you are like this now in your Mother country, heaven help you as an immigrant in another. I can’t imagine what value you will bring to your new country of residence with your attitude.

I also take it you will be forfeiting your British passports on exiting the UK???? This would be interesting to know.

I wish you well but heaven help you.

Merlot

Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:28 pm
ImHere

Why exactly are you here on this forum baileyalison? You seem full of anger.

Well if he/she is lucky then if they emigrate they'll come to realise the UK isnt the shite hole they currently believe it is. If not then they will turn into bitter twisted people wherever they are.

I guess you're only just starting the emigration process so keep us updated baileyalison, be interesting to see what happens, both to you and the country, since you'll be there a while I would imagine.

Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:27 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ImHere
Why exactly are you here on this forum baileyalison? You seem full of anger.

Well if he/she is lucky then if they emigrate they'll come to realise the UK isnt the shite hole they currently believe it is. If not then they will turn into bitter twisted people wherever they are.

I guess you're only just starting the emigration process so keep us updated baileyalison, be interesting to see what happens, both to you and the country, since you'll be there a while I would imagine.
how do you manage to type with your straight jacket on
Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:36 pm
ImHere

how do you manage to type with your straight jacket on
Erm.....sorry?

Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:40 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by ImHere
Erm.....sorry?
Don't worry yourself ImHere, you are talking sense.

Alison & Steve from Colne, Lancs hoping to move to Canada, maybe NZ started off as nice posters a few weeks ago and have slipped into rude and getting slightly offensive, maybe the Mods need to review these threads and others.

Merlot

Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:45 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Merlot
Don't worry yourself ImHere, you are talking sense.

Alison & Steve from Colne, Lancs hoping to move to Canada, maybe NZ started off as nice posters a few weeks ago and have slipped into rude and getting slightly offensive, maybe the Mods need to review these threads and others.

Merlot
another do gooder what happened to free speech i cant for one minute see why you dont get the big picture
Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:49 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

another do gooder what happened to free speech i cant for one minute see why you dont get the big picture

i think it is you that doesn't get the big picture...
Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by candy wy.
i think it is you that doesn't get the big picture...
why do you say that
Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:57 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

If you want free speech, go start you're own board.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.