Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Homesick for Britain!

Homesick for Britain!

Old Apr 9th 2005, 7:20 pm
Merlot

Default Education in Britain?????

The joys of babysitting on a Saturday is the fun of reading the Forum when the little one has gone off to peeps, the live banter is wonderful.

I have just realised that we have a teacher in our midst so we must take care with spellings, I believe that a certain Mrs is a Teacher, be it a geography teacher and I wonder if the language used by the B****y family is also taught to the British kids????? Stand by Barnoldswick!!

Now the geography taught it seems that Nova Scotia is in NZ as well as Australia as this is the place a certain family are about to desend on.

I feel a TROLL coming on and I think they have successfully hooked a number of posters on a number of boards!

Search NZ, Canada & Australia Forums for confirmation.

Old Apr 9th 2005, 7:52 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesick for Britain!

God this thread is beginning to sound pathetic (well, actually, it's pretty funny if I'm honest, but I don't like seeing all our reasonable regulars getting so wound up).

Come on you lot, can't you spot a troll when you see one? Ignore the idiot, rise above it, let's get this thread back on track and just ignore barmyalison as if she isn't there. (No that wasn't a spelling mistake)

Well I for one am definitely homesick for Britain - every time I watch a British movie, or listen to a decent British TV show or radio show like Any Questions I'm reminded of some of the reasons it's such a great country to live in. No it's not perfect, but then nowhere is.

I'd be back there tomorrow if it were as easy to do as it is to say.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 7:59 pm
Banned

baileyalison is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Education in Britain?????

Originally Posted by Merlot
The joys of babysitting on a Saturday is the fun of reading the Forum when the little one has gone off to peeps, the live banter is wonderful.

I have just realised that we have a teacher in our midst so we must take care with spellings, I believe that a certain Mrs is a Teacher, be it a geography teacher and I wonder if the language used by the B****y family is also taught to the British kids????? Stand by Barnoldswick!!

Now the geography taught it seems that Nova Scotia is in NZ as well as Australia as this is the place a certain family are about to desend on.

I feel a TROLL coming on and I think they have successfully hooked a number of posters on a number of boards!

Search NZ, Canada & Australia Forums for confirmation.
listen you thick bitch shes an a1 teacher its me whos on here not her what do you do besides be a do gooding lunatic
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:05 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Well I for one am definitely homesick for Britain - every time I watch a British movie, or listen to a decent British TV show or radio show like Any Questions I'm reminded of some of the reasons it's such a great country to live in. No it's not perfect, but then nowhere is.

I agree with you!
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:11 pm
Merlot

God this thread is beginning to sound pathetic (well, actually, it's pretty funny if I'm honest, but I don't like seeing all our reasonable regulars getting so wound up).

Come on you lot, can't you spot a troll when you see one? Ignore the idiot, rise above it, let's get this thread back on track and just ignore barmyalison as if she isn't there. (No that wasn't a spelling mistake)

Well said, was a good troll though, for a while, caught me out fair and square. Thought I could sniff them.

Yep, Blighty ain't all that bad apart from having to pay for parking at the Lakes this week, £2.50 per hour if you like, I could not believe it.

Also, picnic areas, there use to be lots of free areas you could rock up and have a cuppa back in the 70's. We really struggled to find anywhere nice if at all. Seems they want you to drive to a pub now and spend!

M

Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:22 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baileyalison
well pay attention you numb head
your certainly making some friends around here...

call the village we've found their idiot
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:22 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Well said, was a good troll though, for a while, caught me out fair and square. Thought I could sniff them.

Yep, Blighty ain't all that bad apart from having to pay for parking at the Lakes this week, £2.50 per hour if you like, I could not believe it.

Also, picnic areas, there use to be lots of free areas you could rock up and have a cuppa back in the 70's. We really struggled to find anywhere nice if at all. Seems they want you to drive to a pub now and spend!

M
I miss the Lakes a lot (used to go camping there as a kid), and all the other wonderful places out in the country. Must say my year in Scotland made me realize it's a lot easier to get to some wide open spaces there without the legions of traffic you get in England and Wales. They have their fair share of tourist traffic, but nowhere like the traffic jams I remember even as far back as the 60's and 70's in England.

Spring has hit NC in the past week or so, the dogwoods are blooming and it's a beautiful time of the year - but you just can't get out and walk in the country like you can in the UK (unless you want to risk some farmer or hunter shooting a gun at you, of course). Some areas of the US are more suited to conuntry walking but here in eastern NC which is actually very rural, the land is all privately owned and off-limits to walkers. Not even any decent parks here in town.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:27 pm
Merlot

I miss the Lakes a lot (used to go camping there as a kid), and all the other wonderful places out in the country. Must say my year in Scotland made me realize it's a lot easier to get to some wide open spaces there without the legions of traffic you get in England and Wales. They have their fair share of tourist traffic, but nowhere like the traffic jams I remember even as far back as the 60's and 70's in England.

Spring has hit NC in the past week or so, the dogwoods are blooming and it's a beautiful time of the year - but you just can't get out and walk in the country like you can in the UK (unless you want to risk some farmer or hunter shooting a gun at you, of course). Some areas of the US are more suited to conuntry walking but here in eastern NC which is actually very rural, the land is all privately owned and off-limits to walkers. Not even any decent parks here in town.
We stayed in Grasmere for a few days, just bliss. We even got some nice sunshine to go with Wordsworth and his daffodils.

Being kids of the 70's hubby & I tried to recapture the old days out with our parents - cool boxes, packed lunches, flask of coffee, wet face cloth in plastic bag, etc. We sort of did it but times have changed.

Shame about your current location for walking, I hope Blighty never goes that way.

M

Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:30 pm
Professional Princess

Default Re: Education in Britain?????

Originally Posted by baileyalison
listen you thick bitch shes an a1 teacher its me whos on here not her what do you do besides be a do gooding lunatic

Are you 'special' by any chance?

Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:40 pm
Merlot

Default Trolling

We just have a live one Sam, by the way did you see any Trolls at the Zoo today? I understand they are slowly dying out

M

Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:47 pm
Professional Princess

Default Re: Trolling

We just have a live one Sam, by the way did you see any Trolls at the Zoo today? I understand they are slowly dying out

M

Lol

My feet are killing me after all the walking. The enclosures at London Zoo are very small though, the Leopard was pacing up and down the whole time.

I am surprised 'special person' you were arguing with wasnt banned though, slating the mods is not the best line of defence.

Especially when is Manc, he is a top bloke and when he/she/it started on you and Emma, that pissed me off somewhat.

Still, it takes all sorts to make a person disturbed.

Im going to do a story for the Aussie forum tomorrow, you are going to be in it Merlot.

I was going to do it today but Im so tired. you know when you feel like you're getting a cold?

Well I don't normally get colds, but I have the usual symptoms, Im hoping it's because Im tired.

I could murder a brandy.

Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:49 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

M
Hey!!!
I missed all the fun

Where's the troll gone?

Not often we get a real loser to play with.

G
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:52 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Lol

My feet are killing me after all the walking. The enclosures at London Zoo are very small though, the Leopard was pacing up and down the whole time.

I am surprised 'special person' you were arguing with wasnt banned though, slating the mods is not the best line of defence.

Especially when is Manc, he is a top bloke and when he/she/it started on you and Emma, that pissed me off somewhat.

Still, it takes all sorts to make a person disturbed.

Im going to do a story for the Aussie forum tomorrow, you are going to be in it Merlot.

I was going to do it today but Im so tired. you know when you feel like you're getting a cold?

Well I don't normally get colds, but I have the usual symptoms, Im hoping it's because Im tired.

I could murder a brandy.
Go get a brandy sweets, I would but I have a wee one in my charge and don't want to be drunk on duty.

Look forward to the story, I love London Zoo, not been for years.

I think the Mods have left our special Troll onto play to liven up the place, boy this Mr Trolly bounces between threads quicker than a playful Gordon!!!

He has his own special colourful language that is just so warm and fuzzy

Like dunroving said, let sleeping dogs lie.

Take care
M

Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:54 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by Grayling
Hey!!!
I missed all the fun

Where's the troll gone?

Not often we get a real loser to play with.

G
G

So happy to have you on board, me thinks he is peeps now, way past his bed time. But you never know . . . .

I have been gripped today, I haven't been on for a week then wham a real life trolly boy to play with. Mind he caught me out at first. Clever troll.

M

Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:56 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

G

So happy to have you on board, me thinks he is peeps now, way past his bed time. But you never know . . . .

I have been gripped today, I haven't been on for a week then wham a real life trolly boy to play with. Mind he caught me out at first. Clever troll.

M
Just read through it.

Sounded legit at first but probably a lonely schoolboy

I blame the parents

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.