Florida shooting

Old Mar 2nd 2018, 6:30 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida shooting

Originally Posted by mrken30
But similar tactics worked with the fur trade. Not that many people buy or wear fur anymore.
My wife and I just got gorgeous Mongolian shepherd hats made from the finest coyote pelts. Love them! I would wear fur like this every day if I could.

Quick aside; check this guy's story out. Peter Freuchen. The knife story is somewhat infamous.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 6:43 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Translation: A criminal committed a crime.
Nearly right. A criminal committed a crime with a gun.

Could even be:

A law abiding gun owner committed a crime with a gun, so is now a criminal.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Mar 2nd 2018 at 6:48 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 6:47 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, Poison Oak Villain, as I like to call him, returns to the thread.
I'm also relying on my gut - which tells me it is so. And before you scoff, people used it to determine latitude.
Ah, that's all right then. Not even any anectodal evidence, let alone proper data. Just your gut.

When did people use your gut to determine latitude? Or even their own gut, come to that? Gnomon-based astronomical measurements were used by the ancient Phoenicians; Polynesian civilizations had used the height of the sun or known stars to measure latitude possibly millennia before that. The ancient Greeks had sextants and astrolabes.

Or are you thinking about longitude? In which case you are barely less ill-informed. Dead reckoning (which is very much more than a gut feeling but still woefully and catastrophically inadequate in the absence of knowledge about tides and currents) was indeed used until Harrison's Marine Chronometer enabled the accurate measurement of longitude at sea in the 1770s. Which, coincidentally, is about as long as the US has been a country. So I refute your assertion in its entirety.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 6:49 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Ah, that's all right then. Not even any anectodal evidence, let alone proper data. Just your gut.

When did people use your gut to determine latitude? Or even their own gut, come to that? Gnomon-based astronomical measurements were used by the ancient Phoenicians; Polynesian civilizations had used the height of the sun or known stars to measure latitude possibly millennia before that. The ancient Greeks had sextants and astrolabes.

Or are you thinking about longitude? In which case you are barely less ill-informed. Dead reckoning (which is very much more than a gut feeling but still woefully and catastrophically inadequate in the absence of knowledge about tides and currents) was indeed used until Harrison's Marine Chronometer enabled the accurate measurement of longitude at sea in the 1770s. Which, coincidentally, is about as long as the US has been a country. So I refute your assertion in its entirety.
Dude, please.... I'm pretty much Captain Cook. What I don't know about sailing and navigation will fit on the head of a very small pin.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 6:51 pm
Peace onion

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Nearly right. A criminal committed a crime with a gun.

Could even be:

A law abiding gun owner committed a crime with a gun, so is now a criminal.
Go on. Keep going.

A law abiding gun owner whose inanimate object, to wit, his gun, was possessed by said object and coerced into performing this heinous act.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 6:52 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, please.... I'm pretty much Captain Cook. What I don't know about sailing and navigation will fit on the head of a very small pin.
OK, so you were just deliberately wrong, then, rather than ignorant of the facts. That's fine. Carry on.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Come and live in San Francisco then. Much more opportunity to sail than in land-locked Denver.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 6:58 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Go on. Keep going.

A law abiding gun owner whose inanimate object, to wit, his gun, was possessed by said object and coerced into performing this heinous act.
Thanks for your permission to keep posting my thoughts. You don't need to worry though, I have no intention of stopping.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Someone likes the NRA...

Old Mar 2nd 2018, 7:42 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I just got gorgeous Mongolian shepherd hats made from the finest coyote pelts. Love them! I would wear fur like this every day if I could.

http://www.strangefarmer.com/images/content/190930.jpg

Quick aside; check this guy's story out. Peter Freuchen. The knife story is somewhat infamous.
That's Dagmar in the picture with him. She's a goddess. I've a copy of her cookbook, not a first edition but a very nice copy. One of my prize possessions.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Psyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond reputePsyman has a reputation beyond repute

Already posted in another thread right now in MBTTUK forum, and posted many times on BE before I'm sure, but it might be time to watch this again, even just to have a chuckle. Many nails are hit on the head by this Aussie, in my opinion.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently there is buycotting, I can see that might appeal to somebody like REI.

Cannot remember which one it was, that announced they were not selling 'Assault Rifles', apparently they only had retail outlets in Alaska that sold any guns and it only effected a few that they did not stock but could be ordered.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 8:13 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Translation: A criminal committed a crime.
Explanation: This country is so saturated with weapons, legal and illegal, that anyone can easily and cheaply get their hands on one, background checks or not. Furthermore, the culture is such that they feel free to use them.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 8:28 pm
Peace onion

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
OK, so you were just deliberately wrong, then, rather than ignorant of the facts. That's fine. Carry on.
Well, I like to throw out little tidbits of misinformation and falsehood occasionally, just to test you and to keep you on your toes.
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 8:32 pm
Peace onion

wtsp.com | The number of Delta Air Lines passengers who bought tickets with NRA discount: 13

13 passengers bought Delta tickets using the NRA discount. Delta's virtual signalling costs it a $40 million tax break in Georgia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.