Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

England too Expensive?

Wikiposts

England too Expensive?

Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:21 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England too Expensive?

Originally Posted by cricket1
Hmmm, that's about it in a nutshell. It raises some interesting issues on the controlling side of human nature.
The morality aspect concerns dealing with the crime that they feel has been committed, despite it being in self defence etc and this is very interesting. The human nature aspect is equally interesting as it raises the issue of how each individual confronts these issues in the film. The character played by Jon Voight is the most interesting of the film in this respect.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:35 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricket1
Hmmm, that's about it in a nutshell. It raises some interesting issues on the controlling side of human nature.
Burt Reynolds plays the confident, outgoing, macho guy the undoubted leader of the group and its when his leadership is lost, that the other 3 come into their own.

Ned Beatty is the guy affected by the buggering and the shock of this makes him unable to adequately contribute to the group.

Ronny Cox the intellectual guy who is just too firm in his principals to adapt to the situation.

Jon Voight the middle of the road guy, the quiet one, the sensitive one. The one who DOES adapt and takes over the leadership of the group, he is now their leader and saviour.

Interesting that the film was actually directed by a non american in English director John Boorman a great director even though he hasn`t done anything that impressive for many a year. It usually takes an outsider to bring the best out of something such as Sergio Leone did with the american western.

Last edited by Jules Europe; Feb 15th 2009 at 10:48 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:18 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
I can`t believe that you haven`t seen Deliverance!!! Well this is a brief taster/synopsis for you:

4 normal guys leave the big city for a hunting weekend in the wilds. When they get there though, they find the place infested with hillbillys. The hillbillys seem pleasant enough at first dancing, laughing, drinking, playing the banjo and rocking in their chairs etc. Our 4 intrepid city guys then start their trip proper but for some unknown reason can`t remember the details, 2 get seperated and run into a couple of bad arse hillbillys who quickly subjugate them and then proceed to try and humiliate their captives by riding one and making him squeal like a pig, this is largely hillbilly foreplay before the buggering proper starts. Luckily though, one captive breaks free and shoots the hillbillys.........The film then largely concerns itself with our 4 intrepid adventurers running in the wilds for their lives being pursued by sickle/gun wielding hillbillys even the police are part hillbilly too. Won`t tell you the ending though, as don`t want to spoil it for you.

The film also deals with one or two other issues, such as what is morally correct and what is not in modern day society (early 1970`s America here)

I am actually getting very interested in this aspect of american culture and further reading is now a must.
Yep jewels sweetie You have renewed afew brain cells.............. I remember it now... I forget his name but wasn't Angela jolee's dad in that one???
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:23 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Burt Reynolds plays the confident, outgoing, macho guy the undoubted leader of the group and its when his leadership is lost, that the other 3 come into their own.

Ned Beatty is the guy affected by the buggering and the shock of this makes him unable to adequately contribute to the group.

Ronny Cox the intellectual guy who is just too firm in his principals to adapt to the situation.

Jon Voight the middle of the road guy, the quiet one, the sensitive one. The one who DOES adapt and takes over the leadership of the group, he is now their leader and saviour.

Interesting that the film was actually directed by a non american in English director John Boorman a great director even though he hasn`t done anything that impressive for many a year. It usually takes an outsider to bring the best out of something such as Sergio Leone did with the american western.
Oh You have already said Jon Voight, is the one i was thinking of
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:28 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by sans
Yep jewels sweetie You have renewed afew brain cells.............. I remember it now... I forget his name but wasn't Angela jolee's dad in that one???
Jon Voight that`s correct other great films to check him out in are "Coming Home" an oscar winner in that film. "Table for Five" and "Runaway Train"

Another film worth checking out on the subject is "La Presa" I believe it is known as "Southern Comfort" in English which sees the US national guard being attacked in the Louisiana sawmps by our southern gun toting friends and if memory serves me right these may have actually been French speaking Cajuns.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:55 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh You have already said Jon Voight, is the one i was thinking of
Come on Sans, keep up.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 12:03 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by englishinfl
Come on Sans, keep up.
I do try ..........But i'm a night owl really
Old Feb 16th 2009, 12:08 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

I do try ..........But i'm a night owl really
Excuses, excuses. What time's it with you anyway?
Old Feb 16th 2009, 12:30 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Excuses, excuses. What time's it with you anyway?
Er...little handles on one and the big handles on 30
Old Feb 16th 2009, 12:55 am
Banned

Er...little handles on one and the big handles on 30
You think I'm smart enough to work it out from that? You could have just said 1:15 Lunchtime there then? Forgot you were in England, my brain freeze said you were in Oz.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 1:06 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

You think I'm smart enough to work it out from that? You could have just said 1:15 Lunchtime there then? Forgot you were in England, my brain freeze said you were in Oz.
I thought you knew me better then that My brain would fry in Oz
Old Feb 16th 2009, 1:10 am
Banned

I thought you knew me better then that My brain would fry in Oz
??? Brain?
Old Feb 16th 2009, 1:12 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

??? Brain?
Yes!! It has a mind all of its own
Old Feb 16th 2009, 4:02 am
Banned

Yes!! It has a mind all of its own
Be careful with that, it could land you in trouble.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 5:25 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Be careful with that, it could land you in trouble.
It does frequently

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.