Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

England too Expensive?

England too Expensive?

Old Feb 10th 2009, 10:03 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England too Expensive?

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
When I say immigrants I mean Brits, Germans and Nordics etc which are not immigrants in the correct sense. I doubt that your average immigrant here which are the immigrants from latin america, north africa or eastern europe are going to have much affect on house prices here.

Must admit if I was going to invest in USA california would be high on my areas of choice as well. Yes it makes sense that you should rent in the UK first, especially if you don`t know it that well but be warned ENGLAND IS EXPENSIVE which is the title of the thread more or less. Which part of England would you rent in?
You guys in spain are much nicer than Americans.We consider everyone immigrants if they have to go through immigration to get in.We don't play favorites for the most part but like all things in life it does make the transition easier if the person has money and/or celebrity.

I'm still not sure where in the UK to rent yet.Friends are telling me not to waste my time with northern UK and go straight away to either London or the outskirts of Greater London. I'm leaving mid july and plan to just wing it.Start out in a hotel apartment so I can learn the lay of the land that way I'll be able to decide what feels comfortable.

I'll stay in europe for about 8-12 weeks before returning to the States.The best part is I will not take any work with me.I'm shutting down my mortgage company.As of june I'M NO LONGER A WORKING MORTGAGE BROKER!! I want to say it from the tallest mountain
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:22 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
You guys in spain are much nicer than Americans.We consider everyone immigrants if they have to go through immigration to get in.We don't play favorites for the most part but like all things in life it does make the transition easier if the person has money and/or celebrity.

I'm still not sure where in the UK to rent yet.Friends are telling me not to waste my time with northern UK and go straight away to either London or the outskirts of Greater London. I'm leaving mid july and plan to just wing it.Start out in a hotel apartment so I can learn the lay of the land that way I'll be able to decide what feels comfortable.

I'll stay in europe for about 8-12 weeks before returning to the States.The best part is I will not take any work with me.I'm shutting down my mortgage company.As of june I'M NO LONGER A WORKING MORTGAGE BROKER!! I want to say it from the tallest mountain
Can't say I blame anyone for getting out of florida for the summer, (especially Orlando) it's got to be the crappest time of the year to have to live here.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 9:35 pm
Banned

YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishinfl
Can't say I blame anyone for getting out of florida for the summer, (especially Orlando) it's got to be the crappest time of the year to have to live here.
No doubt about it.Florida summers are similar to being a snowball in the sweltering desert. California's weather offers better balance and fewer extremes. I like, like the people in florida very much but in all honesty the state of florida above Broward county is cow country.If a person enjoys mostly peace, quiet and meditation, central and north florida is idea.In california I can get my John Travolta on!!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 10:55 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Forget the north and concentrate on London and the south east if budget is not going to be a problem for you. Three months rental should be adequate to know where you want to buy and what you want to buy.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 10:56 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt about it.Florida summers are similar to being a snowball in the sweltering desert. California's weather offers better balance and fewer extremes. I like, like the people in florida very much but in all honesty the state of florida above Broward county is cow country.If a person enjoys mostly peace, quiet and meditation, central and north florida is idea.In california I can get my John Travolta on!!
Isn`t northern Florida redneck country anyway?
Old Feb 12th 2009, 3:50 pm
Banned

There are some very nice down to earth people in northern florida and I know a few good souls in the Pensacola area.But to answer your question yes,northern florida can be very hillbilly like,or similar to the movie deliverance.The only area in florida that feels like a real city is miami.Miami can feel like you are in a different country.But I do like miami.

Last edited by YankeemovingAbroad; Feb 12th 2009 at 3:54 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:10 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

There are some very nice down to earth people in northern florida and I know a few good souls in the Pensacola area.But to answer your question yes,northern florida can be very hillbilly like,or similar to the movie deliverance.The only area in florida that feels like a real city is miami.Miami can feel like you are in a different country.But I do like miami.
Jon Voight, Burt Reynolds in Deliverance great film one of the best early 70`s american pics. I would imagine Miami has more in common with say Caracas than it does with other US southern cities.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:26 pm
Banned

Jon Voight, Burt Reynolds in Deliverance great film one of the best early 70`s american pics. I would imagine Miami has more in common with say Caracas than it does with other US southern cities.
Exactly.I can hear the banjo music right now,how strange.

That is the good and the bad of Miami.Exotic and fun but can be a lot like a second or third world country.

Last edited by YankeemovingAbroad; Feb 12th 2009 at 5:37 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:15 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Not just Northern Florida.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:33 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Not just Northern Florida.
But they`re kept on a tight leash aren`t they?
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:36 pm
Banned

But they`re kept on a tight leash aren`t they?
Err... no, not really! They're pretty prevalent.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:52 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Err... no, not really! They're pretty prevalent.
So they`re allowed to roam freely. Below pics show the diversity of the Redneck/Hillbilly race. Pic 1 your typical fun loving Redneck. Pic 2 Hillbilly father (on the left) with his 18 year old son (on the right) who was conceived after repeatedly shagging his first cousin.
Attached Thumbnails England too Expensive?-redneck2.jpg   England too Expensive?-hillbilly2.jpg  
Old Feb 12th 2009, 7:38 pm
Banned

So they`re allowed to roam freely. Below pics show the diversity of the Redneck/Hillbilly race. Pic 1 your typical fun loving Redneck. Pic 2 Hillbilly father (on the left) with his 18 year old son (on the right) who was conceived after repeatedly shagging his first cousin.
IMHO There's a difference between a redneck and hillbilly.

Ask anyone in the Southern states of the US, and they'll probably tell you the same thing.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:00 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

IMHO There's a difference between a redneck and hillbilly.

Ask anyone in the Southern states of the US, and they'll probably tell you the same thing.
I am guessing that a Redneck= A white predominantly rural working class person of little refinement and a suspicion of outsiders and they are based across north america but most notably in the southern states.

I am guessing a Hillbilly= Are mountain folk leading a more primitive life and far more isolated than their redneck neighbours hence the need to cuddle with whoever is close by.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:09 pm
Banned

I am guessing that a Redneck= A white predominantly rural working class person of little refinement and a suspicion of outsiders and they are based across north america but most notably in the southern states.

I am guessing a Hillbilly= Are mountain folk leading a more primitive life and far more isolated than their redneck neighbours hence the need to cuddle with whoever is close by.
http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=750513

That might give you some ideas. I'd go along with the one in that which suggests the term redneck of being a culture/lifestyle.

I could differentiate the two, and believe me, the rednecks around here aren't suspicious of outsiders, they're in the cities and towns, and don't care who they mix with as long as there's a beer around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.