Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Education info for USA.

Wikiposts

Education info for USA.

Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

DaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really nice
Default Re: Education info for USA.

My first thought was to literally just go for the summer to get away from the UK for a month or two, so maybe i should revert back to that.

Then again, i could just go on a visa waiver and get a cash in hand job whilst i'm there (july - august)
Old Feb 7th 2008, 5:07 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaPs
My first thought was to literally just go for the summer to get away from the UK for a month or two, so maybe i should revert back to that.

Then again, i could just go on a visa waiver and get a cash in hand job whilst i'm there (july - august)
No.

You cannot work here without authorisation. If you do so, you risk the threat of being banned from entering the country ever again, or adjusting your status should you ever intend on living here. You will not get this authorisation, period. Don't even dream about working on the VWP.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

DaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really nice

Ok, if i could get in contact with some employers, maybe they would be interested in hiring me for a month or two over the summer.

I know what kind of visa i would need then etc.

That's just the hard part!

I can easy make a good 1k before i go to tide me over etc as well.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:01 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, if i could get in contact with some employers, maybe they would be interested in hiring me for a month or two over the summer.

That's just the hard part!

I can easy make a good 1k before i go to tide me over etc as well.
My son's friend was hoping to do the same. Would you mind telling me what visa this would be, and how one would go about getting it?

TIA!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

I don't need to explain to you if i know or not, this isn't a test on visa knowledge, i've said i know and that should be enough.

If you have an answer to any of my questions then that'd be good.

I was thinking maybe a hostel or something like that, alot cheaper than the apartments there.

I was thinking apartments like the ones you can goto in Spain, but i am obviously mistaken in thinking there is anything like that in cali!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:42 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I don't need to explain to you if i know or not, this isn't a test on visa knowledge, i've said i know and that should be enough.

If you have an answer to any of my questions then that'd be good.

I was thinking maybe a hostel or something like that, alot cheaper than the apartments there.

I was thinking apartments like the ones you can goto in Spain, but i am obviously mistaken in thinking there is anything like that in cali!
Excuse me, but this is not how this forum works. It is give and take.

You are expecting people here to help you, so if you know something that may help someone else, it would be churlish not to share this information.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:43 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Were I my "old self", I would be forced to flame you severely, and belittle you while making an off-the-cuff comment about your mother's questionable heritage. However, I am a changed man, so I won't do that. In my new forum role as the "really nice guy, despite my moniker", I will say only that you continue to demonstrate that you do not have any real understanding of the US visa system.

Ian
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

http://www.h1base.com/index.php?opti...nskilled)+Work

There we go.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:45 am
Homebody

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Were I my "old self", I would be forced to flame you severely, and belittle you while making an off-the-cuff comment about your mother's questionable heritage. However, I am a changed man, so I won't do that. In my new forum role as the "really nice guy, despite my moniker", I will say only that you continue to demonstrate that you do not have any real understanding of the US visa system.

Ian
Ian, Darling - time to change said moniker to "kind-hearted sanctimonious prick"........... perhaps?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:47 am
Homebody

Eh.......... perhaps not:

"No qualified Americans are willing or able to take the job"
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Well show me a better suited visa then.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

elliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud ofelliep has much to be proud of

I don't know nearly as much as everyone else here, but I'm pretty sure an H1B is definitely not what you're after!

Like I said, check out BUNAC, you can work over here for 4 months or so They either provide accommodation or help you find it. It also gives you 30 days after you finish work to travel before returning to the UK.

IF eligible, it would give you a J1 visa (you still need to show non-immigrant intentions at the interview etc -bring lots of proof of ties to your home country)

The only down-side is that the visa may have a 2 year Home Residency Requirement.

At the moment, I'd say BUNAC is your most likely option.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:55 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe it is our job to do your research for you! Besides, it is entirely possible that there simply is no suitable visa for you at this time. If that's the case, you must alter your premise to fit the visas that are available, and adjust your paradigm accordingly.

Ian
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

I wouldn't mind going out there permanently, make it more simple to what visa i would need
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:58 am
Account Closed

I wouldn't mind going out there permanently, make it more simple to what visa i would need
Ah... now you seem to be approaching this with the correct frame of mind! Good for you!

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.