Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Education info for USA.

Wikiposts

Education info for USA.

Old Feb 11th 2008, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Education info for USA.

You should be grateful you are a UK citizen. As you know there are many thousands of people who would gladly take your place. Just because you are lucky enough to have those choices in life as standard doesn't mean you should be any less grateful for them.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

DaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really nice

Of course not, but that doesn't also mean that as a grateful UK citizen, i should just be grateful for anything wrong in the country.

I am grateful we have an armed forces protecting us, yet i am not happy that the armed forces is in the places it is.

I am grateful for many things, but if there is something wrong with it, that doesn't mean i should just sit back and be grateful about it.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

I can guarantee if the Uk didnt have a welfare state you would be whining even more.

Do you realise that if you got knocked down in the street tomorrow you would be picked up my an ambulance, taken to a hospital and recieve top medical care without opening your wallet..

You go to university and again at an extremly low price. If your household income is below a certain amount you dont have to pay tuition and again your living costs are all subsidised.

I wont even get onto other things, my USC fiance could not believe it when my parents (civil servants) were explaining how they by law got 21 days paid holiday a year, sick pay, huge maternity leave etc

Obviously we do not live in a perfect society, things do need to be changed but I honestly believe if you think this country has wronged you so much you should move somewhere else and give your place to one of the thousands of people who would happily take it and be grateful at the same time.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaPs
This is the thing with the UK though.

There is a complete bias toward upper middle class and higher class families, coming from perfect backgrounds. This has lessened over the years but still remains.

Somehow people with access courses are seen as lesser people than people with a levels, which is a complete nonsense, this attitude in the 21st century should disappear.
Erm. No. I did an access course: "Access to Medicine". Im in my 6th consecutive year of full-time study. You can call me DrOzzi in June (if I pass my finals, fingers crossed).

Edit. I forgot to mention that my medical degree is free to me.

Last edited by Ozzidoc; Feb 11th 2008 at 4:46 am.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Don't you need science GCSE's to do the access to medicine course though?
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:15 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
I read something once about the US military recruiting from S America with the promise of citizenship but I don't know in reality if there is a program out there...

http://hopeandpolitics.blogspot.com/...s-citizen.html

....mentions something but there doesnt seem to be an actual program offering citizenship through this route yet...
The US military lobbied hard for the Dream Act -- it would have produced a new pool from which to recruit.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

DaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really nice

You need nothing to do access courses.

Yorkie, your opinions seriously are flawed.

You think because i disagree with some things in this country, i should suddenly move somewhere else.

A welfare state causes alot more problems than it fixes, i can tell you that now. ''Without opening my wallet'' Have you heard of taxes yorkie?

A welfare state encourages people to do nothing, it encourages people to sit on their arse all day and not work, it encourages nurses and doctors to move into private or even abroad to get better pay. A welfare state is a bad thing.

I can assure you, medical care would be better without a welfare state, we would be better off financially without a welfare state, and we would be better off financially if alot of things which are wrong right now are changed with this country.

Just because i think all of these things are wrong, does not mean i should scuttle off to some other place.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:29 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

A welfare state is an awful thing. It should be gone, written off, taking away and put in the bin. This country would be far better off without it.
Not really, it helps people get back on their feet. Sure it is abused, but it shouldn't be scrapped because of them being selfish. There isn't that safety net in the US on the whole, and it makes life a lot harder, especially those who can quickly find themselves without a job. Healthcare for a start.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:33 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

A welfare state causes alot more problems than it fixes, i can tell you that now. ''Without opening my wallet'' Have you heard of taxes yorkie?
Thing is, if you are unemployed, you wouldn't be paying taxes, thus free. Even as a tax, it's still a bargain, hell of a lot cheaper than the taxes and medical insurance paid over here with nothing to show for it.

You take for granted what you have, it's not perfect, but you'll whine more when you don't have it, that's life
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Trust me when i say bob, i would love it if this country was not a welfare state.

If you don't look at the root cause of the issues, you will never fix them.

It isn't a welfare state that will help things, all that does is rise taxes and increase government spending. It is not letting immigrants come into the country, and let them take welfare from it. It is also not helping, when the government are proposing to pay people with more than one wife double welfare, even though it is illegal in this country. Never mind our own people, having the opportunity to sit and do nothing for life.

I need not go on, because you will either not understand or not listen.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:45 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Trust me when i say bob, i would love it if this country was not a welfare state.

If you don't look at the root cause of the issues, you will never fix them.

It isn't a welfare state that will help things, all that does is rise taxes and increase government spending. It is not letting immigrants come into the country, and let them take welfare from it. It is also not helping, when the government are proposing to pay people with more than one wife double welfare, even though it is illegal in this country. Never mind our own people, having the opportunity to sit and do nothing for life.

I need not go on, because you will either not understand or not listen.
Bloody immigrants, eh?
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Usually goes hand in hand with the welfare state and/or nanny state moans. You forgot to mention PC gone mad there DaPs.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

That's the massive mistake people make though fatbrit.

Alot of people, and it seems as if the government and media WANT people to make the assumption, that it is all the immigrants fault.

It isn't the immigrants fault, it is the fault of the government. It is their fault to not properly control immigration and not properly control welfare and not properly control anything they have their mits on.

People fail to see the bigger picture, thanks greatly to the media.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:58 am
Septicity

That's the massive mistake people make though fatbrit.

Alot of people, and it seems as if the government and media WANT people to make the assumption, that it is all the immigrants fault.

It isn't the immigrants fault, it is the fault of the government. It is their fault to not properly control immigration and not properly control welfare and not properly control anything they have their mits on.

People fail to see the bigger picture, thanks greatly to the media.
Well as long as it's not your fault, that's okay.

You'll be happy to hear that over here we have government by the people and for the people, fully controlled welfare and immigration, and fair and balanced reporting. Bet you can't wait to get over, eh?
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
Don't you need science GCSE's to do the access to medicine course though?
No.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.