Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Education info for USA.

Education info for USA.

Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:23 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Education info for USA.

Originally Posted by DaPs
This is what i am saying. If i were to goto the USA i said i want to work there, i said if i went in the summer i want to work. I said if i went to the US as a student i would work part time. This is what i am saying, if you can proove you will do something to help the country and not steal from it, then fine.
There are at least a million people if not a billion who want to come here and work. What makes you different? Seriously? The lines are miles long.

Unless you can make yourself different somehow -- offer something these other millions don't have -- you cannot work here legally, not even as a student (you are very restricted as to your work if you are allowed to work at all whilst studying here).
Old Feb 11th 2008, 11:46 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really not sure why people are ganging up on DaPs. Yes... he's young and idealistic - but how many of us were just like that at his age? When I was 19, I was determined to do what I wanted regardless of what people said or what people told me I could or couldn't do. I think DaPs knows what he would like to do, and to that I say, good for him.

And yes, perhaps his spelling and grammar aren't quite up to the same standards as a university graduate, but he's already admitted that his education is still somewhat lacking... but he's trying to improve himself, and I say, good for him!

And you know, I don't even think it should matter to him that "immigration" is, by definition, a legal process and that there really is no such thing as "illegal immigration". Indeed, I don't think he should care that once he leaves the UK, he himself will become the immigrant... but he, at least, wants to do things legally and to that I say, good for him.

Also, he didn't cause the UK welfare state, so I don't think it's fair to suggest that he even consider how good he's got it. He understands that there's a problem and that if the UK government isn't going to take any steps to fix it... well, he's going elsewhere. Perhaps to the US, perhaps to Japan. He's young and idealistic and the world is his oyster, so to speak. I say, good for him.

He's a fine young man with ambition and drive (okay, and a few skewed ideas... but none of us is perfect)... and we could all learn a lesson or two from his example.

Ian
Old Feb 11th 2008, 11:47 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm really not sure why people are ganging up on DaPs. Yes... he's young and idealistic - but how many of us were just like that at his age? When I was 19, I was determined to do what I wanted regardless of what people said or what people told me I could or couldn't do. I think DaPs knows what he would like to do, and to that I say, good for him.

And yes, perhaps his spelling and grammar aren't quite up to the same standards as a university graduate, but he's already admitted that his education is still somewhat lacking... but he's trying to improve himself, and I say, good for him!

And you know, I don't even think it should matter to him that "immigration" is, by definition, a legal process and that there really is no such thing as "illegal immigration". Indeed, I don't think he should care that once he leaves the UK, he himself will become the immigrant... but he, at least, wants to do things legally and to that I say, good for him.

Also, he didn't cause the UK welfare state, so I don't think it's fair to suggest that he even consider how good he's got it. He understands that there's a problem and that if the UK government isn't going to take any steps to fix it... well, he's going elsewhere. Perhaps to the US, perhaps to Japan. He's young and idealistic and the world is his oyster, so to speak. I say, good for him.

He's a fine young man with ambition and drive (okay, and a few skewed ideas... but none of us is perfect)... and we could all learn a lesson or two from his example.

Ian
DaP for president, maybe?
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever. His grammar and spelling aren't up to my primary school standards. The guy needs a reality check. And some manners. In my opinion if you come here asking for help and then start arguing with people about things they know more about then you then you're asking for trouble.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
Whatever. His grammar and spelling aren't up to my primary school standards. The guy needs a reality check. And some manners. In my opinion if you come here asking for help and then start arguing with people about things they know more about then you then you're asking for trouble.
Were I to post as my former self, I would point out that if you're going to comment that someone's "grammar and spelling aren't up to [your] primary school standards", you'd be wise to proofread your own post to correct the various grammar and spelling errors. However, since I'm a new, nicer, and kinder person... I won't even mention it. I do agree, however, that it seems somewhat contradictory to ask for help and then argue with those who might be able to offer help.

Ian
Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:36 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

can we just let this thread die? we have told him he cant do what he wants to do (although that has changed every page of the thread so far) and why and he is now just chatting away about any old crud. if we dont reply it will slide down the page and hopefully go away.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
We have has some far worse university graduates, far far worse.

And its undocumented. Not illegal. Dems said so.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MsElui
can we just let this thread die? we have told him he cant do what he wants to do (although that has changed every page of the thread so far) and why and he is now just chatting away about any old crud. if we dont reply it will slide down the page and hopefully go away.
I want hit 300.

If it was good enough for the Spartans.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

DaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really nice

The only reason my grammar and spelling are lacking, is because i am on an internet forum and i post quickly without checking. It is very easy to make grammatical and spelling errors doing it, but that's the way i write on forums.

My spelling and grammer are perfectly up to scratch when i write something that matters when grammar and spelling are needed more.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:24 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I want hit 300.

If it was good enough for the Spartans.
And Chrysler
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

DaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really niceDaPs is just really nice

And Chrysler
Oh dear, no full stop. Terrible grammar.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 1:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaPs
The only reason my grammar and spelling are lacking, is because i am on an internet forum and i post quickly without checking. It is very easy to make grammatical and spelling errors doing it, but that's the way i write on forums.

My spelling and grammer are perfectly up to scratch when i write something that matters when grammar and spelling are needed more.
If we are being pedantic today.......Fora .
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure which word I spelt incorrectly. Perhaps someone can enlighten me. As for my grammar, well I'm writing on an internet forum so it doesn't matter does it apparently! (Although I don't agree that spelling words incorrectly is OK online, because either you know how to spell or you don't. Just because you are writing informally doesn't change the spelling of the word, only whether you use spellcheck or not).
And I'm not the one going around claiming any kind of intelligence...
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

When you type quickly and without checking, your fingers sometimes tend to press the wrong keys!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 5:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
I'm not sure which word I spelt incorrectly.
It's a common mistake and it's in this sentence: "In my opinion if you come here asking for help and then start arguing with people about things they know more about then you then you're asking for trouble."

Just because you are writing informally doesn't change the spelling of the word...
Bravo... well said!

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.