Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Do people prefer a bathtub-shower to a walk-in shower?

Do people prefer a bathtub-shower to a walk-in shower?

Old Sep 23rd 2021, 8:17 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do people prefer a bathtub-shower to a walk-in shower?

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
I was just thinking about what a bath-tub would be good for and thought about our dog. I used to bathe my cat in the utility sink. Our golden retriever is shampooed / washed in the shower; much easier to reach all over this body in the shower than in the tub. If we filled the tub for the dog, he would get the whole bathroom wet.
I don't fill the bath for him, I just use the side of the bath as a barrier to stop him escaping and run the water with the plug open to wet and rinse, if I washed him in a shower I'm pretty sure I'd end up wetter than him.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

vespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond reputevespucci has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer a bathtub-shower, as after taking off my hiking boots I like to close the plug and let the water rise a few inches.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 2:29 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Walk-in. We had our bath converted to a walk-in. Nice sliding doors and very roomy.

I used to get severe headaches-come-migraines and laying out in a hot bath with an ice pack on my head (usually frozen sprouts ) was hugely relieving.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 2:41 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

I used to get severe headaches-come-migraines and laying out in a hot bath with an ice pack on my head (usually frozen sprouts ) was hugely relieving.
Best use yet for sprouts.

Although frozen peas make a better ice pack, due to being smaller and the bag therefore more flexible.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 2:58 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vespucci
I prefer a bathtub-shower, as after taking off my hiking boots I like to close the plug and let the water rise a few inches.
Definitely an effective way to wash your socks.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 3:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to have one of each but if I can only have one would prefer the combo. And the shower only would have to be a design that is enclosed with leak proof doors, a built in seat for sitting and shaving legs, and someone to clean the glass doors once every third day. That someone won't be me!
Old Sep 24th 2021, 3:37 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Best use yet for sprouts.

Although frozen peas make a better ice pack, due to being smaller and the bag therefore more flexible.
But really only useable once though and they also lose their iciness quicker.

Once thawed the peas are kind of mushy and if you try to refreeze they're just a lump. Sprouts, being bigger, will stay individual and refreeze. Just a little shake of the bag is all that's needed.

A proper icepack - with ice cubes - is closer to sprouts than peas.

I had a bag of frozen sprouts that I used so often for such a long period that all of the colour had faded and it was just a white/grey/greenish tint, plain bag.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 9:38 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

The only walk in I can remember is my sister's in Holland. I t was nice, but came with a squeegy to clean the glass after each use.

I am ok with a tub shower and curtain thanks anyway! I like a bath once every couple of months also- followed by a shower.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I'd like to have one of each but if I can only have one would prefer the combo. And the shower only would have to be a design that is enclosed with leak proof doors, a built in seat for sitting and shaving legs, and someone to clean the glass doors once every third day. That someone won't be me!
After every shower, I wash down the shower walls and door with the water temp at the highest setting. My doors always look clean and clear.
Old Sep 25th 2021, 2:21 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
The only walk in I can remember is my sister's in Holland. I t was nice, but came with a squeegy to clean the glass after each use.

I am ok with a tub shower and curtain thanks anyway! I like a bath once every couple of months also- followed by a shower.
I just find curtains harder to keep clean. You can really only clean the properly by taking them down..
Old Sep 25th 2021, 2:33 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Wet room, anyone?

This sort of thing.

Old Sep 25th 2021, 2:53 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Wet room, anyone?

This sort of thing.

looks like an insurance liability nightmare… wet tile floor and a sharp corner and edge on the tub.

I went for a corner entry shower with glass doors. The black lines are on the outside so you can just use the windows cleaner on the inside.

Old Sep 25th 2021, 3:48 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Front loading shower, top loading bath
Old Sep 25th 2021, 3:56 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by lizzyq
Front loading shower, top loading bath
Award-winning post, this.
Old Sep 25th 2021, 4:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

When we returned to Oz we bought a new villa, I was really pleased with the shower in the ensuite because it was big and had a semi-frameless screen with pivot door, similar to below. They're quite common in new builds here, the shower runs the width of the bathroom. There's a squeegy in there and scouse uses it diligently, so I don't (no point in cleaning it twice a day!) I'm not a huge fan of loos in with bathrooms, but they're handy in an ensuite in the middle of the night. I told scouse the day we moved in, only number 1s allowed in there, number 2s are reserved for the powder room at the back of the house

What I wasn't quite so pleased with is the second bathroom is a replica, except no loo, just a longer vanity with 2 basins. I would have liked a bath tub instead of a shower in that one. Been here three years and we've never used it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.