Wikiposts

Christian America?

Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christian America?

Originally Posted by rincewind
As are they.
Well I'll shut up about it then.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:16 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Well I'll shut up about it then.
Yes, you should.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:52 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
It always confuses me as to why those that oppose religion and the bible spend so much time harking on about it.

I've been an atheist for more years than I can remember and in all fairness, I have been known in the past to be as loud as you when it comes to this topic. However, it comes to a point when you just ignore it (and grow up a little). Regardless of what you say, it will never change anything and all you end up doing is start to sound like the very people you apparently despise.

If you don't believe in it, then fair play. Just move on. Find something more interesting to blog about.

Sometimes I feel the very reason why atheists get a bad wrap is not because that we don't believe, it's because some of us just don't know when to shut the hell up.
I can't really argue with any of that. To be honest, even I sometimes think I'm sounding as much of a 'Born Again' Athiest bore as the brand new, most recent, most fervant 'Born Again' Christians.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:12 am

GMM2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
That describes me to a T.

Protestantism is such a stupid concept anyway. I was an Anglican and that was a religion founded purely so Henry VIII could annul his marriage and plunder the monastaries. Pretty much every branch of protestantism from Lutherism onwards is really just a petty little cult giving lip service to the Bible.
I was a protestant but now I am becoming a Catholic and going through the process of Catechism. I woke up to the fact that all of the protestant faiths are no different than Kabbalah and the Scientology, MAN MADE cults.

BTW..... Read the Jefferson blog, Thank you for the small print comment in the brackets!

Last edited by GMM2003; Apr 10th 2008 at 10:14 am.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:16 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GMM2003
I was a protestant but now I am becoming a Catholic and going through the process of Catechism. I woke up to the fact that all of the protestant faiths are no different than Kabbalah and the Scientology, MAN MADE cults.

BTW..... Read the Jefferson blog, Thank you for the small print comment in the brackets!
Well precisely! There's only one true religion and that's........
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:17 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I was a protestant but now I am becoming a Catholic
one of my girlfriends in the uk is a catholic and the hastle she had when she got divorced. no probs with the legalities of it but with the church...wow that was a nightmare, i couldn't believe all she had to go through, went on forever!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:19 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I woke up to the fact that all of the protestant faiths are no different than Kabbalah and the Scientology, MAN MADE cults.
And Catholicism is what?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:29 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Catholicism is:

- Taking money from the poor to buy property. Gotta keep the Vatican opulent, right?
- Sheltering paedophiles.
- Selling indulgences.
- Creating, nurturing *guilt* and infusing the minions with it.
- Inquisitions, persecution of women.
- Arbitrarily changing "divine" concepts. Limbo, anyone?
- Mother Teresa making terminally ill people die alone because her belief system required people to suffer.

Last edited by Octang Frye; Apr 10th 2008 at 10:40 am.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:31 am

GMM2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manc
And Catholicism is what?
More directly to Jesus than the others that came along centuries later.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:31 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Catholicism is:

- Taking money from the poor to give to buy property. Gotta keep the Vatican opulent, right?
- Sheltering paedophiles.
- Creating, nurturing *guilt* and infusing the minions with it.
- Inquisitions, persecution of women.
- Arbitrarily changing "divine" concepts. Limbo, anyone?
- Mother Teresa making terminally ill people die alone because her belief system required people to suffer.
but besides all that........
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:36 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

More directly to Jesus than the others that came along centuries later.
Alright, last one, I promise:

"Christians believe that a cosmic Jewish zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat an apple of discernment from a magical tree. And they think the idea that a decrease in pirates caused global warming is ridiculous?" - Pastafarian Chelsea in the article 'Pastfarian vs. Christianity'

Flying Spaghetti Monster for the win!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:37 am
@matthewb76

I see you've been touched by his noodly appendage.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:37 am
Peace onion

I see you've been touched by his noodly appendage.
I have. Ramen.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:41 am
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I have. Ramen.
good to have another spagnostic on the boards.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:42 am
Peace onion

good to have another spagnostic on the boards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.