Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Burn's mini roadtrip!! -Sept update

Burn's mini roadtrip!! -Sept update

Old Oct 3rd 2010, 5:15 am
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Burn's mini roadtrip!! -Sept update

Originally Posted by nettlebed
These are marvelous: thanks for sharing.

We're now wondering where to do our vacation next year. There is a slim chance that one of my best friends will be getting married back in the UK, which means going over there; otherwise, it's likely going to be a road trip to the NPs in Utah.

Of course, we may do both: due to long service I now get 25 vacation days a year*!!!

Nettie

*It would be nice if it was easy to find the opportunity to take them all...
Would heartily recommend the OR coast!!!

We were going to do the Utah NP's but the timing was all wrong for us, and we would have preferred to have gone now October time, apparently now is the best time of year... but due to work we had to go earlier!

One of DH's work colleagues did Utah last year and it is meant to be an amazing place/places to visit!

Maybe your friend could get married the following year if that will work for you
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 5:35 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burn1911
Would heartily recommend the OR coast!!!
Meaux has been recommending this for ages: she has a colleague with a property in Cannon Beach, and I have a colleague with a place in Nahcotta, so we may do WA/OR coast sometime soon. The annoying thing is that the coast in WA is not a straight shot.

From Cape Flattery, you have to go inland to Forks, then there is bouncing off the coast all the way down

You can't drive across the mouth of Gray's Harbor: you need to go inland to Hoquiam/Aberdeen, which is soul destroying (worse for people who have the misfortune to live there (and incidentally where I explained to M what a "hummer" is - she saw the head bobbing up and down, and had no idea what was going on)).

And from Westport you must go inland to Raymiond then down to Long Beach and back up the peninsula.

Crossing the Columbia: from Ilwaco to Hammond? No fricking way: there is no place closer to the Pacific than Astoria. But from there, once you get to Seaside it's not so bad. Come to think of it, It's WA, not OR. Curse you Christine Gregoire!!!!

Maybe your friend could get married the following year if that will work for you
We'll go to Vegas: I just watched The Hangover...
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
These are marvelous: thanks for sharing.

We're now wondering where to do our vacation next year. There is a slim chance that one of my best friends will be getting married back in the UK, which means going over there; otherwise, it's likely going to be a road trip to the NPs in Utah.

Of course, we may do both: due to long service I now get 25 vacation days a year*!!!

Nettie

*It would be nice if it was easy to find the opportunity to take them all...
Ahhhh, wouldn't it, I'm off to the UK next week but alone as DH cant fit all the other jolly plans in!