2020 Election

Old Sep 30th 2020, 3:47 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Any chance of that happening for the next two debates?
There's no way you'll get either campaign to agree to that.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 3:50 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
There's no way you'll get either campaign to agree to that.
What reason/s would they have for saying no? Genuinely interested. I can see Trump hating the idea because it destroys his entire MO, but Biden?
Old Sep 30th 2020, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Everything that Trump touches turns to shit and this debate was no exception. 128 interruptions by Trump and 25 times when Wallace has to implore him as to the debate rules. Honestly, with that kind of behaviour the debate would have been a shit show regardless of Trump’s opponent.

i can’t see any point of future debates involving Trump. Regardless of any attempt to rein him in he will behave just the same. It’s all he knows how to do.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Sep 30th 2020 at 3:56 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 3:57 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
What reason/s would they have for saying no? Genuinely interested. I can see Trump hating the idea because it destroys his entire MO, but Biden?
It would mean he couldn't call out Trumps lies as he tells them, and any level of misinformation is dangerous right now.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 3:59 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

It would mean he couldn't call out Trumps lies as he tells them, and any level of misinformation is dangerous right now.
Ah, ok. Thanks.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the whole thing, against my better judgment (and while cooking dinner). Then I made a point of flipping between CNN and Fox News for the 'analysis'. CNN accurately called it a 'shit show', while Fox said Trump clearly won, was 'strong', said what needed to be said, etc etc. Fox also said Telemundo/Univision (the main Spanish Language channel in the US) had Trump winning by a large margin; don't know if that's true or not.

Cutting the mic of the 'non-speaker' might just be a rule change worth asking for.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 4:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It took 90 minutes for the US to become the laughing stock of the world, thanks to 2 old goons. Well done America!!!
Old Sep 30th 2020, 4:51 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

That's not what I said. I said I don't care about the shirts they wear. Nice try putting words in my mouth though.
Then I presume, that you dont appreciate the changed semiotics, and the repercussion, of that image between yesterday at this time, and today.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Then I presume, that you dont appreciate the changed semiotics, and the repercussion, of that image between yesterday at this time, and today.
Unknown word alert!
se·mi·ot·ics

noun
  1. the study of signs and symbols and their use or interpretation.
Some words I've heard before but just don't know what they mean. This one I've genuinely never heard or read in 60+ years!
Old Sep 30th 2020, 4:58 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Unknown word alert!
se·mi·ot·ics

noun
  1. the study of signs and symbols and their use or interpretation.
Some words I've heard before but just don't know what they mean. This one I've genuinely never heard or read in 60+ years!
Thanks.

I thought it was just a spelling mistake.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 5:00 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Thanks.

I thought it was just a spelling mistake.
Precious bodily fluid of long-haul truckers.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 5:03 pm
Often not so civil...

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Anyone who thought that Trump wasn't all in for the far far right yesterday, but thinks he is today, hasn't been paying attention. I don't tend to dwell on minutia.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Yeah but how many Americans would agree to being paid 3500 a month minimum wage like people in Geneva will soon get

Geneva is to raise its minimum wage to almost £3,500 a month, reported to be the highest in the world

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ty-switzerland

Plus the Swiss make better chocolate bars.

So the article says 4,086 Swiss francs per month guaranteed minimum, that at current exchange rate comes to 5,904 CAD$.

I can assure we will never see that level of min wage in Canada either, look at how much the conservatives fought when some provinces raised it to $14 or $15 per hour proclaiming it would ruin the economy and companies can't afford to pay employees $15/hr.

Old Sep 30th 2020, 5:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
So the article says 4,086 Swiss francs per month guaranteed minimum, that at current exchange rate comes to 5,904 CAD$.

I can assure we will never see that level of min wage in Canada either, look at how much the conservatives fought when some provinces raised it to $14 or $15 per hour proclaiming it would ruin the economy and companies can't afford to pay employees $15/hr.

​​​​​​The irony is that this would create far more income for the state through taxation.

The downside of enforced minimum wage is everything becomes more expensive.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 6:37 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who thought that Trump wasn't all in for the far far right yesterday, but thinks he is today, hasn't been paying attention. I don't tend to dwell on minutia.

I think the difference is the direct shout-out from POTUS. That adds a whole new level, I don't that's minutia at all. The PBs are pretty damn happy about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.