2020 Election

Old Mar 6th 2020, 2:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2020 Election

Just in case anybody was thinking things might calm down now the numbers of candidates has reduced:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...et_mlk_jr.html

Nina Turner vs. Hilary Rosen: "How Dare You, As A White Woman" Tell Me How To Interpret MLK Jr.

Old Mar 6th 2020, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The DNC will ensure Biden is the nominee and he’ll go on to lose in November. That’s been pretty clear for months. Bottom line is that the Democrat establishment would rather see Trump in the White House than Sanders and they’re making it happen.
Again, how so?
Old Mar 7th 2020, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

There will be quite a few establishment Democrats who switch over to Trump, if Sanders is the nominee. How public or behind-the-scenes that is, looks like at this stage will be (thankfully) entirely hypothetical. The Democratic Establishment will treat Sanders the same way the UK Labour Establishment treated Jeremy Corbyn, they will do it for the same reasons, they will do it with the same outcomes, and there will be the same election result.

Old Mar 7th 2020, 3:12 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The same people who nobbled Sanders in 2016 so their chosen candidate could go on to lose to Trump. Plus ça change. It's not a conspiracy theory, merely an observation of patterns of behaviour. History is in the process of repeating itself
Welcome to the world of politics. It's same thing they did in 2008 when they lined up behind Obama and pushed out Clinton. Only that time it actually worked and was the right move. The DNC's (and RNC) whole reason for existence is to pick winners and losers. They never remember the times they've failed and they never learn from their mistakes.

because the Democratic Party and its camp followers has refused any period of introspection over the last four years
The fact that very few endorsed Biden until he pulled ahead of Bernie, and Joe Biden's campaign was so broke before SC that they didn't even have the money for media in any of the Super Tuesday states, gives lie to your assertions. Where was all the money if the fix was already in? I never saw a Biden commercial in Texas. Not a single one. I saw a few Bernie and Steyer commercials and a shit-ton of Bloomberg commercials. Where was the establishment money?

preferring to blame Russian bots,4chan and internalised misogyny.
I have no idea what that means. I have a feeling that the voters who stood on line for hours on Tuesday weren't thinking about anything remotely resembling what you just said there.

And that's my point. Sanders had a real chance of beating Trump in 2016 but this isn't 2016 anymore. I think Trump will win regardless of the Democratic nominee but stitching it up again for their preferred establishment has-been shows the DNC would rather surrender to Trump than risk putting Sanders in the White House.
You still won't say that Bernie will beat Trump in 2020. But yet you stick by your claim the Democrats prefer Trump over Bernie and that's why they've backed Biden. Do you see why your theory doesn't work?

Why isn't the obvious truth good enough? The establishment Democrats prefer BIDEN over Bernie. They don't think Bernie can beat Trump (and neither do you, apparently), a theory bolstered by the voting results from Super Tuesday. Those were real people that voted in SC and again on Super Tuesday not this imaginary "fix is in" DNC mob that you seem to think are secretly supporting Trump.

Maybe the establishment Democrats are wrong about who can beat Trump. That is a very real possibility. But I don't think anybody, who is in possession of the facts, believes that they prefer Trump over Bernie. That's conspiracy theory nonsense. Maybe it's what some Bernie fanatics believe, and definitely what the Trump fanatics are pretending to believe, but it's not reality.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt especially since you are parsing about whether Bernie can actually beat Trump in 2020. I choose to believe that you really don't believe this nonsense and that you, like Trump, are afraid of Biden and are spreading more crazy lies and conspiracy theories about the Democrats in order to help the Trump candidacy. It will probably work on certain people so I guess it's as good a strategy as any.

Last edited by Leslie; Mar 7th 2020 at 3:15 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2020, 3:29 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Just in case anybody was thinking things might calm down now the numbers of candidates has reduced:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...et_mlk_jr.html

Nina Turner vs. Hilary Rosen: "How Dare You, As A White Woman" Tell Me How To Interpret MLK Jr.

Don't let your overlords catch you ridiculing a Bernie surrogate. You haven't been given permission to do that yet. The strategy is this ...

1) Take Bernie's side and pretend to care that the DNC aren't backing him.
2) Keep your fingers crossed and hope that your sacrifice gets Bernie the nomination.
3) The second that Bernie is nominated you are allowed to turn on him.
4) Resume posting all of your race baiting conspiracy theories, this time against Bernie.

Old Mar 7th 2020, 3:30 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Again, how so?
Good luck with that.
Old Mar 7th 2020, 3:32 pm
Account Closed

Elizabeth Warren endured sexism at every step of her campaign

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ampaign-sexism

[QUOTE}The bruising contest has left the party divided and rancorous, with the result being that no matter who the Democratic nominee is, he will face not only the formidable resources of a moneyed Republican opposition, but also intense internal enmity within his own party. The internal factionalism and wild hatred within the Democratic party makes either candidate, be it Biden or Sanders, much more likely to lose in November. And the advanced ages of both of the two remaining major candidates means that even if one of them wins the presidency in November, it remains a real question whether they can feasibly run for a second term. And so, win or lose, the long, contentious and often hateful Democratic primary cycle will be repeated in four years for the 2024 cycle, further fracturing and handicapping the party, no matter what.[/QUOTE]

Seems a fair conclusion, going to be difficult moblising the female vote after what happened to Warren.
Old Mar 7th 2020, 4:38 pm
WTF?

Seems a fair conclusion, going to be difficult moblising the female vote after what happened to Warren.
OMG, you're so smart. Now that sexism has happened (for the first time ever!) women will stop voting.

All those times they turned out to vote was because nothing sexist had ever happened before ... otherwise, as you know, women would just have stayed home. Or better yet, they'll all vote for Trump, right?

Good God. The shit we have to wade through around here.
Old Mar 7th 2020, 5:34 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
The shit we have to wade through around here.
Yup
Old Mar 7th 2020, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Elizabeth Warren endured sexism at every step of her campaign

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ampaign-sexism

[QUOTE}The bruising contest has left the party divided and rancorous, with the result being that no matter who the Democratic nominee is, he will face not only the formidable resources of a moneyed Republican opposition, but also intense internal enmity within his own party. The internal factionalism and wild hatred within the Democratic party makes either candidate, be it Biden or Sanders, much more likely to lose in November. And the advanced ages of both of the two remaining major candidates means that even if one of them wins the presidency in November, it remains a real question whether they can feasibly run for a second term. And so, win or lose, the long, contentious and often hateful Democratic primary cycle will be repeated in four years for the 2024 cycle, further fracturing and handicapping the party, no matter what.

I really don't think so. NBC News made a commercial decision to go after the hard left segment of the market - they (NBC commentators) are really up in arms about Warren dropping out. Funny the "misogynist" defence doesn't extend to Klobuchar, only Warren. The Guardian has never had its finger on the pulse of America.

There is a reason I mock Bernie Sanders as Mr 29%. The rest of the party quickly fell into line and coalesced around Biden. Very little of the other candidates' support transferred to Bernie. We will see what happens on Wednesday, when Mr 29% is finished in all but theory, if he gracefully drops out (ha) or if he and the Bernie Bros decide to try to turn him into Ralph Nader 2.0 and undermine Biden to the bitter end. There won't be the tolerance for that this time around that there was in 2016, when Bernie and the Bernie Bros undermining was viewed as irritating but harmless - because Trump was underestimated.

Last edited by carcajou; Mar 7th 2020 at 11:20 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2020, 12:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by carcajou
I really don't think so. NBC News made a commercial decision to go after the hard left segment of the market - they (NBC commentators) are really up in arms about Warren dropping out. Funny the "misogynist" defence doesn't extend to Klobuchar, only Warren. The Guardian has never had its finger on the pulse of America.

There is a reason I mock Bernie Sanders as Mr 29%. The rest of the party quickly fell into line and coalesced around Biden. Very little of the other candidates' support transferred to Bernie. We will see what happens on Wednesday, when Mr 29% is finished in all but theory, if he gracefully drops out (ha) or if he and the Bernie Bros decide to try to turn him into Ralph Nader 2.0 and undermine Biden to the bitter end. There won't be the tolerance for that this time around that there was in 2016, when Bernie and the Bernie Bros undermining was viewed as irritating but harmless - because Trump was underestimated.
It is certainly difficult to get a good view, and I know I tend to get caught out even though I try and read different sources.

I had assumed Warren was in for the long run and certainly did not see the collapse. I wonder if she did, must have had the raw data. Now I am reading that Bernie is failing because simplistically he focuses on class and not race. I can certainly understand that Biden would get many peoples votes if he is last man standing, but at the early stage?

When you look at the 3 'names' one factor is who will still be standing come November, seems not unreasonable to assume at least one of them may succumb to medical issues, none of them are in the best of health and the stress of the campaign can not help matters.

Old Mar 9th 2020, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Good God. The shit we have to wade through around here.[/QUOTE]

Yup 2
Old Mar 9th 2020, 9:17 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Covid-19 has thrown this election for a loop. Trump needs to step up right now or he will be vulnerable. His personality and "Presidential style" (or complete lack thereof) precludes real leadership on tough issues. He hasn't been forced to face a truly challenging situation yet and has spent his entire Presidency wallowing around in meaningless Twitter antagonization with laughable spasms of a deeply troubled Napoleon complex. This is not encouraging. His punt to the completely ludicrous Pence was similarly uninspiring. We'll see how this plays out.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 9:31 pm
Account Closed

Biden is ready and waiting. Probably needs to cut out the touching stuff.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 9:42 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Covid-19 has thrown this election for a loop. Trump needs to step up right now or he will be vulnerable. His personality and "Presidential style" (or complete lack thereof) precludes real leadership on tough issues. He hasn't been forced to face a truly challenging situation yet and has spent his entire Presidency wallowing around in meaningless Twitter antagonization with laughable spasms of a deeply troubled Napoleon complex. This is not encouraging. His punt to the completely ludicrous Pence was similarly uninspiring. We'll see how this plays out.
"It's a beautiful test"!!! The usual reaction would be "Is he out of his mind?" but I think we all know the answer. To say this is going to get really ugly is an understatement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.