2020 Election

Old Mar 3rd 2020, 2:16 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Thanks for an interesting analysis.

Can you expand a bit on "... neglects to discuss the ridiculously wasteful, ineffective, abused, fraud-ridden and ever growing SSA disability insurance programs which have been a wasteful driver in increasing health care costs" ? This is not something I've heard anything about.
A good place to start is this episode of This American Life, it's entertaining and covers a lot of the topic:
https://www.thisamericanlife.org/490...-with-benefits

Here's a Forbes article with a bit more detail:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapot.../#6b9238294b6d

Both of these sources are hardly comprehensive, there's always another side to the story. All of this is debatable. Still, I find the evidence of colossal waste and outright fraud in SSDI to be pretty compelling.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
The DNC have certainly been busy, things have changed a lot in the last day, focus is on Biden, he seems the chosen one. In reality they just need to squeeze out Bloomberg and Bernie and job done.
Based on voting figures and polls, 538 this weekend had both Buttigieg and Klobuchar at less than 1 in 100 chance of being the nominee. But I certainly agree both were pressured to withdraw prior to Super Tuesday, just as some Republican candidates were in '16 to try and prevent Trump from being the nominee.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 4:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

What surprised me was not so much them pulling out, but coming out on the stump for Biden, all best buddies now. No doubt a product of what were called smoke filled rooms. I sort of expected the CNN panel was going to get bigger.

Beto, remember him?, also came out for Biden and that was not obvious.

Old Mar 3rd 2020, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

What surprised me was not so much them pulling out, but coming out on the stump for Biden, all best buddies now. No doubt a product of what were called smoke filled rooms. I sort of expected the CNN panel was going to get bigger.
I thought that was really obnoxious. It reminded me of when Trump brought Chris Christie on stage after the latter withdrew from the race. And then treated him like shit... lol.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I thought that was really obnoxious. It reminded me of when Trump brought Chris Christie on stage after the latter withdrew from the race. And then treated him like shit... lol.
That certainly was, wonder what he actually got out of it?
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

So are we looking at a 4-way split now? Biden, Bloomberg, Bernie, Warren? If the 'establishment' want to stop Bernie, then the Bloomberg/Biden situation is going to be interesting. I'm assuming that Bloomberg and Biden will steal from each other, allowing Bernie to get more delegates. I'd personally prefer Bloomberg to Biden but strategically, not sure how best to proceed. I am still sitting on my mail-in ballot for AZ .... . I could hold my nose and vote for Biden if it would keep Sanders out.

538 seems bullish on Biden - Biden is now about twice as likely as Sanders to win a plurality of pledged delegates, (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...f-uncertainty/ )
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

I am assuming Warren will be next out as she is in the Bernie lane, will she then support Biden or Bernie?

They seem to be doing their best to limit Bloomberg, what could he be offered?
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 7:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it had been pretty obvious for a while that the others would back off, probably cutting some sort of deal with the Dem party to back Biden. Similar to what happened 12 years ago, Hillary was promised the nomination in 2016, if she stood aside for Obama in 2008.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That certainly was, wonder what he actually got out of it?
Trump or Christie? Trump gets Christie to give him a nod in the hopes of picking up voters who previously supported Christie. Christie gets the hope of picking up an administration position if Trump wins the election. Of course, Jared Kushner,as it turned out, scotched any chances for Christie:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ations-hit-job
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

I was thinking of Christie.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Where are all the Usual Suspects? Do they not have any comment about Sanders' implosion? Sanders actually won but it's all the fault of the primary rules he won't be the nominee?

The rumour, and it has been out for some while, is that there is a Biden deal with Klobuchar for Vice President, and that Klobuchar's main motivation in running was to position herself for that.

Congratulations to Joe Biden. The Bernie Bros are unlikely to play nice but his coalition doesn't need them.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

Warren imploded

Now down to 2 old white men.

Old Mar 4th 2020, 2:58 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Bloomberg is gone.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 3:49 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
Where are all the Usual Suspects? Do they not have any comment about Sanders' implosion? Sanders actually won but it's all the fault of the primary rules he won't be the nominee?

The rumour, and it has been out for some while, is that there is a Biden deal with Klobuchar for Vice President, and that Klobuchar's main motivation in running was to position herself for that.

Congratulations to Joe Biden. The Bernie Bros are unlikely to play nice but his coalition doesn't need them.
What do you mean "implosion". The race has tightened up, which is completely normal. Anybody who says they know what's going to happen now is just lying. Nobody knows.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by carcajou
It will be pretty funny if no one wins a majority of the delegates but Biden "wins" the popular vote.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.