2020 Election

Old Dec 19th 2019, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Californians moving to neighbouring states? Well, sure, they tend to have lots of money and push up housing prices etc.
That might be the case, or a factor, not sure that is a prime cause.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
That might be the case, or a factor, not sure that is a prime cause.
What is a Californian? Someone that lives in California or someone that was born in California?
From my observation most people living in and around San Francisco are from somewhere else. Another State or another country.
My father used to complain about all those South Welsh moving to West London, courtesy of the GWR.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 8:34 pm
Account Closed

It is a bit like how do you know someone is a vegan.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

It is a bit like how do you know someone is a vegan.
A little too cryptic for me I'm afraid.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

Don't worry, they will tell you.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

Nearly all-white debate stage frustrates Democrats seeking more representative field

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/13/polit...age/index.html

Anybody else watching?
Old Dec 20th 2019, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Don't worry, they will tell you.

Like how do you know someone went to Oxford or Cambridge University.
Old Dec 20th 2019, 7:48 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnwoo
Like how do you know someone went to Oxford or Cambridge University.
Not actually true, though, is it? Either the vegan or the Oxford/Cambridge example.

Vegan, I can understand to an extent - for instance, if you’re going out to dinner, or organizing a dinner party, the fact needs to come out.
Old Dec 20th 2019, 11:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234

Not actually true, though, is it? Either the vegan or the Oxford/Cambridge example.

Vegan, I can understand to an extent - for instance, if you’re going out to dinner, or organizing a dinner party, the fact needs to come out.
In my experience (limited obviously) all vegans tend to introduce themselves as 'Hi I'm blank, I'm vegan', Not necessarily exactly that but pretty damn close and dinner may not be involved.
Old Dec 20th 2019, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

I doesn't have to be true. It wasn't a serious comment, just a dig at people that like to tell you how smart they are.
It is sort of true though.
Old Dec 20th 2019, 6:05 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Quick summary of last night's debate:

Joe Biden actually seemed lucid for the first time in forever. So naturally that was enough to convince the pundits it was a good night for him.

Bernie was excellent. Talking about Palestinians as actual humans, environmental justice, global disarmament plus added jokes and self deprecating humour.

Warren was good. Got the better of the Bootyjudge exchange, and had the best line of the night about being the youngest woman to be President.

Surprisingly Klobuchar did something good with her exchange with Bootyjudge, talking about his lack of experience and how he actually sucks at winning elections. Naturally, this led to the pundits to claim she was the night's winner and another hundred "time to give Klobuchar another look" think articles.

Bad night for Bootyjudge. His responses to both Warren and Klobuchar just weren't very good, and he reminded me of Ted Cruz in the fact he sounds like a smug weasel and it's clear everyone else loathes him.

Yang did OK, and was right with his answer on climate change in the fact people are already being relocated. He knows nothing about foreign policy and that was plain to see.

Steyer, I dunno, but he doesn't seem to get the hint when everyone else is shitting on billionaires they're talking about him.
Old Dec 20th 2019, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree with you on Buttigieg and Warren. In fact, I though Warren's attack regarding campaign donations backfired. Buttigieg's campaign had obviously done their homework and noted that Warren had transferred to her presidential campaign senate campaign funds raised in the fashion she now chastises Buttigieg for. Warren, btw, had a shocking post-debate interview on CNN where she couldn't do anything but spout her talking points regardless of the question asked, and was made to look something of a fool on the campaign finance stuff. The exasperation of the questioners was very apparent. Really a mess for Warren, but I doubt many were paying attention by that point.

Sanders still too much the red-faced angry uncle.

Klobucher did extremely well. Quite a contrast from the early debates when I'd pretty much written her off. But she's still plugging the "Midwestern values" line too much. Ok, I realize she needs to do it for Iowa, but it's grating.

Lots of stats from 538 on "winners and losers":

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...december-poll/

Last edited by Giantaxe; Dec 20th 2019 at 7:08 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2019, 8:06 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I disagree with you on Buttigieg and Warren. In fact, I though Warren's attack regarding campaign donations backfired. Buttigieg's campaign had obviously done their homework and noted that Warren had transferred to her presidential campaign senate campaign funds raised in the fashion she now chastises Buttigieg for. Warren, btw, had a shocking post-debate interview on CNN where she couldn't do anything but spout her talking points regardless of the question asked, and was made to look something of a fool on the campaign finance stuff. The exasperation of the questioners was very apparent. Really a mess for Warren, but I doubt many were paying attention by that point.
The reason I say I thought Warren won is because all anyone is going to remember from this debate is "wine cave". So while Buttigieg may have won the battle, Warren won the war.
I didn't see the post debate stuff, so I can't comment.
Old Dec 20th 2019, 8:10 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnwoo
I doesn't have to be true. It wasn't a serious comment, just a dig at people that like to tell you how smart they are.
It is sort of true though.
My snarky comment wasn’t really serious either.
I’m a member of Jesus College, Cambridge BTW.
Oh, wait
Old Dec 20th 2019, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

My snarky comment wasn’t really serious either.
I’m a member of Jesus College, Cambridge BTW.
Oh, wait
I sort of guessed that. Congratulations by the way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.