2020 Election

Old Dec 18th 2019, 8:03 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by zargof
I knew I'd make you a Bernie Sanders supporter sooner or later.

Also, "moderate Republican" is an oxymoron.
Donald Trump has lowered the bar to the point Republicans are voting for Democrats. That is all one must know to realize the situation is real.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 8:08 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Well la-ti-da I will forthwith and henceforth dose myself with truth serum and strap myself to a lie detector machine, before I dare mention one of your precious postings, lest I be tempted to cheapen my stellar reputation with an embellishment. Oh the shame.

Anyhoodles, back here on planet earth --- apparently you've been pissing off a lot of people with your bragging/condescending combo. You can either take heed or keep lashing out but, either way, the problem is most definitely YOU.
You are consistent if nothing else and you get some weird enjoyment from stirring the pot. It's the holidays so I will throw you a bone. Stir the pot if you must.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 8:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by johnwoo
In this part of the US, San Francisco Area. Even a modest home is selling for around $1.0 Mil. I paid $40K for a modest Home now selling close to $1.0 M. High salary Hi Tech has inflated just about everything here leaving many low income people on the streets or struggling to make it day to day.
Very true!

My cousin in Los Angeles bought his home for $37k and now its worth 1.3 million.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 8:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
You are consistent if nothing else and you get some weird enjoyment from stirring the pot. It's the holidays so I will throw you a bone. Stir the pot if you must.
Today you have accused Leslie and Robin (both long time BE members/prolific posters) of stirring the pot/being trolls. All they have done is called you out on the contents of your posts. Perhaps it is you who is stirring the pot/trolling.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 18th 2019 at 8:53 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Dec 18th 2019, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
From ...
https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/11/...id-they-go-to/

• Top destinations: In raw terms of people moving, the top spot for Californians is Texas, which got 86,164 Californians in 2018. Next came Arizona (68,516), Washington (55,467), Nevada (50,707), and Oregon (43,058). All told, California had the most exits among the state and that wave grew by 4% in a year.

• Largest net gain: Texas also had the largest “net gain” from California — more ins than outs — with 48,354. Next was Arizona (34,846), Nevada (28,274), Oregon (19,008), and Washington (17,460).

Idaho only gets a mention if you do an analysis of ratios:

• Greatest ratio of ins to outs: Or look at the comings and goings as a ratio of ins to outs. Idaho wins this race with 497 arrivals from the Golden State for every 100 former Potato State residents who moved to California. Next was South Carolina (247 ins per 100 out); Texas (228); Nevada (226); and Arizona (203).
I suspect, purely through empirical evidence that more are coming into California than are leaving. All along hwy 680 from San Jose to Walnut Creek new home construction is booming. Many if not most are Asian immigrants working in Hi Tech/IT. I see the performance records of all the local schools have risen significantly.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect, purely through empirical evidence that more are coming into California than are leaving. All along hwy 680 from San Jose to Walnut Creek new home construction is booming. Many if not most are Asian immigrants working in Hi Tech/IT. I see the performance records of all the local schools have risen significantly.
I think that must be the case given that rising house prices indicate demand has far exceeded supply over the last decade. And out migration to neighbouring states in excess of in migration has been going on since way back.when. I've been expecting the California bubble to burst for ever and it hasn't happened. Of course, that doesn't mean it won't moving forward.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect, purely through empirical evidence that more are coming into California than are leaving. All along hwy 680 from San Jose to Walnut Creek new home construction is booming.
Yes, net population of CA is increasing, and the reason is more people are coming in from overseas than are leaving to other states. And this is not low-paid Mexican labor; this is high paid, high tech.

UPDATE - what I said above is wrong, according to this - https://qz.com/1599150/californias-p...ing-very-soon/ According to this (which I have no reason to doubt), "California’s population did still increase in 2018 by almost 160,000 people, largely due to the 480,000 people born in the state" ... "Besides births, the main reason California’s population hasn’t already started falling has been international migration into the state. Every year since 2011, net domestic migration has been negative—i.e., more people leave California than move in from other states. But from 2011 to 2016, the number of international migrants moving into California was larger than the number of locals who were moving out. Since then, however, domestic departures have outstripped international arrivals. In 2018, 156,000 locals left the state, compared to 118,000 international who came."

Many if not most are Asian immigrants working in Hi Tech/IT. I see the performance records of all the local schools have risen significantly.
Making such an observation can get you labeled a racist . Absolutely nuts, but true.

Last edited by Steerpike; Dec 19th 2019 at 6:23 am.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

" You can't make this shit up"
https://dailysoundandfury.com/breaki...m_campaign=tti
Old Dec 19th 2019, 2:28 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles
Meh .... they do things differently in those Asian countries, they don’t necessarily have to adhere to our high ethical .... Oh, wait ...
Old Dec 19th 2019, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Yes, net population of CA is increasing, and the reason is more people are coming in from overseas than are leaving to other states. And this is not low-paid Mexican labor; this is high paid, high tech.

UPDATE - what I said above is wrong, according to this - https://qz.com/1599150/californias-p...ing-very-soon/ According to this (which I have no reason to doubt), "California’s population did still increase in 2018 by almost 160,000 people, largely due to the 480,000 people born in the state" ... "Besides births, the main reason California’s population hasn’t already started falling has been international migration into the state. Every year since 2011, net domestic migration has been negative—i.e., more people leave California than move in from other states. But from 2011 to 2016, the number of international migrants moving into California was larger than the number of locals who were moving out. Since then, however, domestic departures have outstripped international arrivals. In 2018, 156,000 locals left the state, compared to 118,000 international who came."
For personal reasons, I kind of hope this trend will continue, I've lived in CA for 30 years and the growth of population has been insane.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
For personal reasons, I kind of hope this trend will continue, I've lived in CA for 30 years and the growth of population has been insane.
I have no particular interest in this but amazing how many times you come across comments suggesting that they are not very welcomed.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boiler
I have no particular interest in this but amazing how many times you come across comments suggesting that they are not very welcomed.
Who is "they"?
Old Dec 19th 2019, 6:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Californians, well it also used to be Texans but they seem to get less of a mention.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boiler
Californians, well it also used to be Texans but they seem to get less of a mention.
Californians moving to neighbouring states? Well, sure, they tend to have lots of money and push up housing prices etc.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Odds of Tulsi "not present" Gabbard running as an independent?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.