2020 Election

Old Dec 14th 2019, 3:42 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Oh snap!
Old Dec 14th 2019, 3:55 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
My hero? When have I ever said that?
The fact that you twist yourself into a pretzel with this perverse defense of Trump's bullying of a teenager says it all. Regardless of any of her "issues", as you call them, and regardless of what Time Magazine may or may not have done .... your pip didn't give a squeak about Trump hate-tweeting her from the biggest megaphone on the planet. This is your pattern. I have to ask (again because I've said this to you before) what is it like to support somebody that you're embarrassed to admit you support? Good enough to **** but not good enough to marry?
Old Dec 14th 2019, 3:56 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Wait for it ... now comes the part where he says he's not a Trump supporter and he's completely neutral and unbiased. It's so cute when he does that.
I wouldn’t go quite that far.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 3:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The fact that you twist yourself into a pretzel with this perverse defense of Trump's bullying of a teenager says it all. Regardless of any of her "issues", as you call them, and regardless of what Time Magazine may or may not have done .... your pip didn't give a squeak about Trump hate-tweeting her from the biggest megaphone on the planet. This is your pattern. I have to ask (again because I've said this to you before) what is it like to support somebody that you're embarrassed to admit you support? Good enough to **** but not good enough to marry?
You are the one who brought up Trump, I was commenting on the Time cover.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 4:02 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

From what her parents have said she has multiple issues, why focus on one?
Because some are knowledgeable enough to know the links between them.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 4:10 pm
WTF?

You are the one who brought up Trump, I was commenting on the Time cover.
Bullshit. You joined in an ongoing conversation about Trump's piggery against a 16 year old and you chose to turn it against Time Magazine. This is an election thread (first clue - Trump's running for reelection) and folks were discussing the candidate's behavior.

Go see your chiropractor you've twisted yourself into something unrecognizable.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 4:13 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234

https://fairfight.com/fair-fight-2020/

Fair Fight 2020. Stacey Abrams established this organisation, and they are involved in Wisconsin as well as other states. If you are going to give money in the 2020 election, this is a very deserving and effective organization to support.
I've heard of them and they are an important addition in the fight to protect democracy in America. Way to contribute Robin. I hope when you have the chance you will add that information to the canvasing thread. I'm sure a lot of people will want to be a voice in this fight and there are many posters on this site who are not aware about the various resources. We are already in talks on my end debating what states to enter and where we will be most needed. Our target list include Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida and Pennsylvania.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt anybody on here is qualified to discuss the medical implications, I wonder if anybody at Time looked into this.

I stand to be corrected if they did, currently it comes across as child abuse.
I don't recall your posts pointing out Trump's "child abuse" towards her, including before this cover. Makes me "wonder" why that your opprobrium is so selective.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Dec 14th 2019 at 4:39 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 4:48 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I don't recall your posts pointing out Trump's "child abuse" towards her, including before this cover. Makes me "wonder" why that your opprobrium is so selective.
Certainly “begs the question” doesn’t it.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 5:26 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234

Certainly “begs the question” doesn’t it.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Begs the question what Time was doing putting a child with medical issues on their cover.
Seriously ... WTF?
Old Dec 14th 2019, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

So it is an honour?

You might want to look at who else they have honoured.
Being chosen as "person of the year" is without question an honor. How can it be considered otherwise?
Old Dec 14th 2019, 6:51 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
One of which was bullying a 16 year old girl with Aspergers simply because she got Time's Person of the Year and no one on any side rebukes him. His wife's anti bullying program is going well.

...currently it comes across as child abuse.
OMG, Boiler saying something not nice about Trump. Or did he?
Yeah because giving people honors is abuse. Do you realize how crazy you sound?
I read that and, silly me, I thought you'd misunderstood Boiler. I should have known better. His responses show it was me that misunderstood. I'm off to stand in the corner.

I suppose I should have known better. Un-bleeping-believable.

Old Dec 14th 2019, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
You are so right and there is no reason why as a country we can't restart the initiative of lifting people up with retraining. But we need leaders that have commanding communication skills like Obama that can get people united and enthused about citizenship and caring about a neighbor. That requires serious marketing ability and there are only a few candidates out there who can fit that role. Several of those companies you mentioned do have similar programs but their entry level requirements are much higher today and that barrier doesn't help to accomplish the desired goal of retraining out of work or under-skilled individuals. But right now we need to get through this election cycle successfully. Just like there was an Obama, Kennedy, Clinton and Reagan there will be other very charismatic leaders in the future who can start a movement.
Very true, even with the government itself at times, I see various options companies offer but they always list a bachelors degree as the minimum, government has various job postings for students working towards a bachelors degree that may lead to a permanent job after graduation, but for those of us who don't have the ability to get a bachelors degree these programs are useless, there is actually very few options for us less educated folks for training, its almost like the powers that be want to keep people down, I guess someone needs to to the low wage dead end jobs and if everyone had training those jobs would be hard to fill.

It is what it is, can't really change how things are evolving.

It's pretty much the same with disabled folks, the government rather disabled be it mental or physical to just collect a meager gov't disability payment rather than providing healthcare and supports folks need so they can be productive, lots of mentally ill are capable of working, the reason the unemployment rate for mentally ill is so high is few places will accommodate their needs, and limited supports people need.

There is little public support for these sorts of programs for less fortunate/disabled etc and so politicians ignore it, it's not of enough importance to enough people to make politicians listen.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 14th 2019 at 8:11 pm.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
You are so right and there is no reason why as a country we can't restart the initiative of lifting people up with retraining. But we need leaders that have commanding communication skills like Obama that can get people united and enthused about citizenship and caring about a neighbor. That requires serious marketing ability and there are only a few candidates out there who can fit that role. Several of those companies you mentioned do have similar programs but their entry level requirements are much higher today and that barrier doesn't help to accomplish the desired goal of retraining out of work or under-skilled individuals. But right now we need to get through this election cycle successfully. Just like there was an Obama, Kennedy, Clinton and Reagan there will be other very charismatic leaders in the future who can start a movement.
After a little research I found the UK does have a number apprenticeship programs.
https://www.findcourses.co.uk/inspir...xplained-13914

One example:
https://www.mercedes-benztraining.co...z-academy.aspx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.