2020 Election

Old Dec 14th 2019, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

WTF
How to govern a country :- Yesterday his "tweet count" was 108 before lunch.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 10:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles
WTF
How to govern a country :- Yesterday his "tweet count" was 108 before lunch.
One of which was bullying a 16 year old girl with Aspergers simply because she got Time's Person of the Year and no one on any side rebukes him. His wife's anti bullying program is going well.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 12:09 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnwoo
Back in the 50s and 60s most every major and some minor British companies had apprenticeship programs. The degree of difficulty of getting accepted depended on the prestige of the company. There was a lot of competition for companies Like Jaguar and Roll-Royce.
Some American Companies had apprenticeship programs I know Caterpillar Tractor did. In the US my son did with a large HVAC company. Not a trade I'd recommend. Little or no health insurance for the most part, slow or rainy days no pay, no vacation. Like all construction jobs, takes it's toll physically over time. The days of union jobs are long gone.
You are so right and there is no reason why as a country we can't restart the initiative of lifting people up with retraining. But we need leaders that have commanding communication skills like Obama that can get people united and enthused about citizenship and caring about a neighbor. That requires serious marketing ability and there are only a few candidates out there who can fit that role. Several of those companies you mentioned do have similar programs but their entry level requirements are much higher today and that barrier doesn't help to accomplish the desired goal of retraining out of work or under-skilled individuals. But right now we need to get through this election cycle successfully. Just like there was an Obama, Kennedy, Clinton and Reagan there will be other very charismatic leaders in the future who can start a movement.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 12:45 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
In fairness, it all started in the UK with the EU referendum (June 2016); Trump's election followed; and now it's back to the UK. It's pointless to draw too many conclusions/parallels, but on the other hand, there are some potential similarities. One takeaway for me is, the parties need to stop bleating about 'unfair media' and start finding ways to take advantage of the media. Back during Obama's candidacy, the Dem's were hailed as the masters of the 'new media' - they found ways to target voters far more effectively than the Republicans. Somewhere along the way, the Republicans became the masters of it. Looking to regulation won't cut it - the technology is moving too fast for legislation to cut it. The democrats need to take the initiative again.

I do think it's worth noting, though, that Labour offered a massive amount of 'free stuff', and that wasn't enough.
This is going to be one of the closest presidential elections in history and might not be resolved until after election night. I can feel it in my spirit. There are going to be a lot of dirty tricks pulled by members in my Republican party. They are not going to give up power without a serious fight and they know the numbers are against them. Look at Wisconsin were they are using the court system to try and take voters off the voter roles to help the 2020 elections. 235,000 people losing their right to vote and forced to re-register simply because of a potential address change that might not actually be true. Some of those people may not have responded to a request of verification of address because the request may not have made it to their home. Maybe it went to the wrong place or it's possible it was never sent or the resident thought it was junk mail. There are conservative think tanks that hire companies to target states to force feed the agenda of kicking people off of the voters roles in order to take away the opposition's advantage in voter numbers. Trump has to win two of the states, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan. He has no path to re-election without taking Democrat states especially since he vulnerable in Arizona, Iowa and Florida. And healthcare is the winning topic for both parties.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 3:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
One of which was bullying a 16 year old girl with Aspergers simply because she got Time's Person of the Year and no one on any side rebukes him. His wife's anti bullying program is going well.
Begs the question what Time was doing putting a child with medical issues on their cover.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Begs the question what Time was doing putting a child with medical issues on their cover.
This wasnā€™t the first time Trump attacked her nor, I suspect, will it be the last. So the cover is essentially moot. Additionally why should it be a problem anyway? Are people with medical issues to be barred from such things regardless of their achievements and impact?
Old Dec 14th 2019, 3:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
This wasnā€™t the first time Trump attacked her nor, I suspect, will it be the last. So the cover is essentially moot. Additionally why should it be a problem anyway? Are people with medical issues to be barred from such things regardless of their achievements and impact?
I doubt anybody on here is qualified to discuss the medical implications, I wonder if anybody at Time looked into this.

I stand to be corrected if they did, currently it comes across as child abuse.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 3:19 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt anybody on here is qualified to discuss the medical implications, I wonder if anybody at Time looked into this.

Yeah because giving people honors is abuse. Do you realize how crazy you sound?
Old Dec 14th 2019, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Leslie
Yeah because giving people honors is abuse. Do you realize how crazy you sound?
So it is an honour?

You might want to look at who else they have honoured.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 3:28 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
235,000 people losing their right to vote and forced to re-register simply because of a potential address change that might not actually be true. Some of those people may not have responded to a request of verification of address because the request may not have made it to their home. Maybe it went to the wrong place or it's possible it was never sent or the resident thought it was junk mail..

https://fairfight.com/fair-fight-2020/

Fair Fight 2020. Stacey Abrams established this organisation, and they are involved in Wisconsin as well as other states. If you are going to give money in the 2020 election, this is a very deserving and effective organization to support.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 3:35 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I am guessing there are a few parents in here with Autistic kids, knowledgeable enough to have an opinion of worth. They are all too but busy right now wondering why your troll game has slipped so much.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 3:35 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

So it is an honour?

You might want to look at who else they have honoured.
But you didn't crticize what Trump did? Sooooo you're defense of your hero is that what he did was okay because Time abused her first. You go right ahead with that.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I am guessing there are a few parents in here with Autistic kids, knowledgeable enough to have an opinion of worth. They are all too but busy right now wondering why your troll game has slipped so much.
From what her parents have said she has multiple issues, why focus on one?
Old Dec 14th 2019, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Leslie
But you didn't crticize what Trump did? Sooooo you're defense of your hero is that what he did was okay because Time abused her first. You go right ahead with that.
My hero? When have I ever said that?
Old Dec 14th 2019, 3:41 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Wait for it ... now comes the part where he says he's not a Trump supporter and he's completely neutral and unbiased. It's so cute when he does that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.