2020 Election

Old Dec 11th 2019, 9:51 pm
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Boiler
Difficult to see any Party that say got all 3 surviving with all 3 after 2 years, they are bound to screw things up as the Dems did last time.
It's the nature of Democrat voters. They are easily distracted. They win elections and suddenly become satisfied with just the one win. While Republicans love the actual fight but the party is not good at governing. No wonder so many people lose hope for government to do the right thing.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 9:54 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353
Try 1000 times more opposed!

Americans will not accept being told what to do by politicians unless the plan offered is welcomed change. Zargof who means well, don't really understand America society at all. Electing Bernie Sanders would never result in a European style health care system in America. The American judicial system would definitely rule Medicare for all unconstitutional. And it's a fact that Democrats are good leaders but their voters lose focus and don't show up at mid-term elections which gives my party the chance to stop the Democrat agenda. The country need to do all it can to improve Obama care.
You know, you really should stop trying to talk for all Americans as you're just embarrassing yourself now. You are after all the guy who thinks Democrats really want to nominate Mike Bloomberg or Deval Patrick for President.

It's not the average American who is going to be opposed to M4A, it's going to be the money interests. Which are of course very powerful, and it's going to be hard fight no doubt.

As for unconstitutional. Article 1 Section 8 says: we're good fam.

Oh and Democrats have terrible leaders who don't fight for anything, which is why we need more uncorrupted challengers from the left to gain more influence over the Democratic party.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 9:54 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

It's the nature of Democrat voters. They are easily distracted. They win elections and suddenly become satisfied with just the one win. While Republicans love the actual fight but the party is not good at governing. No wonder so many people lose hope for government to do the right thing.
Nobody says "Democrat" like that except people that are deliberately trolling.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 10:01 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Wealth envy is a waste of time. The rich live their life styles and they'll never give you any of their money anyway so why bother about it. I pulled myself up by the boot straps and I'm no genius. My son in law, part Mexican likes to tell the story of his great grand parents who sneaked across the Rio Grande, hiked their way to California and worked in the farm fields. Their son fought in WW2 in Europe and was discharged as a master sergeant at the end. My S.in.Ls father served in the LAPD for many years and ended up as a detective lieutenant and his son, my daughter's husband became a Captain in the USAF.
Originally Posted by nainrouge
Ah, lovely, anecdotal evidence - "I knew a guy whose brother's neighbor's cousin was born with no toes, yet he became a champion runner......" A couple on the other side of town won $50,000 in the state lottery, so that's PROOF that you will win if you play the lottery...... I heard of a woman somewhere who invented a better mop, and now she is a zillionaire....... "

Funny, isn't it, that the apologists never seem to remember all of the people who broke their backs working for 45 or 46 years and then got a debilitating illness for which they had no money to pay. Or about the woman who is 74 and has to go to work everyday since her late minister husband left her with inadequate financial resources on which to live. Or about the family in which a Downs Syndrome baby is born, and which takes up all of the financial resources. Or about the 20-year-old on a bike in the curb lane who gets sideswiped by a careless hit-and-run driver paying more attention to their cell phone than to their driving, and who thereon for the next 60+ years has permanent disabilities, not to mention huge, ongoing medical bills.

If you want to (incorrectly) accuse people of being envious of the wealthy, then you have to face facts and realize that you are indifferent of real human suffering, and the fact that in many ways life is itself a lottery, dishing out prizes and favors to some, while dealing others huge hardships. .

FTFY
Old Dec 11th 2019, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nain rouge

Ah, lovely, anecdotal evidence - "I knew a guy whose brother's neighbor's cousin was born with no toes, yet he became a champion runner......" A couple on the other side of town won $50,000 in the state lottery, so that's PROOF that you will win if you play the lottery...... I heard of a woman somewhere who invented a better mop, and now she is a zillionaire....... "

Funny, isn't it, that the apologists never seem to remember all of the people who broke their backs working for 45 or 46 years and then got a debilitating illness for which they had no money to pay. Or about the woman who is 74 and has to go to work everyday since her late minister husband left her with inadequate financial resources on which to live. Or about the family in which a Downs Syndrome baby is born, and which takes up all of the financial resources. Or about the 20-year-old on a bike in the curb lane who gets sideswiped by a careless hit-and-run driver paying more attention to their cell phone than to their driving, and who thereon for the next 60+ years has permanent disabilities, not to mention huge, ongoing medical bills.

If you want to (incorrectly) accuse people of being envious of the wealthy, then you have to face facts and realize that you are indifferent of real human suffering, and the fact that in many ways life is itself a lottery, dishing out prizes and favors to some, while dealing others huge hardships. .
"The pulled myself up by my bootstraps" is laughable.

He and I grew up in post war Britain at a time when There were manufacturing jobs a plenty. A thriving economy. An automobile industry, Aircraft, commercial vehicles, motor cycles, steel, shipbuilding. Consumer products stamped "Made in England" Even British Television and Radios.

"The history of unemployment in the UK is central to both the economic and social history of the country."The 1950s and 1960s saw a very low rate of unemployment (around 3 per cent on average) as a result of the "postwar boom".

https://www.politics.co.uk/reference/unemployment

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 12th 2019 at 1:15 pm. Reason: Quote
Old Dec 12th 2019, 3:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
What is a European styled system, I know some information about a few, they are all significantly different. I think the UK is the only one that does not involve some form of insurance, well Western Europe anyway.
And the UK is the only one that is almost wholly "single provider". Plus some are similar to the ACA where you're required to have insurance but receive financial help for it if you're low income. So, yeh, there is no "European style system". I'd say the two things that distinguish the US "system" are the extortionate cost of it all, and the mishmash of systems - employer provided, ACA, VA, Medicare, Medicaid - that form it. The two are probably related.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 4:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not wealth envy for most, it's the simple fact wages are too low when compared to cost of living, things like housing and food are increasing in more and more city's far faster then rent.

Trades are great if you have the ability to do a trade, not everyone has that ability, trades at least here require a fair amount of schooling, so trades are not a way out of going to school, just a different form of schooling, but you still need the resources to attend, not everyone has those resources, government loans come nowhere close to funding education + living expenses, and many programs are more than full-time and no chance of passing if also working full-time.

I'd gladly do lineman job, but I am not qualified, and I am just not good enough at physics and math, its not exactly an entry level job anyone can do, need to know some basic stuff and abilities.

Luck and who you know plays a large role in getting good jobs, ever heard that saying "its not what you know, it's who you know." I have applied for hundreds of jobs over the years that paid well, no amount of hard work or effort ever paid off, hard work doesn't lead to high pay, no matter what some want to think.

Wealth envy is a waste of time. The rich live their life styles and they'll never give you any of their money anyway so why bother about it. I pulled myself up by the boot straps and I'm no genius. My son in law, part Mexican likes to tell the story of his great grand parents who sneaked across the Rio Grande, hiked their way to California and worked in the farm fields. Their son fought in WW2 in Europe and was discharged as a master sergeant at the end. My S.in.Ls father served in the LAPD for many years and ended up as a detective lieutenant and his son, my daughter's husband became a Captain in the USAF.

There is an actual shortage in such trades as welders, carpenters, bricklayers, roofers the manual trades that pay pretty well Young people these days after graduating from college prefer the more academic professions
Many junior colleges offer courses in the manual trades. The opportunities are there still. It just needs the will to make the effort

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 12th 2019 at 4:34 am.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 4:39 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=johnwoo;12777459]
Originally Posted by nain rouge

"The pulled myself up by my bootstraps" is laughable.

He and I grew up in post war Britain at a time when There were manufacturing jobs a plenty. A thriving economy. An automobile industry, Aircraft, commercial vehicles, motor cycles, steel, shipbuilding. Consumer products stamped "Made in England" Even British Television and Radios.

"The history of unemployment in the UK is central to both the economic and social history of the country."The 1950s and 1960s saw a very low rate of unemployment (around 3 per cent on average) as a result of the "postwar boom".

https://www.politics.co.uk/reference/unemployment
So you think that everyone was just peachy in those days do you Mr Woo? ha ha ha ! I can remember a. few people in the council estate I lived on standing outside their houses in the street with their furniture piled on the lawn. Couldn't pay the rent. Evicted and with kids. . Factory workers in some places in Sheffield were still living in Victorian "two ups and two downs" Retired miners were coughing up their insides with black lung. the air was full of smoke from the chimneys. Luckily the winds blew it away sometimes otherwise we'd all have been suffering from breathing disorders. The river Don which ran through part of the city was bright yellow from all the chemicals that were dumped in it from the factories. There were some bright moments. Our first TV set, a 17 inch screen Pye in 1954. Dad could never afford a car though. He got his first a second hand Morris Minor after we moved down south a few years later. I worked my balls off in 3 jobs to buy my first motor bike a brand new Triumph. Class distinction was alive and well. Ever bothered to read "Room at the top" or "Saturday night and Sunday morning" Joe Lampton and his pathetic attempts for acceptance in the "upper crusts" . Arthur Seaton trapped in the grinding world of mean streets and houses and a soul killing job. Very much a portrait of industrial Britain and the common man in the 1950s

Considering that I spent 16 years of my early life in those unhealthy environs I see myself as akin to the survival rat that developed an immune system which enabled it to remain strong and healthy in spite of.

Time to take off those rose colored specs man ! !

Last edited by dc koop; Dec 12th 2019 at 5:37 am.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 5:20 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Try 1000 times more opposed!

Americans will not accept being told what to do by politicians unless the plan offered is welcomed change. Zargof who means well, don't really understand America society at all. Electing Bernie Sanders would never result in a European style health care system in America. The American judicial system would definitely rule Medicare for all unconstitutional. And it's a fact that Democrats are good leaders but their voters lose focus and don't show up at mid-term elections which gives my party the chance to stop the Democrat agenda. The country need to do all it can to improve Obama care.
Democrats are good leaders you say? 60,000 living on the streets in LA alone. I'm not saying it's entirely their fault since California has become the place of choice for the homeless refuse from many other States but declaring LA a sanctuary city on top of that with thousands of less than dependent self supporting illegals hasn't helped matters either. While city government suffers from chronic inertia, private enterprise has stepped in to start some program for providing housing. Democrat government from the top down is presiding over the "slum-ification" not only of the Golden State but of Oregon and Washington also.

Last edited by dc koop; Dec 12th 2019 at 5:22 am.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 5:56 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
You know, you really should stop trying to talk for all Americans as you're just embarrassing yourself now. You are after all the guy who thinks Democrats really want to nominate Mike Bloomberg or Deval Patrick for President.

It's not the average American who is going to be opposed to M4A, it's going to be the money interests. Which are of course very powerful, and it's going to be hard fight no doubt.

As for unconstitutional. Article 1 Section 8 says: we're good fam.

Oh and Democrats have terrible leaders who don't fight for anything, which is why we need more uncorrupted challengers from the left to gain more influence over the Democratic party.
You are forgetting some very important factors once again. Money interest are the very people who have the power to convince the average American how best to vote. But it's the extreme factions in the Democrat party that make winning easier for Republicans because they can point to the new scary idea as something not to be trusted. A 25 trillion dollar Medicare for all scheme that will bankrupt the nation will definitely be viewed as Socialism. You don't seem to understand how politics works in America. In the UK conservatives must at least pay lip service to protecting NHS but that is not true in the States. Conservatives are applauded in America for demanding everyone figure out on their own how to make it in this world. You refuse to believe America is who she is. Bernie Sanders missed his chance because I do believe he would have beaten Trump in 2016. His time has passed!!

But this really isn't about him or just one politician. The best reasonable healthcare plan will win over voters in the 2020 election. It is the biggest most important issue most voters will look at. And in regards to how the Supreme Court will factor in you are wrong to think they can't simply wipe away anything they want. Obama Care was decided Constitutional by just 1 vote. And mostly because the Chief Justice did not want to damage the Court by being too obviously partisan. But a healthcare system that takes everyone's rights away to have private insurance would not even survive lower court scrutiny.

It's a nice dream Zargof, but it's one better suited for a more progressive country. America is a central right country. And Socialist Bernie Sanders is probably running for President a century too soon for this country. One day a Socialist will not be seen as a kin to someone derogatory like a Communist. But to Independent voters in 2020 he would be the scary guy and crazy Trump will make sure of that. Trust me, it's much better to select a moderate candidate to advance the country incrementally. To ask to much of the American voter who tend to have the attention span of a toddler is to sabotage the achievements already gained. Do you really want to have current healthcare and social security slashed by a second term by Donald Trump because you were naïve enough to believe Independent voters are socialist people like you? You need to get on board with the idea of voting for a moderate who can actually win against Trump. There are still people that blame Bernie Sanders and his supporters for not supporting Hillary Clinton in the general election. That is one reason why a lot of people don't want to even consider Sanders again. It would be bad for the Democrat party and ultimately for the country if Trump wins again.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 5:57 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
It's not wealth envy for most, it's the simple fact wages are too low when compared to cost of living, things like housing and food are increasing in more and more city's far faster then rent.

Trades are great if you have the ability to do a trade, not everyone has that ability, trades at least here require a fair amount of schooling, so trades are not a way out of going to school, just a different form of schooling, but you still need the resources to attend, not everyone has those resources, government loans come nowhere close to funding education + living expenses, and many programs are more than full-time and no chance of passing if also working full-time.

I'd gladly do lineman job, but I am not qualified, and I am just not good enough at physics and math, its not exactly an entry level job anyone can do, need to know some basic stuff and abilities.

Luck and who you know plays a large role in getting good jobs, ever heard that saying "its not what you know, it's who you know." I have applied for hundreds of jobs over the years that paid well, no amount of hard work or effort ever paid off, hard work doesn't lead to high pay, no matter what some want to think.
My experience is somewhat different from yours. I believe that if you show some initiative it's noticed and leads to other things. Like a few others of my co-workers I could have just laid back in the warehouse job which had good benefits but not that great a pay scale along with it. The power division manager at the city yards knew I had been studying electrical power transmission technology at evening class and called me into the office and offered me a job as a LIne Crew helper. The Yanks appreciate people who put in that extra and appear to want to move ahead. That's one thing I've noticed since moving here. It was a start to much better things and much better pay anyway and eventual retirement into a comfortable existence. Not to short change the missus either. She did a lot of hard study to eventually becoming a pharmacist

Last edited by dc koop; Dec 12th 2019 at 6:00 am.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 6:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Leslie
Nobody says "Democrat" like that except people that are deliberately trolling.
You haven't spoken to me in over a month, and the one time you do, it's with your usual negativity? Who is trolling who!

Btw, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 6:02 am
Banned

You haven't spoken to me in over a month, and the one time you do, it's with your usual negativity? Who is trolling who!

Btw, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Why do you even care ?
Old Dec 12th 2019, 6:24 am
Banned

Democrats are good leaders you say? 60,000 living on the streets in LA alone. I'm not saying it's entirely their fault since California has become the place of choice for the homeless refuse from many other States but declaring LA a sanctuary city on top of that with thousands of less than dependent self supporting illegals hasn't helped matters either. While city government suffers from chronic inertia, private enterprise has stepped in to start some program for providing housing. Democrat government from the top down is presiding over the "slum-ification" not only of the Golden State but of Oregon and Washington also.
California attracts a lot of dreamers and you can't blame that on state government. There are only so much resources to go around and yet people continue to pour into that state. I've met Brits that move to the west coast of the States and then refuse to go back to the UK then they became homeless. I've done volunteer work. I actually tried to talk one young man to going back home to Scotland but he told me life there felt hopeless. So what can you do when people are purposely doing the unwise thing. Obviously not all people are being foolish and simply fell on bad luck but there are tons of homeless people on the west coast that are self sabotaging and moving from more affordable states. I met a young American woman who actually moved to Paris France then refuse to leave once her Visa had expired and later she was caught and kicked out. There are millions of people doing that very thing. I had no idea there were so many Europeans living in the States illegally. That was surprising.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 6:29 am
Banned

Why do you even care ?
I don't. Just wanted to point out a bad case of duplicity. But I'm 100% sure other posters have noticed it as well. I try to give everyone a fair chance to redeem themselves but once they show who they are it's a done deal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.