Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Nov 29th 2016, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Boiler
I was referring to you once again posting unattributed material with no input of your own as opposed to the particular source of said material.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Nov 29th 2016 at 4:16 am.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 3:58 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Enough of the semantic claptrap. You've completely misconstrued what I said.

Ebonhawke originally said that with a Clinton presidency with a GOP House and Senate would be worse than what we have now. I was pushing backing against that idea.

I don't know how you got the idea that Trump wouldn't be better for some people than Clinton in some instances. Yes, corporations and those at the top will still get all the goodies they want (probably even more so than with Clinton), and the rest of us will get screwed.

The problem is, on climate change alone, which could fck up the planet for everyone makes this small fry.
The fact that Trump is disputing the election results really tells me more than anything else possibly could.

Oh and the fact that he's sending Pence to the security briefings but won't be bothered to go himself? This is obviously way above his pay grade in that he's entirely too pig stupid to absorb profuse and complex information. But seriously? He won't even go and try to learn? That actually pisses me off even though it might be a good thing. Pence is two notches less insane than Trump but, truthfully, Trump is probably too crazy to actually let Pence run that shit.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Ebonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
The fact that Trump is disputing the election results really tells me more than anything else possibly could.

Oh and the fact that he's sending Pence to the security briefings but won't be bothered to go himself? This is obviously way above his pay grade in that he's entirely too pig stupid to absorb profuse and complex information. But seriously? He won't even go and try to learn? That actually pisses me off even though it might be a good thing. Pence is two notches less insane than Trump but, truthfully, Trump is probably too crazy to actually let Pence run that shit.
Actually, Trump's too busy planning his next rally - he's apparently holding a 'Thank You' rally in Cincinnati on Thursday
Old Nov 29th 2016, 4:04 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie

I'm not sure. If that story about when Kasich was offered the VP slot is anything to go by. I can see Trump spending the next four years running round the country doing rallies while Pence and Jared Kushner are running the country.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 4:06 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ebonhawke
Actually, Trump's too busy planning his next rally - he's apparently holding a 'Thank You' rally in Cincinnati on Thursday
He really misses those rallies. Apparently nobody told him that being president meant he would have to stop rallying and start adulting.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 4:09 am
WTF?

I'm not sure. If that story about when Kasich was offered the VP slot is anything to go by. I can see Trump spending the next four years running round the country doing rallies while Pence and Jared Kushner are running the country.
Because there's nothing suspicious about an unelected family member to be acting Commander in Chief. Not weird at all.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 4:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Enough of the semantic claptrap. You've completely misconstrued what I said.

Ebonhawke originally said that with a Clinton presidency with a GOP House and Senate would be worse than what we have now. I was pushing backing against that idea.

I don't know how you got the idea that Trump wouldn't be better for some people than Clinton in some instances. Yes, corporations and those at the top will still get all the goodies they want (probably even more so than with Clinton), and the rest of us will get screwed.

The problem is, on climate change alone, which could fck up the planet for everyone makes this small fry.
That covers a lot.

Actually I think I made the comment some time back that whoever won, I would prefer the other side to have Congress on the basis a do nothing Congress was better than a do all Congress.

There are 300 odd million people, Trump must be better for some that others, I have serious doubts that all that money paid to the Clinton Foundation was all altruistic. Just the way things work.

Most people get screwed, quite how much with the choices is complex.

Climate Change, well that covers a lot of possibilities, but lets assume you take a view it is happening a middle course on the various assumptions, then I would be prepared to wager a fairly significant sum that any messing around that Clinton may have done would be minimal and have no significant effect.

As I frequently say the US, the world do not work like that, people are more focussed on the now, just look around. Everytime the Guardian run a Climate Change story I seem to get an email from Guardian Travel about holidaying in Belize or wherever. Amusing. As was watching the Politicians zooming around in their jets.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Ebonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be surprised at that approach, after all he's said that he plans to run the country as a business, and it's not unusual for businesses to delegate decision-making authority to subordinates (which is one reason why executive compensation is completely ludicrous right now). Apparently, some previous Presidents tried similar approaches (including Reagan), but found it created too much confusion and chaos.

What I don't think Trump understands is that the Presidency of the United States is deemed the hardest job in the world, not because of the long hours required, or the expectation of a broad range of knowledge, but because the blame for every single decision made by his administration is laid at his feet.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Climate Change, well that covers a lot of possibilities, but lets assume you take a view it is happening a middle course on the various assumptions, then I would be prepared to wager a fairly significant sum that any messing around that Clinton may have done would be minimal and have no significant effect.
I just don't think Trump's desire to pull out of the Climate Change Accords is well-entrenched, It seemed to arise late in the campaign, but it seemed more directed toward pulling funding from the UN (of which the accords are part of that funding). Having prominent world leaders lobbying him with the reasons for continuing the funding could well sway his opinion.

Of course he'll tweet about it "Decided to save the liberals living on the coasts money. Now they'll no longer have to take swimming lessons #MAGA"

Just keep Trump and Duterte away from each other.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 5:15 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

That covers a lot.

Actually I think I made the comment some time back that whoever won, I would prefer the other side to have Congress on the basis a do nothing Congress was better than a do all Congress.
I agree.

There are 300 odd million people, Trump must be better for some that others, I have serious doubts that all that money paid to the Clinton Foundation was all altruistic. Just the way things work.

Most people get screwed, quite how much with the choices is complex.
True, the difference is you know how you'd be screwed by Clinton. But it's the unknown with Trump that is the big worry. Plus this isn't a zero sum game, so it's perfectly possible that pretty much everyone ends up getting screwed.

But Clinton wouldn't make things worse with climate change as she actually acknowledges it's a thing, unlike Trump who thinks it's a Chinese hoax.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 5:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Some well reasoned arguments from Silver on the pros and cons of auditing election results. A stark contrast to the Daily Fail's article:

Why I Support An Election Audit, Even Though It’s Unlikely To Change The Outcome | FiveThirtyEight
Old Nov 29th 2016, 6:05 am
Account Closed

But Clinton wouldn't make things worse with climate change as she actually acknowledges it's a thing, unlike Trump who thinks it's a Chinese hoax.
Hmm, well in my mind we are talking about such a small degree of difference, does it matter?

Let us say Clinton vs Donald delayed whatever you think is going to happen a week?
Old Nov 29th 2016, 6:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Some well reasoned arguments from Silver on the pros and cons of auditing election results. A stark contrast to the Daily Fail's article:

Why I Support An Election Audit, Even Though It’s Unlikely To Change The Outcome | FiveThirtyEight
I did not read the DM article but I liked the Silver on, makes a lot of sense.

Obviously begs the question why people would want to pay for an audit, obviously more interested in changing the result.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

I did not read the DM article but I liked the Silver on, makes a lot of sense.

Obviously begs the question why people would want to pay for an audit, obviously more interested in changing the result.
Money doesn't grow on trees and US is 18+ trillion in debt. Maybe if the US would start acting like the broke nation it is the sooner it can get out of debt
Old Nov 29th 2016, 6:21 am
I love my brick!

Hmm, well in my mind we are talking about such a small degree of difference, does it matter?

Let us say Clinton vs Donald delayed whatever you think is going to happen a week?
The thing is, it's not a small degree of difference. If Trump tears up the Paris Agreement, then there is a good chance that India, China, Russia and others will follow suit. Another four (probably more) years of emissions at the current levels will mean literally degrees of difference in increased temperatures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.